Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

I don't think what SP has posted is all that surprising or even particularly new.  A lot of what SP is saying seems consistent with other information, signals and action from the front office:

1.  Preston Brown will be a free agent and seems like the Bills want a middle linebacker in the mold of Luke Kuechly.  I would not be shocked if the Bills traded up if they thought they could get Roquan Smith (Georgia MLB). L. Alexander is old (still solid) and Milano may be a bit small to be an every down player.  Would not be surprising if the Bills did end up with three new starters for next season via free agency and the draft.

2.  Bills need some more talent/depth at DT, particularly if KW retires.  Would expect them to use one of the first round picks on a DT if picks are not traded.

3.  If it is true that the Bills asked KW to take a pay cut for this past season, would be not be shocking if they did not offer him much to come back for next season.

4.  TT does not seem to be in their plans.  The Bills will need a veteran QB as a starter or back-up.

5.  There were many reports that the Bills were actively shopping Glenn before the trading deadline, including having a potential deal with Seattle.  If true, then it would be no surprise if he is not on the roster to start next season.

6.  There have been other accounts/sources that have noted that the Bills really like Darnold. Same with Peterman, including that the Bills tried to replace Taylor with Peterman in season.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

I love this untapped upside stuff.   32 teams all missed his untapped upside for five rounds in the draft, and 31 have been kicking themselves since his pro debut a couple months ago.  

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

And also a late interception in a game against the Jags where he had a chance to be what the OPs username is.

whoops.... not so much... arm's too weak to make an NFL sideline throw to an open WR... happened in the Chargers game, too  :flirt: 

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

Fun fact: Archie Manning threw 5 int's in his first NFL start. Went on to have a pretty good career. The bottom line is none of us know yet what we have in NP. He's realistically a backup or QB3.  I hope we are considering Darnold over everyone else. But I don't want to give up everything for him.  I also can easily see us go after Alex Smith. Whether Savior is full of shisterdamn, I'll let you guys have fun with that. On defense we'll need LB'S & DT'S. 

I know you don't like me 26 - but just this morning on Joe Buscalia's podcast they speculated the only QB's that McD and Beane would target are Darnold and Rosen because they fit 'the process' and what they'd be looking for.

Either way I'm not saying this information is gospel. Just wanted wanted to stop by and share what I learned with fellow Bills fans, especially those who have been sending me PM's wonder where I've been lately. Been super busy but hopefully will post more soon.

If the Bills can trade up to #2 with Giants , go for it what the heck.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Fun fact: Archie Manning threw 5 int's in his first NFL start. Went on to have a pretty good career. The bottom line is none of us know yet what we have in NP. He's realistically a backup or QB3.  I hope we are considering Darnold over everyone else. But I don't want to give up everything for him.  I also can easily see us go after Alex Smith. Whether Savior is full of shisterdamn, I'll let you guys have fun with that. On defense we'll need LB'S & DT'S. 

Didn't Archie take Veronica to the prom. Or was that Betty?

...Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

First, if you have to point out that you have been in "high level business meetings" there high percentage chance that this actually means "femdom sessions with Jenny Craig dropouts"

Second,  my knee jerk reaction is to post the infamous horse gif.  After pondering it a bit, I believe this calls for something a bit more... voluminous....

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

He looked bad in the preseason and the Jags game too, and it was blatantly obvious that even if he does everything else right, the arm strength isn't there for the passes outside the hashes.

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

Brian Gaine to Houston was a "blind squirrel finds a nut" move to predict

Dunkirk Don, is that you?  You hired a proofreading grammarian!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, simool said:

First, if you have to point out that you have been in "high level business meetings" there high percentage chance that this actually means "femdom sessions with Jenny Craig dropouts"

Second,  my knee jerk reaction is to post the infamous horse gif.  After pondering it a bit, I believe this calls for something a bit more... voluminous....

tenor.gif

Damn, that's a lot of poop. 

46 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be a horrible plan for a GM who has already said his #1 job as GM is to identify and acquire a franchise QB to make the Bills a perennial playoff contender.  The OP is trolling. 

I think a worse decision would be to waste a 1st round pick on a lesser prospect like Rudolph or Jackson or Mayfield(gasp) and try to force that decision. That is actually what the Bills do ALL the time. If you cant get the guy you really like, dont force the pick.

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

The Bills and Beane have personally scouted Mason Rudolph numerous times 

whether i want him is mute...

the bills have shown an interest so you're wrong

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He looked bad in the preseason and the Jags game too, and it was blatantly obvious that even if he does everything else right, the arm strength isn't there for the passes outside the hashes.

Sorry but that's just false.

He played reasonably well (dramatically better than TT) in the one preseason game against starters (@ Ravens).  Similar to the Jags game, the Bills OL was not protecting the QB worth a damn - not coincidentally again replacing a concussed TT who couldn't move the team at all before being injured.

