Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

10 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Converted a 4th and 3 with his legs on the first play he entered the game. INT should not have counted either and it was another deflection anyway because the WR's weren't used to catching such high velocity throws from an NFL caliber QB.

And despite McD being in over his head against a vastly superior Jags coaching staff and team, NP almost tied the game. Still think we would have won with him starting.

Poppycock

3 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Glenn and Tyrod go hand in hand with popular belief. I feel like those points are obvious and most will be shocked if it DOESN'T happen.

Glenn and TT are closer to 180 degrees apart than similar situations.

Hating on Glenn is either believing propaganda or lacking football knowledge.  LTs don’t grow on trees and Glenn is good!  Folks that say his salary is too high....they are closer to too high than knowing what they are talking about.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Remember the last time that the Bills gave Peterman the keys? 

200w.gif

Technically it was the game against the Colts, where he didn't look bad except for the boneheaded dive for yardage. He showed good chemistry with Benjamin.  I don't think he's the starter of the future, but who knows?  Either way, I'd like to see the Bills bring in a new QB this year.

5 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I mean, I literally just did that draft on FanSpeak. If you consider what this guy says about the QB situation, whats wrong with who I drafted? Was I heavy on the Safeties and Corners, sure, a little bit. But we have injury issues, and little depth and a possible opening on the one side. Again, if we don't draft a QB, tell me why my draft is SOOOOOO terrible. 

I've seen good write ups on James Washington, and we definitely could use a new RG and DT.  Thanks for taking the time to share your mock draft :)  

14 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I'm sure that's the plan, I don't expect 'big splash' FA signings but the Bills have money to spend and will certainly look for key veterans on defense (yes including some Carolina guys) they can bring in on 2nd tier type of deals.

If we stay put in the first round and don't land Darnold, pretty sure DT, DE and LB will be on the table with our back to back picks unless their is a guy they can't resist based on their draft board even if it's at a position that's not a priority need.

Why don't they like Mayfield?

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

This poster is the same dude that used to be SaviorEdwards on the old BBMB.

He actually has great Bills sources and insights but is obviously trolling with this Peterman nonsense. 

What’s the point in trolling if a person has actual sources? You would think they would want to keep a positive reputation...I can almost believe what SP is saying because Beane has openly expressed how much he likes Peterman.

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I believe that the OP has a "source" (a freelance scout/executive) who told him that the Bills like Darnold, and that they also still like Peterman as a developmental prospect.  THAT'S IT.

The rest of it is the OP's excited stretch.

The Bills liking Sam Darnold is not a new revelation.  This is nothing more than the OP continuing his Peterman fantasy as a viable solution to the QB problem that has plagued the team since Kelly's retirement. 

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Serious question. Of all the qbs that are drafted in any given year, how many of those are truly successful in their rookie year? Don't misunderstand the question. Maybe 1 out of them all? So yes, Peterman in 2018 may be a good answer while a rookie qb sits and prepares 

Well, in recent memory Andrew Luck, Russel Wilson and RGIII in their rookie years. All made the playoffs. Hell, I would argue that you saw more out of Mark Sanchez year one than you did Peterman.

15 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Just a couple points of clarification in response to some posts on here:

1) I know I said Bills are 'all in', but what I mean is that if they don't get Darnold then NP is the guy they want to continue to develop, build around and presumably start in 2018 unless he's terrible or legitimately beat out by whatever journeyman vet we sign. But I do agree with the folks that he has to earn the job vs being handed to him like we have with other QB's years past. But if he continues to progress like I suspect he will he should easily beat out most veterans on the street we'd probably be interested in.

2) As far as the Bills interviewing Mason Rudolph or some of these other guys, understand that but what I meant is that there is virtually zero chance the Bills spend their 1st rounder on them. If they should fall to the 3rd/4th/5th round or somewhere around there like NP did last year obviously that might change things but at that point they'd just be another guy competing for the 3rd QB spot behind NP and whatever vet we sign.

3) For those that have PM'd me about my personal draft board: I have Darnold #1 for QB's. Rosen #2 (both top 5 picks) Also have a 2nd round grade on Josh Allen (he'l likely go much higher though), 3rd round grade on Mason Rudolph, 4th on Lamar Jackson. 6th rounder on Mayfield (going to be a huge bust mostly because he's a Manziel clone on and off the field). Sad thing is a lot of these guys will be overdrafted given how desperate a lot of teams picking in the top 15 are for a QB. Which is also why I think the Bills won't be foolish enough to make a big mistake again like they did in 2004 with Losman and 2013 with Manuel especially since the playoff drought monkey is off this regimes back and they have a potential steal in NP.

