Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

https://goo.gl/images/w91vx4

14 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They will do their homework on everyone, but showing more interest in a particular player probably means they aren't real high on him yet and want to see if they're missing something. 

Obviously they will do homework. 

But Peterman said there is NO INTEREST...

Beane personally went to an Oklahoma ST game... not a USC game... that's interest , not homework 

we talked to him yesterday... that's interest 

the Bills don't scout every QB profusely...

they have ones they think can play in their offense... and ones that cannot. If you are in that cannot category at this point... there's no changing

whether SaviorPeterman likes it or not they are showing interest .

there is enough tape on Rudolph to know if you like him... and the Bills are linked to Rudolph 

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

Untapped upside... ?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!  :lol: 

1 minute ago, DE Bills Fan said:

If you believe in this Bulls%&*, then I have some land to sell you in the 9th ward in New Orleans next to the levy that collapsed during Hurricane  Katrina.

If the Bills are all in on Peterman and out on Baker Mayfield, then I am done as a fan of this team. BUT, I believe they will trade up and the most likely choice would be Baker as both Rosen and Darnold will be gone which will be great for us. I can't wait for him to plant the BILLS Flag at midfield in Gillette Stadium after knocking them off....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Some posters just get off on stirring a big pot of poop and then fanning the funky malodorous air to assault the virtual olfactories of as many members as possible.   Mission accomplished. 

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m 94% convinced that SaviorPeterman is in fact Nathan Peterman. Go home Nathan, nobody believes you..

Allegedly he's a BBMB reincarnation.

But if he is, 1) log out 2) hit the Gym, Bro 3) hit the Gym some more, Bro 4) stay up late breaking down film.  Get a football bud to ID offensive playcalls from all-22.  Get someone to write you a program that flashes coach's film from the endzone for 1.2 sec while you ID the coverage 5) Get with a WR bud and work on throws until you can reliably put them exactly where you want them - the location ID'd from all your film breakdown where the WR has a play and the DB doesn't

Can't promise all that would pay off but at least it would give you a shot here or elsewhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one indicated that should force a pick, but all-in on Peterman as a starter in '18 is not at all believable if they cannot acquire Darnold.  Peterman showed nothing that should merit him for consideration as the starter in 2018. 

Again, I don't see it as anointing Peterman the starter for 2018. I see it as they would be all in on Peterman as the guy they try to develop rather than these other 2018 draft eligible QB prospects if they cant get Darnold.

No matter who they draft or don't draft at QB this year, our 2018 starting QB is not in this draft and not on the team. So if you don't get the guy that you want, stay the course and develop Peterman and see what you can do in next year's draft.

All that said, if they love Darnold and he gets to 4, I think they'll make it happen.

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

Will you please stop with your "sauces"

Unless it is BBQ which I love with my chicken

I like that NP throws with anticipation, but he just doesnt have the arm at this stage.  Many of his throws outside were just sitting there, seemingly for hours, while the DB broke on the ball.  If NP can get more mustard on the ball, he could be good.  But average arm strength is often not overcome.  

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Again, I don't see it as anointing Peterman the starter for 2018. I see it as they would be all in on Peterman as the guy they try to develop rather than these other 2018 draft eligible QB prospects if they cant get Darnold.

No matter who they draft or don't draft at QB this year, our 2018 starting QB is not in this draft and not on the team. So if you don't get the guy that you want, stay the course and develop Peterman and see what you can do in next year's draft.

All that said, if they love Darnold and he gets to 4, I think they'll make it happen.

That would also be a mistake IMO based on what kind of prospect he is.  I don't believe he has NFL caliber talent irrespective of length of any time spent developing him.  Acquiring another prospect as a potential longer term starter is in order. 

1 minute ago, bills_fan said:

I like that NP throws with anticipation, but he just doesnt have the arm at this stage.  Many of his throws outside were just sitting there, seemingly for hours, while the DB broke on the ball.  If NP can get more mustard on the ball, he could be good.  But average arm strength is often not overcome.  

