Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

25 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm no saint, I don't claim to be. I'm also not going to pass judgement on a player that other then the field of play, I know little about. I know no more then you or most here other then what is being put out there. he may be trash, he may be a douche or he may be mentally unstable, I don't know? but see, I'm not up on that horse passing judgement like you and those that feel the need to do so. 

have a nice evening. 

We live in a time of social media and instant gratification. Yes there was a time people left doors unlocked and thier personal lives private. Those days are long gone. Now all doors locked and people put thier private lives on social media. I wish I could of lived in the olden days were hard work was valued and morals were important. Those days are gone. 

You turn on the T.V. and it's reality shows showing the lives of celebrities or people who want to be to be judged.

My point is the way you feel isn't wrong but you need to realize what kind of world do you live in. Kids getting shot by peers in school. Wars and rumors of wars. ECT ECT. 

Just because you don't look into the abyss doesn't mean it doesn't exist and when you look into the abyss it looks back at you. Behold I send you as sheep among wolves, be as WISE as Serpents. Meaning think like evil to avoid it. 

Richie tweeted his life as well. He enjoyed being worshipped and the attention. He enjoyed drinking the spirits. 

I go to the bar and see people dancing and singing in a drunken stupor to the songs that one day thier children's children will be in a drunken stupor dancing to. I'm not concerned for the souls of men. 

Edited by Lfod

...Richie has ALWAYS been this way. Know what he reminds me of? Some of my army buddies head injuries. 

...how many concussions has Richie had? I wonder. And I don’t mean documented ones. I mean how many concussions since middle school has Richie had? I’m curious. 

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

It's pretty surprising that McDermott retained this type of person for one season.  Way overboard for acceptable behavior for a Christian.  I guess talent overrode beliefs?

I'm sure that was the way it went for McDermott. Probably was all "Look, Jesus, I appreciate the 3rd for Tyrod, and this Edmunds kid is amazing, but if you don't bring me a big guard soon, I'm gonna have to play the mentally unstable racist. My hands are tied, Jesus. Yes, yes, I think we ALL know your hands were nailed, and it was much worst just being metaphorically tied, but still. I need a guard, so..."

• Haha (+1) 1

Poor guy. Sounds like he is experiencing some kind of breakdown. Hope he gets some help.

He couldn't have functioned with that kind of problem in a work environment, but plenty of problems go up and down. I wish him the best.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Or, maybe, he’s just an ass an it’s nobody’s fault but his own.

Asses ask people if they're from the government when they pick up a phone after the ass threw a dumbbell at him?

It's more than just being an ass, though that may be true as well. Did you see the video of the guy he had the confrontation with? He was really convincing. Richie's got issues. He appears to have had some problems back as far as his tweets this year and firing his agent by twitter.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Reasonably normal family man like Eric Wood: "You can do things on the football field that are severely illegal anywhere else"

Richie Incognito would do things that were considered illegal on the football field.

Contemplate that.

This pretty well sums up what I meant by the above:

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

That boy aint right

You can get out a lot on the football field, including a lot of bottled-up anger that would get you in deep-kim-chee if you acted it out off the field.

But even for a football player, where violence whistle to whistle is the norm, "that boy ain't right".

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not sure that makes anything incognito did here or in his history defensible. I'm going to hope that quote was in the context of the physicality of the game. Parties are consenting and taking on that risk. 

We give football players too much leeway in this regard in my opinion. Because you can hit someone playing a stupid game doesn't cause you to be socialized in a completely different manner than the rest of society.

People are posting as though most of the time Incognito wore skins and ate raw meat while swinging a club around.

For the most part, most of his life, he's lived in society without causing much ripple.  He's got something going on right now, though, that's clear.

18 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Asses ask people if they're from the government when they pick up a phone after the ass threw a dumbbell at him?

It's more than just being an ass. He's got issues.

But he was a good boy for three years, right?

4 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

But he was a good boy for three years, right?

Yeah, apparently so. Did he fire his agent by twitter before this? Did he claim football was physically killing him before this? He's clearly gone off the rails the past few months, maybe since the racist taunts in the playoff game from a guy who appears not to be a racist. There may have been some other times he did so that we don't know about ... but this one has been so very public it seems unlikely that if it had happened before we wouldn't have gotten a whiff of it. 

So yeah, likely he's been good for three years. Having problems now, though.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ritchie must need stability in his life to stay normal, starting to think he may have Autism.

You're not exactly blessed with brilliance, eh? Sorry.

9 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Is that Marilyn Manson in drag?

That's redundant.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

It's pretty surprising that McDermott retained this type of person for one season.  Way overboard for acceptable behavior for a Christian.  I guess talent overrode beliefs?