*Also a true dark horse QB to watch out for is Tanner Lee, I have a 4th round grade on him but he could go as high as 2nd round. Very similar QB to NP and coaches still covet pocket passers who thrived in pro style college offenses. Perhap's he could be our Kirk Cousins behind NP if we spend another mid round pick on a QB

we need to be honest with each other.  has anyone really pm'ed you about your personal draft board?  

can anyone who pm'ed the op come forward?

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

This poster is the same dude that used to be SaviorEdwards on the old BBMB.

He actually has great Bills sources and insights but is obviously trolling with this Peterman nonsense. 

do you not remember this on the last board.  even if he has sources, i can't remember one occasion where anything was actually correct, or even in the ball park of reality.  i think it's a situation where someone has a strong opinion, and backs it up with their, "sources".

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually have the exact opposite takeaway. I’m amazed at how many people are confident in a 5th round pick, with minimal upside, that played some of the worst football the league has ever seen. I think that he is more likely to be out of the league than he is to start another game. 

People earlier were were talking about Peyton’s struggles and Aikman’s struggles as rookies. Those guys were #1 overall picks!! We aren’t talking about a Goff-type of prospect. We are talking about a Levi Brown-type of prospect. The odds are/were long against him and when his number was called he was worse than anyone could have possibly imagined. 

You can count me in that group!! If the Patriots want to give a pick for Peterman I will help him pack. I just hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us like Scott Chandler did.

Even more amazing is how many people stick/stuck to a 6th rd. QB with 7 yrs. in the league, with no upside and on several occasions played the worst football the league has ever seen......<_<

8 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Even more amazing is how many people stick/stuck to a 6th rd. QB with 7 yrs. in the league, with no upside and on several occasions played the worst football the league has ever seen......<_<

Ha ha, that’s so wrong. He certainly has minimal upside but managed games. He didn’t make mistakes, and led 2 top 10 scoring offenses. He may not be great but “worst football the league has ever seen?” Get out of here!! We have had 10+ worse QBs in the last decade. Peterman literally did something that no one has done since the merger in his 1st half!! You use hyperbole; I use facts. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Exactly. Plus, Peterman fell to the 5th round. In some mock drafts he was a 3rd rounder. Yes, he may be a career backup and never have that "it" factor, but he may also be a good bridge if the bills cannot draft a qb high, or get a starting qb in free agency. 

People also seem to forget that he played very well in pre season, the saints game and also the first Patriots game when Tyrod got injured. I'll even put the Colts game in there as he threw some nice passes in putrid weather. He got thrown to the wolves to some degree getting his first stat in a game that was on the other side of the country, and against 2 outstanding pass rushers. Again, he may not be anything more than a backup, but neither is Tyrod 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, that’s so wrong. He certainly has minimal upside but managed games. He didn’t make mistakes, and led 2 top 10 scoring offenses. He may not be great but “worst football the league has ever seen?” Get out of here!! We have had 10+ worse QBs in the last decade. Peterman literally did something that no one has done since the merger in his 1st half!! You use hyperbole I use facts. 

You mean Mccoy led 2 top 10 scoring offenses? Tyrod was maybe 20% of that scoring 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Exactly. Plus, Peterman fell to the 5th round. In some mock drafts he was a 3rd rounder. Yes, he may be a career backup and never have that "it" factor, but he may also be a good bridge if the bills cannot draft a qb high, or get a starting qb in free agency. 

People also seem to forget that he played very well in pre season, the saints game and also the first Patriots game when Tyrod got injured. I'll even put the Colts game in there as he threw some nice passes in putrid weather. He got thrown to the wolves to some degree getting his first stat in a game that was on the other side of the country, and against 2 outstanding pass rushers. Again, he may not be anything more than a backup, but neither is Tyrod 

You mean Mccoy led 2 top 10 scoring offenses? Tyrod was maybe 20% of that scoring 

Pure fantasy.  He played just okay in the preseason, the Saints gave him easy throws in garbage time, and he was unimpressive against the Patriots.  

I don’t know why we are continuing on with this ridiculous thread but let me ask it another way, what encouraged you about Peterman? He entered the league with accuracy concerns, arm strength concerns and struggled under pressure. The called him “Nervous Nate” in college. He came into the league, struggled under pressure, didn’t have the arm strength to get the ball into tight windows and missed guys. He completed less than half of his pass attempts to his guys (and another 10%+ to defenders). What is it that gives you hope? He is EXACTLY what the people that didn’t like him thought he was. In fact, he’s a worse version of that.

People talking about “mock drafts” when the actual scouts are all that matters. The most knowledgeable people liked him the least. It should come as no surprise that so many Bills fans like him. 

