Who Are You Rooting for the Rest of the Way?

BUFFALOKIE

I am definately an AFC guy. I even used to root for NE in the superbowl (but I also always rooted for any other AFC team to beat them in the playoffs), until last year. I loved the beatdown that the Eagles played upon the Cheats!

This year, the Chiefs look tough and I like their team, but...

I am all in on the Chargers! They have been a good team for quite a while. They lost their home and got sent to a city that underappereciates them. They have nice uniforms.

Phillip Rivers is the biggest reason I like the Chargers. I'll not sing his praises, because in football terms, I am not intelligent enough to make a strong argument. He is a bad ass. Thats all I got. I love his PG-13 trash talk. I wish him and the rest of his team well.

Anyhoo. Who you rooting for here on out?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Saints with Drew Brees (from QB U). I'm not rooting for the Pats, but I would love to see the Saints beat the crap out of Brady in his last game. If I had to legit pick an AFC team, it would be the Ravens, because I live there and the partying would be insane again.

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I am definately an AFC guy. I even used to root for NE in the superbowl (but I also always rooted for any other AFC team to beat them in the playoffs), until last year. I loved the beatdown that the Eagles played upon the Cheats!

This year, the Chiefs look tough and I like their team, but...

I am all in on the Chargers! They have been a good team for quite a while. They lost their home and got sent to a city that underappereciates them. They have nice uniforms.

Phillip Rivers is the biggest reason I like the Chargers. I'll not sing his praises, because in football terms, I am not intelligent enough to make a strong argument. He is a bad ass. Thats all I got. I love his PG-13 trash talk. I wish him and the rest of his team well.

Anyhoo. Who you rooting for here on out?

I still haven't decided yet, but I generally try to root for the teams who I think deserve to win - based on the teams that were most consistently better than the rest.

That pretty much narrows it down to Chiefs and Chargers in the AFC - Saints and Rams in the NFC.

I am leaning toward the Chargers and Rams; but I'd be happy with any matchup out of those four teams.

Brees has been lights out all year, although I've never been a big fan of his.  I, like you, love the Rivers story and the guy deserves a ring.  Mahomes seems like a nice kid and his story has been a great one.  He and Goff both seem to have become more human as the season has gone on, but I really like both of them.

I also consider coaches.  I love Andy Reid.  Phenomenal coach and seems to be a truly great guy.  I'm pretty indifferent, re: Lynn.  I can't stand Sean Payton and I really like McVay.

So for now, I've narrowed it down to four.  I love this topic of conversation; great thread!!

Edited by Gugny
I fixed a typo. You got a problem with that?
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Indy because of Frank Lloyd Reich :)

Yes, I'd also be happy to see the Colts do well. I liked Peyton Manning a lot and by extension the Colts. I also like Andrew Luck. He is a quirky, but genuine nice guy. And then, of course, Frank Reich is the coach which also adds to likeability.

Their only strike is their baffoon of an owner.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, iinii said:

The Chargers because of Anthony Lynn. 

If they do, it’s going to be a fun offseason of hearing about the guy we let get away 

I guess I’ll say the Saints because of Brees. 

I definitely don’t want the Pats.  Chiefs would be a Mahomes love-fest even more here.  Texans are nothing special to me.  ***** the cowboys.  

I’m good with the Rams too, although their owner is a tool 

Actually many teams I would be interested in seeing win it this year.  But my first choice is Rams as they are my number 2 team.

However, if not the Rams, then in no particular order I think these would all be good stories to see happen:

• Saints - Brees is an all time great and would be good to see him get one more and Saints are usually fun to watch in general
  • Chargers - Living in LA that would be crazy story as no one expected to see Chargers do it before Rams when the Chargers moved here.  And Rivers getting his ring would be cool as well.
  • Seattle - What they have done the second half the season has been pretty impressive and Carrol and Wilson are a great combo.
  • Bears - Seeing them win it would be awesome because I feel like we are on a similar blueprint path
  • Colts - Lucks comeback and Reich would be a great story
  • Eagles - If they repeat after their start and do it with Foles again, that would be nuts
  • Ravens - Wow what a story that would be with Lamar
  • Chiefs - Just a fun team to watch and what a story for Mahomes that would be and Reid to do it after losing Hunt too
  • Steelers - Between the Bell situation, Conner injuries, being a 98% favorite to make playoffs week 11 to just 18% now...would just be a crazy roller coaster story.

About the only 2 teams I absolutely will root against no matter what is Cowboys and Patriots...hate them both.  But many of the other teams have some pretty cool stories around them and I dont have any personal animosity against them.  

However, I will be cheering for Rams first...Chargers Second...Saints Third.  

Colts - Frank Reich (enough said) and Andrew Luck having doubts about his career continuing

Chiefs - Andy Reid, best coach in NFL history without a ring, and lots of firepower that's fun to watch

Chargers - Rivers is the contemporary Jim Kelly and Anthony Lynn is the man

If any of these teams knock out NE, I'm going to root for them all the way (or whoever else could beat them)

Edited by JimKellyTryouts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In the shorter term..I believe if the Texans win and the Colts win tonight...Bills play in Nashville next year...that's all i am rooting for today!!!

Well, also rooting for Cleveland today..Ravens just get on my nerves more than the Steelers fro some reason

• Thank you (+1) 1

In the AFC, I'm rooting for the Chiefs as well as the Colts if they make the playoffs by beating the Titans.

In the NFC, I'm rooting for the Saints and the Seahawks.  They have long been two of my favorite NFC teams.  If Philly somehow manages to make the playoffs, will root for the Eagles unless they're playing the Saints or Seahags.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Saints with Drew Brees (from QB U). I'm not rooting for the Pats, but I would love to see the Saints beat the crap out of Brady in his last game. If I had to legit pick an AFC team, it would be the Ravens, because I live there and the partying would be insane again.

No way- that means the Pats get in the SB again! I want the Pats knocked out right away. 

• Like (+1) 1

RAVENS. They're rewriting all the BS narratives we made up first half of the season on what winning football is. Welcome to winning football in December babee!

Plus Lamar Jackson is fun as hell to watch it's like watching Michael Vick again with an elite defense 

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

10 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

If you root for any team besides the Buffalo Bills you are a marginal fan period!

Boooooo have some fun if you're a football fan.

It's sports bar culture to make a reason to root for your playoff dark horse and bond with fans happy to see their team actually make it. Go Ravens and Texans.. these teams are going to run train on the Pats

Plus you get to watch and engage in... Good football. AFCE games are honestly terrible games for any neutral fan to watch. Lopsided and ugly. Bills Dolphins was ugly. Watch the playoffs with some interest and enlighten yourself with games without pick6s, fumbles, ejections. Just good football. And remember that's how the Bills should be balling

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P