Where to begin with this post:  

1.)  Richie by all accounts was remorseful about the bullying fiasco, paid the punishment for it, and even sought help to improve as a person.

2.)  He played here for two years previous to McDermott with zero incidents or criticism from teammates that I'm aware of. 

3.)  This is the NFL where winning isn't everything.  It's the only thing.  Michael Vick got a second chance for crying out loud.  If Kaepernick was starter quality, he'd be in the league.

4.)  I think forgiveness is a tenet of nearly all religions and a natural part of the human condition.  I don't see the Christian connection.

5.)  Cutting him last year would have counted more against the salary cap than keeping him.

6.)  He made the pro bowl in 2015 and 2016.

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

I contemplated it.

You must have a "colorful" family if you consider him a normal family man. He is a POS who can play football at a high level.

At the same time, though, Incognito began displaying the behavioral problems that would follow him throughout his career. During a practice early in the 2002 season, he hit walk-on lineman Jack Limbaugh from behind, prompting Limbaugh to stomp off the field in disgust.[8] During his second game, against Troy State, he was accused of spitting on a Troy State player. Two weeks later, he was ejected for picking a fight in a blowout loss to Penn State.[9] Per NCAA rules, he had to sit out the first half of the Huskers' next game, against Iowa State.[7] In the second-to-last game of the season, against Colorado, he was flagged for a 15-yard personal foul penalty late in the game that largely contributed to the Huskers losing to the Buffaloes.[9]

In the spring of 2003, Incognito was involved in a fight during practice and was suspended indefinitely by head coach Frank Solich. By this time, Solich and his staff were concerned enough about Incognito's behavior to send him to the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas for anger management treatment.[9] Incognito was reinstated by the start of the season and started 13 games at left tackle. He was rewarded with a first-team All-Big 12 selection by the Associated Press.[7] However, during the Huskers' victory in the 2003 Alamo Bowl, he was accused of spitting on two Michigan State players.[8]

In February 2004, Incognito was involved in a fight at a party and was charged with three counts of assault. In June, he was found guilty on one of the misdemeanor assault charges and paid a $500 fine. Incognito was shifted to center during the 2004 preseason camp. He entered the season with high expectations, listed on a number of preseason lists as a top center and named to the watch list for the Rimington Trophy going to the best center in college football.[10] On September 1, however, he was suspended indefinitely for repeated violations of team rules. The final straw for new coach Bill Callahan came when Incognito was once again involved in a fight in the locker room. Within a few weeks, Incognito withdrew from all classes at Nebraska and left Lincoln.[9][11]

In late September, he transferred to the University of Oregon, only to be dismissed from the team a week later. Head coach Mike Bellotti said Incognito failed to meet the conditions he had agreed to meet before his arrival in Eugene. Bellotti didn't elaborate, but Incognito had been required to complete an anger-management course and adhere to a strict code of conduct.[

In November 2013, ESPN reported on Incognito's alleged role in harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin.[43] According to Incognito, he had reached out to Martin after he had left the team, and the two had an amicable text exchange, in which Incognito claims Martin said he did not blame him or his teammates personally.[44] Incognito subsequently expressed outrage over the report, going on Twitter to demand that ESPN's Adam Schefter "Stop slandering my name."[45]

Schefter and Chris Mortensen reported on ESPN on November 3 that Martin fears "retribution, primarily from Incognito." The article goes on to state that "the matter is absolutely under review and preliminarily identifies Incognito as an alleged offender in multiple incidents of possible harassment and bullying over the past two seasons, with Martin not the only victim." Schefter and Mortensen also cited unnamed sources that one of the significant allegations is an incident during the summer of 2013 when Incognito got Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Las Vegas by a group of Dolphins, even though Martin preferred not to, "fearing the consequences if he did not hand over the money."[46]

On November 3, Mike Garafolo reported on Fox Sports 1 that Incognito is alleged to have sent Martin threatening and racially charged messages. He also reported that the team and league—rather than the players' association—has been asked to investigate.[47] That same day, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that Incognito "has had to be reprimanded in the past for his actions toward team employees," citing an unnamed source.[48] La Canfora and Schefter subsequently reported statements from an unnamed source that the team and the league are now in possession of highly disturbing texts and voicemails in which Incognito used a racial slur against Martin, and disturbing text and voice exchanges including "a reference to tracking down members of Martin's family and harming them" and even threatening to kill Martin. According to La Canfora, Incognito's alleged harassment of Martin had gotten to the point that Martin actually feared for his safety, and felt that leaving the team was his only option.[49][50]