So do the opposing teams.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

How very true, and how very embarrassing to any poster considering himself serious. 

I highly recommend the ignore function as it can save a lot of irritation, but it does have its limitations.  For example it doesn't shield you from idiocy when others quote the "ignoree" in their posts.  

I've known Savior for awhile from BBMB.  It can be entertaining sometimes....

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This is 100% true, and it's very telling that when asked about TT yesterday, both Beane and McD made reference to Peterman showing good things last year.

Just goes to show where their mindset is. We know TT is long gone and I didn't need my source to tell me that. But I think a lot of Bills fans are truly misinformed about NP or simply didn't pay attention this year (other than the Chargers game which in hindsight was not nearly as bad as the performance indicated for a number of reasons).

Ummm... what???

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-5-takeaways-from-Sean-McDermotts-media-availability-at-the-Senior-Bowl/632e33c0-ef70-4b92-9a4c-d2c25ce2210c

2. NO DECISION YET ON TYROD TAYLOR’S FUTURE WITH THE BILLS
Speaking at the Senior Bowl, McDermott said several times that he, his coaching staff, and the personnel department are still very early in the evaluation stage of last year’s Bills roster. And when asked about the future of veteran QB Tyrod Taylor, the head coach says they’re still evaluating.

“I mentioned before the work ethic and intangibles that Tyrod brings to the table are very much appreciated and a big part of how we did things this year and what we were able to do,” the head coach told reporters. “I thought he did some good things. Overall, we’ll continue to evaluate where we are and what’s right for this organization.”

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would also be a mistake IMO based on what kind of prospect he is.  I don't believe he has NFL caliber talent irrespective of length of any time spent developing him.  Acquiring another prospect as a potential longer term starter is in order. 

The only hope I hold out for Peterman is if somehow they increase the ball velocity.  To have 3 INTs on bread & butter throws is career killing.

• Like (+1) 1

Whether the op is full of it or not, I'm 100% ok with starting peterman this year. We can still draft a qb too. Peterman has been here a year and has a good chance to play better than any rookie we draft (this upcoming season at least) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sign Alex Smith

Draft the Vita guy and some other enormous mountain of  man type DT back to back. DT solved for 5 seasons.

Maybe so but it leaves our biggest problem, the offense, in even worse shape than it was last year. We can't go into another season with Mills and Ducasse on the right side. I won't even bother mentioning the woeful WR and TE situation. I don't get all the mocks that have us taking DT's, LB's and CB's before addressing any of the many, many problems on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Whether the op is full of it or not, I'm 100% ok with starting peterman this year. We can still draft a qb too. Peterman has been here a year and has a good chance to play better than any rookie we draft (this upcoming season at least) 

Based on what?

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

Wow I hope that information is accurate because I agree with almost 100% of it.

I think Darnold is far and away the best QB in the draft, I like Peterman too and hope he is given a shot.  I like the idea of signing a vet like McNown and have him compete with Peterman.  I like him be he needs to earn the job.

Of the group you mentioned I wouldn't mind Mayfield but I wouldn't break the bank to get him.  I think they are all risks.

I would hate the idea of cutting Cordy Glenn, I could live with a trade. 

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

Daboll did get a LOT of production out of J. Hurts.  

But I still think there is ZERO chance the Bills do not both get a Veteran as the presumptive starter--Bradford, Smith, etc., and draft a guy.  They may not use their picks to move up, but they will def draft a QB at some point.  Perhaps Falk.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

"Sorry guys I've been involved in too many high-level business meetings to post"

Perhaps the funniest (and saddest) thing I've ever read on this forum.  :lol: 

This thread ranks up there with the TSOPRANO classic 'sources deep within' threads in regards to complete ridiculousness

Edited by Like A Mofo

16 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

But again... why? There could be 5 QBs taken in 1st rd. They are all considered better now, and with more upside, than NP. Why would they not upgrade at the most important position when they have 2 first round picks ? It makes no sense. They will sign a vet regardless, nothing to do with the draft unless it is Cousins. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

45 minutes ago, simool said:

First, if you have to point out that you have been in "high level business meetings" there high percentage chance that this actually means "femdom sessions with Jenny Craig dropouts"

Second,  my knee jerk reaction is to post the infamous horse gif.  After pondering it a bit, I believe this calls for something a bit more... voluminous....

tenor.gif

This happened to me once when I was golfing. 

