Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Sometimes people do have sources, and usually from unlikely places

I know someone who works at a local business that did a lot of business with a former bills RB who was VERY unhappy about leaving and going to another team. He loved it here, wanted to stay here and was extremely upset the team let him go. The move was also totally dumb as he has ridden the pine all season.

No link though.

My source (for this info) is a college scout in the Houston area who also does some work with the Texans even though he's not an official employee of theirs. He wouldn't confirm this with me but he knows Brian Gaine personally and obviously he was privvy to the Bills offseason plans before he left to become the Texans GM a few weeks ago. So there's a strong chance all of this is directly from a recently Bills front office employee making it very good intel.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

give me a link to where he said the bolded. I want to see his quote saying they struck gold with NP and he's in love with him. if you can not produce (although myself and everyone here know you're full of ****) a link then you are blatantly lying and nothing more than a glorified troll.

got a link?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm also heard from various people that the Bills love Peterman. Everybody should be suspicious since the Dunkirk Don thing, but I do believe he did have a source which he used for selfish gain rather than telling the whole truth.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Peterman does show flashes. Darnold would be incredible if we get him. I'm all in for trading up. Especially if Allen rises up the board and Darnold drops a little. 

• Like (+1) 1

I do buy that they do believe in Peterman and I could see this as a possible outcome if:

They can't trade up. 

They can't get someone better than him in free agency or trade. 

They don't like the second tier QBs, Rudolph, Falk etc more than Peterman. 

I could see them bringing in a young vet who never had a shot before like Tyler Bray to compete with him, realistically expecting Peterman to win the job. They do like Peterman, otherwise they would not have made the move to him in San Diego. 

I do think this is a possible outcome if they don't like the QBs in this draft relative to where they pick. They aren't going to force it, and after that top tier are any of those guys really better than the guy they already have? I'm not so sure. I don't think the outcome is very likely, but I do think it is possible. 

16 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

What about AJ McCarron?

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

Not happening. This contradicts everything they've been saying since the end of the season. 

Peterman is more likely to be fighting for a job than he is for the starting position. 

Beane specifically stated his job is to find a franchise QB.  Meaning that they don't have one yet on the roster....which includes Peterman.

2 minutes ago, musichunch said:

I'm also heard from various people that the Bills love Peterman. Everybody should be suspicious since the Dunkirk Don thing, but I do believe he did have a source which he used for selfish gain rather than telling the whole truth.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Peterman does show flashes. Darnold would be incredible if we get him. I'm all in for trading up. Especially if Allen rises up the board and Darnold drops a little. 

This is 100% true, and it's very telling that when asked about TT yesterday, both Beane and McD made reference to Peterman showing good things last year.

Just goes to show where their mindset is. We know TT is long gone and I didn't need my source to tell me that. But I think a lot of Bills fans are truly misinformed about NP or simply didn't pay attention this year (other than the Chargers game which in hindsight was not nearly as bad as the performance indicated for a number of reasons).

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

This is 100% true, and it's very telling that when asked about TT yesterday, both Beane and McD made reference to Peterman showing good things last year.

Just goes to show where their mindset is. We know TT is long gone and I didn't need my source to tell me that. But I think a lot of Bills fans are truly misinformed about NP or simply didn't pay attention this year (other than the Chargers game which in hindsight was not nearly as bad as the performance indicated for a number of reasons).

I watched him pretty closely. He came in late in the playoff game too. He bobbled a snap, fumbled on a run, took an intentional grounding penalty and then got picked. He was great other than that. I wish more people paid attention to how great he was when given the chance!! The guy completed almost half of his pass attempts. We need to build around him!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

But where's the stadium being built?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

Also this is from the same source that broke the Brian Gaine story I posted here a while back (search the forum for proof).

Regardless, I'm confident in my sources and most or all of this information coming to fruition in the coming weeks and months.

savior...come on.  you know i don't hate on you as much as others, but we've been hearing about these sources for years.  once once has one ever worked out that i can remember.  either there are no sources, or your sources are absolutely terrible.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My gut feeling was the Bills would like Darnold and not really anyone else. At least not enough to trade up for.

I still think he goes #1 overall or in the top 3 or 5 picks which is why we realistically have no chance at him. Best QB in this draft by far and it's not even close despite all the hype around some of these other clowns like Mayfield, Allen, etc.

I love me some NP but would certainly take (Savior) Darnold. Then NP could be our Kirk Cousins and we could flip him for 1st rounder as early as next year.

I didn't forget Nate Peterman. I don't think he got a fair shot. He was thrown in to a tough learning situation. The offence was trash and the OC has been fired. I myself would like to see a little more before I turn sour on him. 

Hopefully he learned a few things from the disasters he's experienced. I can also agree that I don't see the Bills going all in on one player and calling it a team building experience.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Please stop with the Gaine nonsense.  He had the job the minute the old GM went on leave.