Just hours after the Dolphins' game against the Cincinnati Bengals, the Dolphins suspended Incognito indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. The Dolphins also asked the NFL to join their own internal investigation of the matter. According to Schefter, the final straw for the Dolphins was a highly graphic voicemail Incognito left in April 2013, in which Incognito called Martin a "half-nig*er piece of s*it," threatened to slap Martin's mother across the face and even uttered a death threat against Martin. Until then, the Dolphins had publicly maintained the charges against Incognito were pure speculation. Schefter said that as late as the afternoon of November 3, the Dolphins didn't even know the voicemail existed. Within hours of hearing the tape, Schefter said, the Dolphins had suspended Incognito.[51] The next day, a Dolphins source told The Miami Herald that Incognito would never play another down for the Dolphins again, and that the team intended to cut ties with him at the earliest opportunity.[52]

On November 5, the (Fort Lauderdale) Sun-Sentinel quoted "multiple sources" as saying that Incognito may have taken orders from Dolphins coaches to "toughen up" Martin too far. The Sun-Sentinel reported that the controversial voice mail message that ultimately led to Incognito's suspension was made after Martin missed two days of the team's voluntary workout program. The coaches asked Incognito—by this time, reckoned as the leader of the offensive line—to make a call that would "get him into the fold."[53] On November 7, reports emerged that Miami GM Jeff Ireland reacted to the allegations by suggesting that Martin punch Incognito[54] – however, rather than take things that far, Martin chose to leave the team.

Under the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, Incognito was initially slated to sit out for a maximum of four weeks. At the end of that time, the Dolphins would have had to either release him or find some way to keep him off the field, given earlier statements that he would never appear in a Dolphins uniform again. However, the league and the Dolphins agreed to extend the suspension for another two weeks with pay. On December 16, the league and the Dolphins announced that Incognito would remain suspended for the remainder of the season.[55]

On February 3, 2014, the text messages exchanged between Martin and Incognito were leaked. It is thought that "the leak came from Incognito or someone close to him, because the text messages tend to support the notion that Incognito and Martin were friends. Moreover, nothing in the Incognito text messages suggests harassment or bullying of Martin." On February 4, 2014, Incognito's 3-month long suspension ended.[56]

Investigator's report[edit]

On February 14, 2014, lawyer Ted Wells released a report (NFL summary) following an investigation into the matter ordered by the NFL. The investigation concluded that Incognito, and to a lesser extent fellow offensive linemen John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, bullied Martin, yet another (unnamed) Dolphins offensive lineman, and also a Dolphins staff member, an unnamed assistant trainer.[57][58]

The report also concluded that Incognito, Jerry, and Pouncey made severe racial slurs towards the assistant trainer, and Incognito and Jerry even taunted him by saying that they had sex with his girlfriend. On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands featuring a rising sun emblem (which the assistant trainer had given them) and jokingly threatened to harm the assistant trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack. The assistant trainer confided in Martin that he was upset about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage, as the assistant trainer is from Japan.[59]

Further, the report concluded regarding Martin's "mental health problems, alcohol and drug use and... concerns about poor performance on the field" that "his text messages and other evidence demonstrate that these are real factors, not issues Incognito has manufactured out of whole cloth."[60] The report noted a published newspaper report regarding Martin's difficulties with the position change the Dolphins made with him days before he left the team and alleged harassment. The Miami Herald noted that the Dolphins were concerned about Martin's reaction to the move, and noted that "It was clear Martin isn't thrilled about the move. "You can approach this two different ways," Martin said. "You can go in the tank and be one of those guys who bitches and moans and is a cancer in the locker room, or you can be a guy who goes out there and can be a professional and plays as hard as I can." Martin says he'll be the latter."[61]

What is sad about this is all the people without names. I mean, Ive seen homeless people and that sucks....but no name? Rough!

Edited by fansince88

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

If you can dodge a barbell then can dodge a ball

Barbells probably aren’t American Dodgeball Association of America Association, the ADAAA rules are pretty strict!

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's your point?

Reminds me of t:

'It only takes one slip, and I'll end up right back where you found me,' Wallace had told Jackson in 1995.

What’s my point? Seriously? Who are you, Mike Schopp?

Figure it out yourself.

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've never defended his behavior. Both him and Martin seemed to have issues, and I was wrong when they brought him in.

He seems like a complete douche from multiple things he has done?

Why does buffalo have a fan base that seems to thrive on defending those that are so unlikable. He performed on the field, that doesn't make him any better of a person. I can't believe this is the thread and player you'd like to defend and post that garbage. 

Or maybe he has some issues like you said and by you calling him garbage for something he may not be able to help makes you unempithetic.