Close to almost exactly.

4 minutes ago, HT02 said:

Wow I hope that information is accurate because I agree with almost 100% of it.

I think Darnold is far and away the best QB in the draft, I like Peterman too and hope he is given a shot.  I like the idea of signing a vet like McNown and have him compete with Peterman.  I like him be he needs to earn the job.

Of the group you mentioned I wouldn't mind Mayfield but I wouldn't break the bank to get him.  I think they are all risks.

I would hate the idea of cutting Cordy Glenn, I could live with a trade. 

Spit out the hook.

• Haha (+1) 1

mod·es·ty
ˈmädəstē/
noun
  1. the quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
    "with typical modesty he insisted on sharing the credit with others"
    synonyms: self-effacement, humility, unpretentiousness; 
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

But again... why? There could be 5 QBs taken in 1st rd. They are all considered better now, and with more upside, than NP. Why would they not upgrade at the most important position when they have 2 first round picks ? It makes no sense. They will sign a vet regardless, nothing to do with the draft unless it is Cousins. 

Adding Darnold or Rosen would equal upgrading the position.

Adding Mayfield or Allen at 21 upgrades the position, but they are not worth trading next year's 1st if those guys go top 10.

I'd rather try another mid round guy than take Rudolph or Jackson

I still think he goes #1 overall or in the top 3 or 5 picks which is why we realistically have no chance at him. Best QB in this draft by far and it's not even close despite all the hype around some of these other clowns like Mayfield, Allen, etc.

I love me some NP but would certainly take (Savior) Darnold. Then NP could be our Kirk Cousins and we could flip him for 1st rounder as early as next year.

Thank you.

Now you've made completely clear you're just having a laugh and trolling everyone for fun. :rolleyes:

I could believe McDermott and Beane think Peterman has more potential than most QBs in this draft. - they're in a far better position to tell than any "expert" on this board. I could also believe that a smart front office would leak [mis]information about QBs currently on the team or not, if it helped to get the person they wanted in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I've watched a lot of game film this month and came away thinking the QB the Bills have to be targeting is Darnold. I'm almost 99.9 % sure it's Darnold, I just don't know how they would get into the top 5 to get him. I'm guessing we would have to give up both 1st rd picks and our 2nd just to get into the conversation to move up to a top 5 pick.

And I would be perfectly fine doing that.  Throw in one of our 2 5ths just for good measure :flirt:

25 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Five picks in one half.  Maybe it was just a case of rookie nervousness.

Or maybe he's just that bad.  

I wouldn't be okay with Peterman as the starter.  

In his last performance as a Bill, Peterman threw a pass to the sideline on a quit out route...and now I can't remember if it was intercepted or bounced off the CB's hands...point being the throw was late and slow and it was more than obvious Peterman does NOT have the arm strength to be an NFL QB.

None of your information passes the smell test; if we end up with Darnold I won't complain.

Just a couple points of clarification in response to some posts on here:

1) I know I said Bills are 'all in', but what I mean is that if they don't get Darnold then NP is the guy they want to continue to develop, build around and presumably start in 2018 unless he's terrible or legitimately beat out by whatever journeyman vet we sign. But I do agree with the folks that he has to earn the job vs being handed to him like we have with other QB's years past. But if he continues to progress like I suspect he will he should easily beat out most veterans on the street we'd probably be interested in.

2) As far as the Bills interviewing Mason Rudolph or some of these other guys, understand that but what I meant is that there is virtually zero chance the Bills spend their 1st rounder on them. If they should fall to the 3rd/4th/5th round or somewhere around there like NP did last year obviously that might change things but at that point they'd just be another guy competing for the 3rd QB spot behind NP and whatever vet we sign.

