Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

42 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Whether the op is full of it or not, I'm 100% ok with starting peterman this year. We can still draft a qb too. Peterman has been here a year and has a good chance to play better than any rookie we draft (this upcoming season at least) 

Pppshhh *snort* :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::huh::huh::huh::o

Oh god, you were being serious, weren't you?

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If Peterman was eligible to go back this year and get drafted, knowing what we know now, where would he be picked (if at all)? I’m fairly certain he’d be an UDFA. 

I think he'd drop 5 rounds...oh wait! UDFA

Edited by horned dogs

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

You were wrong about Trent Edwards and now you're doubling down on Peterman. 

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Five picks in one half.  Maybe it was just a case of rookie nervousness.

Or maybe he's just that bad.  

I wouldn't be okay with Peterman as the starter.  

Unless people are related to Peterman, no one should be okay with him starting haha

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If Peterman was eligible to go back this year and get drafted, knowing what we know now, where would he be picked (if at all)? I’m fairly certain he’d be an UDFA. 

Now did you consider Peterman's untapped upside  during your evaluation?   

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I've been pondering on this myself. I was thinking he'd be slotted somewhere around Luke Falk. But I see him probably dropping to the 4th or 5th round. He could drop farther with all of the quarterbacks available in free agency. 

I honestly think Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield got first round. Then someone will take a shot on Jackson and his athletic ability. 

After that I think it is going to be a very long wait for those other guys. Probably 4th or 5th, kinda like when Connor Cook kept falling. 

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

We appreciate your contributions to the board Nate.  A little self serving, but entertaining none the less.

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been pondering on this myself. I was thinking he'd be slotted somewhere around Luke Falk. But I see him probably dropping to the 4th or 5th round. He could drop farther with all of the quarterbacks available in free agency. 

I honestly think Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield got first round. Then someone will take a shot on Jackson and his athletic ability. 

After that I think it is going to be a very long wait for those other guys. Probably 4th or 5th, kinda like when Connor Cook kept falling. 

Knowing what we know now, and seeing his performance this year, you think his draft stock would be... higher than last year?

Gotta disagree. He basically rode that Clemson win into being drafted at all. After all his picks this year, he's back to UDFA where he probably belonged originally. IMO.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Bringing this up forever, which some fans are going to do, is not really relevant to Peterman's potential or where he stands in his career.

There are plenty of other things to criticize him about, but constantly referencing his first half of football, ever, is stupid.

I am thinking of Troy Aikman, for example, looking horrible for the first few years of his career.  The  Cowboys won very little and Aikman got killed.  No one talks about what happened in the 3rd game (or first half!) of his career..they tend to focus more on the 3 Superbowl rings and his admission to the HOF.

How do you evaluate his potential?  

As the old saw goes, "The best predictor of future performance is past performance."  NP had a 38.4 passer rating last year.  What we've seen thus far doesn't provide a lot of fuel for hope.  

But I'm with you 100%.  Sometimes QBs get better.  Jim Plunkett looked like a dud/bust/journeyman until his 30s when he became a Super Bowl MVP.  It happens.

I just have no confidence that Peterman is another Plunkett or Aikman, though I really hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

He looked bad in the preseason and the Jags game too, and it was blatantly obvious that even if he does everything else right, the arm strength isn't there for the passes outside the hashes.

Looked bad in the Preseason you say? 

So you predicted Brian Gaine, former Texans director of player personnel, would fill their GM spot. Congrats. That in turn results in you being given the full offseaon script for the Bills. Makes sense. Anyone who doubts that must be a cynical SOB, huh?

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Knowing what we know now, and seeing his performance this year, you think his draft stock would be... higher than last year?

Gotta disagree. He basically rode that Clemson win into being drafted at all. After all his picks this year, he's back to UDFA where he probably belonged originally. IMO.

I hear you. I just think that second group of quarterbacks in this draft, after the top 4 just aren't very good so it's just really hard to place. Do I think he would get drafted in front of a Mason Rudolph? Probably. Is he better than Connor Cook who went in the fourth a couple years ago? Probably not. I think  it's hard to say but I don't think he would go undrafted. Probably in the 5-7 range. I could see him going in the fourth if a GM thought he was the least crappy of the second tier of quarterbacks, and thought they were getting a future Kirk Cousins as we apparently thought. 