I’d be happy to debate this further but I’d rather defer to the scouting reports of @GunnerBill and @Blokestradamus

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Tyrod accounted for 53.4% of the Bills offensive TDs in those 2 years (47 of 88). He missed a few games too. No reason to use hyperbole. Use facts 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d be happy to debate this further but I’d rather defer to the scouting reports of @GunnerBill and @Blokestradamus

My initial scouting report read one word "Yuck." 

I did go back in the last week before the draft and watch him some more and softened slightly to "UDFA, possible 7th round comp pick."  I'd have picked almost any QB that was drafted in 2017 ahead of him.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I like Darnold and all but from what I have seen, the Bills absolutely being in love with Darnold is nothing more than pure speculation by Jeremy White.  McDermott is all about "The Process" and high character players.  Darnold seems to be as high character as they come and that has led to speculation that the Bills are interested and may be willing to trade a bundle for him.  Nowhere else besides WGR, have I seen or heard anything regarding the Bills being willing to give up a lot to trade up for Darnold.  

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I did go back in the last week before the draft and watch him some more and softened slightly to "UDFA, possible 7th round comp pick."  I'd have picked almost any QB that was drafted in 2017 ahead of him.  

i find it unbelievable how far some of you will go to discredit and put peterman down. did you do tt's scouting report as well?

the fact is nate will be on this team next year, tyrod won't. i hope they can get something for him trade wise, but if a deal can't be lined up, they won't pay the bonus. peterman as it stands right now, is the no.1 qb.

i don't know what moves will be made but tyrod will not be starting for this team next year. you guys can hate on nate all you want, but right now he's no. 1 in line.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, that’s so wrong. He certainly has minimal upside but managed games. He didn’t make mistakes, and led 2 top 10 scoring offenses. He may not be great but “worst football the league has ever seen?” Get out of here!! We have had 10+ worse QBs in the last decade. Peterman literally did something that no one has done since the merger in his 1st half!! You use hyperbole; I use facts.

What isn't hyperbolic is that Peterman is more likely to be on the Bills roster next season while Taylor will not be. The Peterman San Diego fiasco is over with and the stench from that game will not have any carry over on his future here. At best Peterman is a reasonable backup. Considering where he was drafted it was a good investment. 

The Taylor experiment has played out. He has been given three years to demonstrate what he can do. He is what he is. I don't say that dismissively or derisively. But what is evident is blatantly evident. He has had more than enough time to exhibit some progression to his game. He hasn't done it because his limitations are inherent and can't be grown out of.

The adherents of Taylor should be the strongest advocates for letting him go and giving him an opportunity for a fresh start. He is a terrific person who deserves it. And the organization for its own interests should let him go and have a clean break. Both parties in this saga need to go in a different direction and have a fresh start.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i find it unbelievable how far some of you will go to discredit and put peterman down. did you do tt's scouting report as well?

the fact is nate will be on this team next year, tyrod won't. i hope they can get something for him trade wise, but if a deal can't be lined up, they won't pay the bonus. peterman as it stands right now, is the no.1 qb.

i don't know what moves will be made but tyrod will not be starting for this team next year. you guys can hate on nate all you want, but right now he's no. 1 in line.

Tyrod came out before I was trying to evaluate.  I am not a Tyrod guy at all.  I might be the antithesis of a Tyrod guy.  I wanted to dump him for Brian Hoyer or Case Keenum and draft Deshaun Watson last offseason.  I just don't let believing Tyrod is not the answer for this team influence my view on Nate Peterman. I didn't like his chances of being a good NFL player before the draft and my mind has not changed since Buffalo picked him.  

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What isn't hyperbolic is that Peterman is more likely to be on the Bills roster next season while Taylor will not be. The Peterman San Diego fiasco is over with and the stench from that game will not have any carry over on his future here. At best Peterman is a reasonable backup. Considering where he was drafted it was a good investment. 

The Taylor experiment has played out. He has been given three years to demonstrate what he can do. He is what he is. I don't say that dismissively or derisively. But what is evident is blatantly evident. He has had more than enough time to exhibit some progression to his game. He hasn't done it because his limitations are inherent and can't be grown out of.

The adherents of Taylor should be the strongest advocates for letting him go and giving him an opportunity for a fresh start. He is a terrific person who deserves it. And the organization for its own interests should let him go and have a clean break. Both parties in this saga need to go in a different direction and have a fresh start.  

I don’t think that either of them is on the roster. Peterman’s best chance is for the Bills to land Cousins and skip a rookie in the draft. If the Bills sign a stop gap vet (like Bradford or Bridgewater) and draft a guy (maybe Rudolph) why would they carry 3? 