3) For those that have PM'd me about my personal draft board: I have Darnold #1 for QB's. Rosen #2 (both top 5 picks) Also have a 2nd round grade on Josh Allen (he'l likely go much higher though), 3rd round grade on Mason Rudolph, 4th on Lamar Jackson. 6th rounder on Mayfield (going to be a huge bust mostly because he's a Manziel clone on and off the field). Sad thing is a lot of these guys will be overdrafted given how desperate a lot of teams picking in the top 15 are for a QB. Which is also why I think the Bills won't be foolish enough to make a big mistake again like they did in 2004 with Losman and 2013 with Manuel especially since the playoff drought monkey is off this regimes back and they have a potential steal in NP.

*Also a true dark horse QB to watch out for is Tanner Lee, I have a 4th round grade on him but he could go as high as 2nd round. Very similar QB to NP and coaches still covet pocket passers who thrived in pro style college offenses. Perhap's he could be our Kirk Cousins behind NP if we spend another mid round pick on a QB

Edited by SaviorPeterman

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Five picks in one half.  Maybe it was just a case of rookie nervousness.

Or maybe he's just that bad.  

I wouldn't be okay with Peterman as the starter.  

Bringing this up forever, which some fans are going to do, is not really relevant to Peterman's potential or where he stands in his career.

There are plenty of other things to criticize him about, but constantly referencing his first half of football, ever, is stupid.

I am thinking of Troy Aikman, for example, looking horrible for the first few years of his career.  The  Cowboys won very little and Aikman got killed.  No one talks about what happened in the 3rd game (or first half!) of his career..they tend to focus more on the 3 Superbowl rings and his admission to the HOF.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Just a couple points of clarification in response to some posts on here:

1) I know I said Bills are 'all in', but what I mean is that if they don't get Darnold then NP is the guy they want to continue to develop, build around and presumably start in 2018 unless he's terrible or legitimately beat out by whatever journeyman vet we sign. But I do agree with the folks that he has to earn the job vs being handed to him like we have with other QB's years past. But if he continues to progress like I suspect he will he should easily beat out most veterans on the street we'd probably be interested in.

2) As far as the Bills interviewing Mason Rudolph or some of these other guys, understand that but what I meant is that there is virtually zero chance the Bills spend their 1st rounder on them. If they should fall to the 3rd/4th/5th round or somewhere around there like NP did last year obviously that might change things but at that point they'd just be another guy competing for the 3rd QB spot behind NP and whatever vet we sign.

3) For those that have PM'd me about my personal draft board: I have Darnold #1 for QB's. Rosen #2 (both top 5 picks) Also have a 2nd round grade on Josh Allen (he'l likely go much higher though), 3rd round grade on Mason Rudolph, 4th on Lamar Jackson. 6th rounder on Mayfield (going to be a huge bust mostly because he's a Manziel clone on and off the field). Sad thing is a lot of these guys will be overdrafted given how desperate a lot of teams picking in the top 15 are for a QB. Which is also why I think the Bills won't be foolish enough to make a big mistake again like they did in 2004 with Losman and 2013 with Manuel especially since the playoff drought monkey is off this regimes back and they have a potential steal in NP.

My sources tell me Peterman won't be on the Bills roster at the end of the 2018 season and may be cut as early as this preseason. 

My sources also told me noone has any interest in your personal draft board, now if you'll all excuse me I'm heading off to an international business summit for international businessmen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Bringing this up forever, which some fans are going to do, is not really relevant to Peterman's potential or where he stands in his career.

There are plenty of other things to criticize him about, but constantly referencing his first half of football, ever, is stupid.

I am thinking of Troy Aikman, for example, looking horrible for the first few years of his career.  The  Cowboys won very little and Aikman got killed.  No one talks about what happened in the 3rd game (or first half!) of his career..they tend to focus more on the 3 Superbowl rings and his admission to the HOF.

Aikman was the first overall pick. Peterman's physical limitations had people down on him long before his interception marathon. I get your point but I think it's a bad example. Lesser talented guys get shorter leashes and deservedly so.

• Like (+1) 2