Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, sure...

It's been a long time since I was naive enough to take anyone's "Wasn't me" claim at face value.

Just because Richie perceived that the guy did "something" doesn't mean the guy did something that the rest of society would deem as "something".  Given that Richie apparently told him to "get out of his playground", his simple presence in the room could have been that thing that Richie found irksome. 

Or it could be completely different and the guy is full of it but given that the cops took one and not the other leads me to believe he was telling something at least close to the truth. I'd imagine there is security footage somewhere and its usually pretty easy to pull up footage quickly so if there is footage, assume the cops already saw it.

I don't think jokes are in order.  Could be another Justin Strzelczyk situation in the making.   Many of Richie's teammates have vouched for him over the years in instances where they could have stayed silent or done the opposite.  

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

How did this dude go so nuts in such a short time? I know he had issues previously, but he's talked many times how it's in the past and he's a new man etc. 

CTE, I am guessing... his brain must be in a more advanced state than most, or he really does have medical issues.

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Just because Richie perceived that the guy did "something" doesn't mean the guy did something that the rest of society would deem as "something".  Given that Richie apparently told him to "get out of his playground", his simple presence in the room could have been that thing that Richie found irksome. 

Or it could be completely different and the guy is full of it but given that the cops took one and not the other leads me to believe he was telling something at least close to the truth. I'd imagine there is security footage somewhere and its usually pretty easy to pull up footage quickly so if there is footage, assume the cops already saw it.

Yes...but "not taking at face value" does not mean "think he's an inveterate liar."  

I feel sorry for Incognito who seems ti be suffering from some serious mental health problem.  I thought he was just a jerk, but I hope he can be healed.

I think that is all which can reasonably said about his future.

However, though I look at him with humanity I think his case raises some public issues about the entertainment game of football on society.  We all have some right to privacy on health issues and so does Incog but to the extent that steroids or some other PED, "routine" football injury drug treatment or some other routine impact of this "entertainment caused something like CTE.  big isses are raised whether the "game" as we know it is worth the damage to individuals and society. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Damn, he's a mess. The Bills saw it before us. Maybe football is taking it's toll on him. CTE, performance drugs, pain meds, anti-anxiety meds. Who knows what he is on and how badly it is affecting him. Pharmaceuticals are bad news. Side effects may include is no joke. Big Pharma ruins lives.

You forgot Bi-polar as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ritchie must need stability in his life to stay normal, starting to think he may have Autism.

Doubtful.  He has a history of substance abuse. 

He has a history of treatment for mental disorders. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Nothing to see here. People party.

Well, yes.  But if your kidneys and liver are "shutting down" perhaps sousing them in alcohol is not the way to show you're serious about showing up at some team's OTAs in peak shape.

And if your kidneys and liver aren't shutting down, but you suckered Vic Carrucci and AP/SI into believing you and reporting it, that's kind of not so cool, either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

How did this dude go so nuts in such a short time? I know he had issues previously, but he's talked many times how it's in the past and he's a new man etc. 

Apparently this mental instability only hits after he leaves Buffalo ;) 

Maybe the Great Lakes are laced with Prozac ;) 

3 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

All I can say is the Bills tried to help him.  If you notice he stopped tweeting approximately 1month ago.  I hope he doesn’t hurt himself or someone else.

i would expect stopping tweeting would be a sign of maturity and improved mental composure

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

Stick him in a cage with Gronk! 

Would definitely pay good money to see that.

I'd bet on Ritchie winning, b/c he has the psycho factor going for him.

Then again, Gronk did try to kill Tre'Davious! 

Psycho vs. attempted murderer.  

Game on! 

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

doesn't seem to be a guy that will handle post nfl life well. he's a little off in the head. 

I would say he is definitely fighting some type of condition, and it is has impacted his career in the past.

He seemed to really have that behind him during his entire time in Buffalo, though.

I think all the turmoil with the pay cut, firing his agent, being released, all this stuff that has been going on....really kind of put him back into a dark place.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ritchie must need stability in his life to stay normal, starting to think he may have Autism.

Autism? I’ve known some folks on the spectrum, never worried they were going to throw dumbbells at me. 

Maybe a little too early for a diagnosis, doc. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Turning a new leaf doesn't necessarily supersede mental illness or personality disorders.