8 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Gunner is someone that doesn’t EXTENSIVE work scouting leading up to the draft. He has studied Peterman way more closely than you or I. His evaluation isn’t discrediting, it is informed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that either of them is on the roster. Peterman’s best chance is for the Bills to land Cousins and skip a rookie in the draft. If the Bills sign a stop gap vet (like Bradford or Bridgewater) and draft a guy (maybe Rudolph) why would they carry 3? 

It's a good question.  Especially if he was drafted for potential fit with what Dennison wanted to run.  I think the Bills would be open minded to keeping Nate and for the sake of appearances might carry him at the start of the year.  But if they go bridge vet and rookie 1st rounder I think Nate's place on the roster (and the decision to keep 3 QBs) will entirely depend on how he plays pre-season and even if he makes the 53 he wouldn't necessarily be "safe" all year because when they need an extra spot in an area he will look like a spare part. They only carried 3 QBs this year because one was a core special teamer.  

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It's a good question.  Especially if he was drafted for potential fit with what Dennison wanted to run.  I think the Bills would be open minded to keeping Nate and for the sake of appearances might carry him at the start of the year.  But if they go bridge vet and rookie 1st rounder I think Nate's place on the roster (and the decision to keep 3 QBs) will entirely depend on how he plays pre-season and even if he makes the 53 he wouldn't necessarily be "safe" all year because when they need an extra spot in an era he will look like a spare part. They only carried 3 QBs this year because one was a core special teamer.  

I agree and think that he has a chance. This holds especially true if the rookie they draft is more of a high ceiling, low floor type of guy than a more finished product. If it is a guy that they don’t think can play week 2 Peterman probably stays. If they are comfortable with that rookie playing that early the guy probably goes. This holds especially true, ironically enough, if they keep Webb. It is like having 2.5 QBs. 

Misleading thread title. "Source" makes it seem legit, so I opened it...please edit the title to reflect the truth. I'd suggest something like "Since I'm bored and 25% of y'all are suckers- Bills all in on......"

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Steptide said:

People also seem to forget that he played very well in pre season, the saints game and also the first Patriots game when Tyrod got injured. I'll even put the Colts game in there as he threw some nice passes in putrid weather.

Peterman in the first Patriots game : 6-15,  40% completion rate,  50yds,  3.3 yards per attempt,  QBR : 3.4,  Passer Rating : 49.3

I doubt if even Nate's mother would claim "he played well" in that game.

5 minutes ago, grb said:

Peterman in the first Patriots game : 6-15,  40% completion rate,  50yds,  3.3 yards per attempt,  QBR : 3.4,  Passer Rating : 49.3

Just drink a few beers and put on some rose colored goggles.  Those stats will look better then

1 minute ago, grb said:

You seem to forget his recievers were not helping him at all. He hit recievers hands and they were dropping passes. Also when the bills got down to the goal line with Peterman, they threw 3 fade passes. I assume Dennison made those calls. 

Look I'm not saying hes the answer at qb. BUT, if we had to go into the 2018 season with him as our starter I'd be OK with that (for now). A full off season and camp as the starter, plus a full year under his belt already, I think he would have a chance to be really good. I am all for drafting a qb, and drafting one high if we can trade up, but even if we get Mayfield, there's no gaurentee he's the future. He could be an absolute bust. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We had a very similar grade on him. I tend to like watching a QB all at once, in chronological order, but I had to do Peterman's in 3 different sittings. He was painful to watch and my notes started to slip into a string of expletives.

The kid didn't deserve what the team did to him against the Chargers but I've seen absolutely nothing that has changed my stance on him.

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You seem to forget his recievers were not helping him at all. He hit recievers hands and they were dropping passes. Also when the bills got down to the goal line with Peterman, they threw 3 fade passes. I assume Dennison made those calls. 

Look I'm not saying hes the answer at qb. BUT, if we had to go into the 2018 season with him as our starter I'd be OK with that (for now). A full off season and camp as the starter, plus a full year under his belt already, I think he would have a chance to be really good. I am all for drafting a qb, and drafting one high if we can trade up, but even if we get Mayfield, there's no gaurentee he's the future. He could be an absolute bust. 

Asking again, what specifically encourages you about him? What is giving you the comfort to be “okay” with him as the starting QB?

Just an FYI, Bucky Gleason who's well connected in Orchard Park circles wrote a piece on the Buffalo news today pretty much saying that reading between the lines he expects Nathan Peterman to be the starter in 2018. You have to be a paying member to read but here's the link:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/24/bucky-gleason-looking-for-bills-next-starting-qb-he-could-be-under-your-nose/

"Looking for the next starting QB? He could be right under your nose"

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You are comfortable going into the season with a 5th rounder who looked completely lost, combined with the fact he has a very limited skill set?