Everything else is BS.  The Bills haven't even talked to these kids yet.

Releasing Glenn would cost over 11 million in dead cap and another 6.4 the following year.  We already have a dead cap of 14.2 for Dareus.  Sorry but we are not having 25 million in dead cap for two players not even on the roster especially when Glenn is a good player with ZERO attitude problems.  If this regime is going to cut every player that gets hurt, good luck lasting in this league.

Come on man. I don't even dislike you as much as a lot of people here but this is a LAMP and is ridiculous.

1. I don't believe for one second what you are saying is true

2. If you were in "high level business meetings", you would have no stated that it was "high level".

10 minutes ago, musichunch said:

Shows flashes? What exactly has he shown? The odd time he wont throw an interception, maybe?

16 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

Nothing against peterman but he only completed 1 pass against jacksonville, that qualifies as impressive?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I watched him pretty closely. He came in late in the playoff game too. He bobbled a snap, fumbled on a run, took an intentional grounding penalty and then got picked. He was great other than that. I wish more people paid attention to how great he was when given the chance!! The guy completed almost half of his pass attempts. We need to build around him!!

And on the flipside, he came in on a 4th and 3 play against the best defense in the NFL on their home field under 2 minutes to play and converted that play regardless of the out of bounds fumble that had zero impact on the outcome of that play.

Also completed a nice pass right after and we all know the INT should not have stood.

And for everybody that keeps looking at the Chargers game, what about the Colts game? We don't win that one without Peterman especially if Joe Webb was the starter from the opening snap. Which means we don't make the playoffs either.

Bottom line is I trust professionals opinions on NP, both inside and outside Buffalo, who are still very high on NP and see his long term franchise QB potential.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me...

Saw the OP Screen Name, got this far, stopped reading.

Enough of the "inside source" threads. It's Buffalo. We ALL know someone who works at OBD. Heck, I used to be there a few times a month with my old job.

1 minute ago, Pbomb said:

Nothing against peterman but he only completed 1 pass against jacksonville, that qualifies as impressive?

Converted a 4th and 3 with his legs on the first play he entered the game. INT should not have counted either and it was another deflection anyway because the WR's weren't used to catching such high velocity throws from an NFL caliber QB.

And despite McD being in over his head against a vastly superior Jags coaching staff and team, NP almost tied the game. Still think we would have won with him starting.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Converted a 4th and 3 with his legs on the first play he entered the game. INT should not have counted either and it was another deflection anyway because the WR's weren't used to catching such high velocity throws from an NFL caliber QB.

And despite McD being in over his head against a vastly superior Jags coaching staff and team, NP almost tied the game. Still think we would have won with him starting.

:wacko:   Man talk about delusions.  This Peterman love is worse than BillsFan4Ever's mysterious infatuation with EJ a few season's back.

Edited by prissythecat

40 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

Even if this source 1) exists and 2) is giving you accurate info in between your high level business meetings, what you state you were told and what you State in the thread title are two different things. Nothing about what you were told insinuates they are “all in on Peterman unless they get Darnold.”  That is all in your imagination. He will be on the roster, yes. He will be one of 2 or 3 QBs on the roster. That’s about all that was given to you in what your post says. We already knew that. The rest is your own idealistic scenario ...I.e. your next paragraph that starts with “To me, it makes sense because... “

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

This actually makes sense to me. 

It's Darnold or Rosen or nothing in this draft IMO.

They are absolutely going to sign/trade for a veteran starter/bridge QB regardless of what they do in the draft. They like obviously like Peterman.

As for your source, I don't know, but I do know that some people have inside info.

I've watched a lot of game film this month and came away thinking the QB the Bills have to be targeting is Darnold. I'm almost 99.9 % sure it's Darnold, I just don't know how they would get into the top 5 to get him. I'm guessing we would have to give up both 1st rd picks and our 2nd just to get into the conversation to move up to a top 5 pick.

30 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

Also this is from the same source that broke the Brian Gaine story I posted here a while back (search the forum for proof).

Regardless, I'm confident in my sources and most or all of this information coming to fruition in the coming weeks and months.

I know you don't like me 26 - but just this morning on Joe Buscalia's podcast they speculated the only QB's that McD and Beane would target are Darnold and Rosen because they fit 'the process' and what they'd be looking for.

Either way I'm not saying this information is gospel. Just wanted wanted to stop by and share what I learned with fellow Bills fans, especially those who have been sending me PM's wonder where I've been lately. Been super busy but hopefully will post more soon.

Like I’ve stated, I actually live out west and know the same sources as you. 

They have told me in confidence that they give you fake info so you can blab about it on the many message boards you frequent.

In fact, one of the guys calls you SaviorPeedonman. Man do we share laughs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Love Darnold.

They're Stupid for  not liking Mayfield.

Peterman Is Not Philip Rivers with more upside.

We are not replacing all 3 LBs.

They want Kyle back and have said so a million times. Hes coming back.