He only had what?  TWO PLAYS?  against the Jags - and the Bills were in a hole - the Jags knew it was all pass.  I will allow his pass to the outside was too weak, but Ramsey still had to make a miraculous play to get it.

He looked plenty good against the Colts in obviously brutal conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

And on the flipside, he came in on a 4th and 3 play against the best defense in the NFL on their home field under 2 minutes to play and converted that play regardless of the out of bounds fumble that had zero impact on the outcome of that play.

Also completed a nice pass right after and we all know the INT should not have stood.

I have no idea if your prognostications will pan out, but I do agree that the INT should have been overturned, as that ball definitely rolled on the ground as Ramsey rolled over. Also, many other teams would have been flagged for defensive pass interference there, as Ramsey got there early, and basically bumped the receiver out of the way to get to the ball....he went "through the receiver."

Would love to see Darnold in red & blue.

25 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I don't think what SP has posted is all that surprising or even particularly new.  A lot of what SP is saying seems consistent with other information, signals and action from the front office:

1.  Preston Brown will be a free agent and seems like the Bills want a middle linebacker in the mold of Luke Kuechly.  I would not be shocked if the Bills traded up if they thought they could get Roquan Smith (Georgia MLB). L. Alexander is old (still solid) and Milano may be a bit small to be an every down player.  Would not be surprising if the Bills did end up with three new starters for next season via free agency and the draft.

2.  Bills need some more talent/depth at DT, particularly if KW retires.  Would expect them to use one of the first round picks on a DT if picks are not traded.

3.  If it is true that the Bills asked KW to take a pay cut for this past season, would be not be shocking if they did not offer him much to come back for next season.

4.  TT does not seem to be in their plans.  The Bills will need a veteran QB as a starter or back-up.

5.  There were many reports that the Bills were actively shopping Glenn before the trading deadline, including having a potential deal with Seattle.  If true, then it would be no surprise if he is not on the roster to start next season.

6.  There have been other accounts/sources that have noted that the Bills really like Darnold. Same with Peterman, including that the Bills tried to replace Taylor with Peterman in season.

That's the thing.  It seems like SP combined his love for Peterman with news reports and media speculation and pretended he had inside information.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Bills and Beane have personally scouted Mason Rudolph numerous times 

whether i want him is moot...

I don't know what I think of Rudolph - lots of good in his game and physicals you like, but it scares me that he couldn't hang with Mayfield when they played at OkSU.  Not fair - it could be the teams around them, but that game made Rudolph feel a lot less "clutch" for lack of a better description.

Edited by BobChalmers

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Truth is when you scout someone hard you have more questions than answers. 

We also talked to him at the SR bowl...

if we didn't give two ***** we wouldn't talk to him ...

SaviorPeterman always throws **** at the wall too see if it sticks

2 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I think a worse decision would be to waste a 1st round pick on a lesser prospect like Rudolph or Jackson or Mayfield(gasp) and try to force that decision. That is actually what the Bills do ALL the time. If you cant get the guy you really like, dont force the pick.

No one indicated that should force a pick, but all-in on Peterman as a starter in '18 is not at all believable if they cannot acquire Darnold.  Peterman showed nothing that should merit him for consideration as the starter in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1

SaviorPeterman rises from his coma caused by Tyrod leading us to the playoffs in order to spew nonsense once more. 

As much as i would love to see what an 80 interception season would like look from a QB i'm probably fine with us moving on from Peterman as well as Tyrod for 2018.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

We also talked to him at the SR bowl...

if we didn't give two ***** we wouldn't talk to him ...

SaviorPeterman always throws **** at the wall too see if it sticks

They will do their homework on everyone, but showing more interest in a particular player probably means they aren't real high on him yet and want to see if they're missing something. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

People that are involved in high level business meetings don't call them high level business meetings.

How very true, and how very embarrassing to any poster considering himself serious. 

I highly recommend the ignore function as it can save a lot of irritation, but it does have its limitations.  For example it doesn't shield you from idiocy when others quote the "ignoree" in their posts.  

12 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

How would they think they have any chance at all getting Darnold?

If Cleveland doesn't take him or Rosen #1, it opens up a strong possibility that he's available at #4. 

If you believe in this Bulls%&*, then I have some land to sell you in the 9th ward in New Orleans next to the levy that collapsed during Hurricane  Katrina.

If the Bills are all in on Peterman and out on Baker Mayfield, then I am done as a fan of this team. BUT, I believe they will trade up and the most likely choice would be Baker as both Rosen and Darnold will be gone which will be great for us. I can't wait for him to plant the BILLS Flag at midfield in Gillette Stadium after knocking them off....

GO BILLS!!!!!