Last year there was some hype about Peterman sneaking into that 2-4 range, but fifth was probably the right spot. I don't think he's a future starter but I don't think I can put a wrap on his career after a historically terrible half and bad pick at the end of a game for which he probably had zero reps. I'm not done with him yet and still think he is better than he has shown. I don't think we win the snow game without him making those throws to KB. Is he Kirk Couisns or just generic, smart, weakish  arm quarterback? Not sure yet. Likely somewhere in between. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Maybe so but it leaves our biggest problem, the offense, in even worse shape than it was last year. We can't go into another season with Mills and Ducasse on the right side. I won't even bother mentioning the woeful WR and TE situation. I don't get all the mocks that have us taking DT's, LB's and CB's before addressing any of the many, many problems on offense. 

Wr and TE are weak in this yrs class. Last yr was loaded at TE probably the best ever and we still didn't take one.  Wr was also very good these last 2, 3 yrs and we haven't been able to hit when we take a guy. Zay to me has really nothing special bout his gm. Its safe to say we reached badly by trading up for him while Wrs that went after him look and play much better. Galladay looks like a beast as well as Kupp and Godwin. 

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

We too believe peterman is the answer. We also expect him to redeem himself with a 5-TD game. 

Did you mean half? 

I don’t hate the guy, but that was downright amazing!  (And NOT in a good way...) 

1 hour ago, Direhard Fan said:

Missed the pre season but saw NP during the season.  Where in the world do you see a Super Bowl QB in him?  Just can't see it.  Keep TT at a reduced price and let the new guy learn from the bench.  TT is fun to watch and NP made me cry.  

I can't watch TT anymore hes not fun at all.  Running around in circles is not playing QB. TT is a good to great bkup in NFL not a starter. 

They could always find Poyer and Hyde type players as WR or LBers in free agency

Nobody thought those were huge signings but both played very well to great this season. All you need is a Poyer at WR and a Hyde at LB. Not crazy contracts and good solid players for the team. Then you don't have as many holes in the draft.

All of that makes sense. 

There are going to be a lot of Really good DTs available to us in round 1. I am putting my money on Harrison Phillips with one of our first round picks. Former wrestler, blue collar Nebraska boy, clone of Kyle Williams on tape. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Any scenario where Peterman is competing for the starting QB job = my nightmare offseason and a complete loss of faith in this front office.

He should be competing for a spot on the practice squad.

This happens and it doesn't work out Mcd needs to be fired. Plain and simple.  Especially if Mahomes or Watson become stars. 

I like Mcd as a coach but i question his ability to make front office GM moves.  Last yr in the draft we had 2 potential guys we could started the process with but like the long line of Defensive Head Coaches we've had he just had to draft the Cornerback first.  I realize Tre is a good player but u just can't compare to what we possibly missed on. 

57 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Pppshhh *snort* :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::huh::huh::huh::o

Oh god, you were being serious, weren't you?

Serious question. Of all the qbs that are drafted in any given year, how many of those are truly successful in their rookie year? Don't misunderstand the question. Maybe 1 out of them all? So yes, Peterman in 2018 may be a good answer while a rookie qb sits and prepares 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

No reason to cut Glenn. Non what so ever. If they can not trade a All Pro in his prime highly coveted LT positon player that has a reasonable contract with most of the dead cap absorbed by Bills then Bean has completely lost me on his abilities to trade in NFL.

Peterman would be a fine bridge guy. He will stink it up some at first but who cares. I think he can be developed next year and could become a long time back up like Matt Moore Ryan Fitz types do.  Next year is a rebuild anyway so perfect timing, lets see what he can do with full support.

Unless they get A Smith or Cousins then it is more of a win now season..

Edited by cba fan

3 hours ago, teef said:

there is absolutely zero real source here.  this is dunkirk don type info, with better grammar.

...sounds more like Chapstick Chad.......first, NO knock on Peterman here...I like the kid for a 5th and what he has shown as far as the mental aspect of the NFL game.....this though is comical and one helluva spread between a 5th rounder OR a QB projected to go in no less than the top 10......an "either or" like that should generate multiple pink slips IMO.....

This is "smokescreen" season, isn't it??

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

15 minutes ago, billspro said:

All of that makes sense. 

There are going to be a lot of Really good DTs available to us in round 1. I am putting my money on Harrison Phillips with one of our first round picks. Former wrestler, blue collar Nebraska boy, clone of Kyle Williams on tape. 

Maybe we can bring back that idiot DL coach who graded DL prospects based on if they could pass his wrestling test. His name escapes me. 

i don't even think Peterman is good enough to start at many colleges let alone in the NFL.  he got bounced from Tennessee and they are desperate for good QB play.  i'm trying to think of what schools he could have started for this year but all of the QB's coming out are better.  this is either a joke thread or someone is messing with the OP