Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

The guy has been starting fights, bullying teammates and spitting in people's faces since at least freshman year Neb. if not longer. He was an incredible lineman and still was dismissed because of his uncontrollable rage. He transferred to Oregon and lasted one week.

He was voted 2nd dirtiest player in the league 2012 by the players, behind Suh. Mental illness combined with probable roid rage and just a basic lack of respect and sportsmanship. I hope he gets the help he needs and glad he held it together for a few years in Bflo. I think the Bills obviously made the right move letting him go.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, FTLBillsfan said:

Think about it. All of these are good points and related. He has been generally well behaved during his time with the bills. His team mates do vouch for him. All this craziness started after the season was over. Many people with emotional or mental issues can keep it in check if they have a daily regimen and support of peers (teammates) Once they no longer have that support group they can spiral out of control. maybe the contract situation helped trigger it

I hold no ill will towards him. He has been a great player for the Bills during his time here (both times) and always gave 100%. I just hope he can get the help he needs before he hurts himself or someone else. 

By the way, I have an Incognito jersey that I wear just to piss off the local Dolphins fans. most of the fins fans  hate him because of the bullying incident here and especially because he has performed so well for the Bills and always gave a little extra effort when the Bills played here

Nicely done!

1 hour ago, napmaster said:

Didn't see this link in the thread:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/23/richie-incognito-victim-mark-dumbbell-video/

The story from the target's perspective.  Strange stuff... hope RI can get some help.

If you post a video and it says dumbbell-video 

i need some dumbbells being tossed at someone

fake link

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, napmaster said:

Didn't see this link in the thread:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/23/richie-incognito-victim-mark-dumbbell-video/

The story from the target's perspective.  Strange stuff... hope RI can get some help.

Wow. If what this guy is saying is true, It really does sound like there is some type of mental health issue at play here. 

We have definitrly seen him acting irrational this offseason. And now this story... 

Richie seems to think the government is after him. That's not usually the mark of a mentally healthy individual. 

Hope he realizes that he does need help and then gets whatever help he needs. 

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

How did this dude go so nuts in such a short time? I know he had issues previously, but he's talked many times how it's in the past and he's a new man etc. 

Amy number of simple explanations-

couldve gone off meds, or changed meds, or started drinking/drugs, or maybe he really had health issues that were traumatic to him (maybe the kidney/liver issues are real), or maybe he’s just in an extreme swing of a mental illness

these things aren’t always all day every day all the time. It’s not crazy to think he might have things in check and swing off the deep end. He’s 24-48 hour twitter benders were a big red flag (beyond content, simply that it seemed he wasn’t sleeping for days at times)

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

How did this dude go so nuts in such a short time? I know he had issues previously, but he's talked many times how it's in the past and he's a new man etc. 

Off his meds?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..unfortunately his behavioral days go back to his Rams tenure (Google his departure)......they let him go and Bflo signed him......Bills are hardly the reason now IMO.........

Goes back long before the rams...

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Damn, he's a mess. The Bills saw it before us. Maybe football is taking it's toll on him. CTE, performance drugs, pain meds, anti-anxiety meds. Who knows what he is on and how badly it is affecting him. Pharmaceuticals are bad news. Side effects may include is no joke. Big Pharma ruins lives.

Or, maybe, he’s just an ass an it’s nobody’s fault but his own.

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

never fails. a player comes, contributes and plays hard and they jump on him like ants on sugar when he's gone.

high-horse.jpg

I've never defended his behavior. Both him and Martin seemed to have issues, and I was wrong when they brought him in.

He seems like a complete douche from multiple things he has done?

Why does buffalo have a fan base that seems to thrive on defending those that are so unlikable. He performed on the field, that doesn't make him any better of a person. I can't believe this is the thread and player you'd like to defend and post that garbage. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Finally a post that shows some respect for him.  He has always been someone who's struggled fitting into society, but from all accounts during his time with the Bills he was a great teammate and was certainly an excellent player.  I didn't understand why the Bills cut his pay after yet another excellent season.  Maybe it was to force him out, and maybe they saw a trend in his behavior that told them he was not going to stay on the right path this year.  Who knows whether the Bills tried to get him help while he was still with the team. 

The bottom line for me is that he's a human being who deserves respect, who played great for the Bills, and who apparently needs some help before he hurts himself or others.  There's no sin in that.  It's just a different form of illness that needs to be addressed.

Theres no sense in cutting his pay and handing him a 7 figure pay check up front to force him out. You just cut him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Reasonably normal family man like Eric Wood: "You can do things on the football field that are severely illegal anywhere else"

Richie Incognito would do things that were considered illegal on the football field.

Contemplate that.

I'm not sure that makes anything incognito did here or in his history defensible. I'm going to hope that quote was in the context of the physicality of the game. Parties are consenting and taking on that risk. 

We give football players too much leeway in this regard in my opinion. Because you can hit someone playing a stupid game doesn't cause you to be socialized in a completely different manner than the rest of society.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've never defended his behavior. Both him and Martin seemed to have issues, and I was wrong when they brought him in.

He seems like a complete douche from multiple things he has done?

Why does buffalo have a fan base that seems to thrive on defending those that are so unlikable. He performed on the field, that doesn't make him any better of a person. I can't believe this is the thread and player you'd like to defend and post that garbage. 

I'm no saint, I don't claim to be. I'm also not going to pass judgement on a player that other then the field of play, I know little about. I know no more then you or most here other then what is being put out there. he may be trash, he may be a douche or he may be mentally unstable, I don't know? but see, I'm not up on that horse passing judgement like you and those that feel the need to do so. 

have a nice evening. 

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm no saint, I don't claim to be. I'm also not going to pass judgement on a player that other then the field of play, I know little about. I know no more then you or most here other then what is being put out there. he may be trash, he may be a douche or he may be mentally unstable, I don't know? but see, I'm not up on that horse passing judgement like you and those that feel the need to do so. 

have a nice evening. 

I’m no saint....

but we all know this guy has a well documented history over the last 15 years. This isn’t some outlier on his resume. This is the normal. Whether he’s a huge schmuck or ill or both (not mutually exclusive and I suspect there’s a little of each column here)... you don’t need to have all the details of the root cause to say his behavior has been consistently unacceptable and needs to change.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4