Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think that's the right pick for the Jets long term. My #10 overall player. HOWEVER, he can only play LT IMO. So how does he get on the field this year if Tyron Smith is healthy? It seems odd to spend your first rounder in an all or nothing win or bust year for your GM, HC and QB on a guy who might not get on the field. 

Tyron missed quite a few games the last few years, so even if he starts Week 1 doesn't mean he starts Weeks 2-18.

29 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Get used to disappointment 

and Bears too him.  Awesome.  Lets draft a bunch of good but not m great players and get bounced in divisional round.

Or trade up for Bowers. 3 TE sets or Kincaid and Bowers.  

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

This place is going to go bananas when we trade up for Chop :lol:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade up for Turner or Verse. Everyone would assume it’s for a WR then be pissed when it wasn’t. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that's the right pick for the Jets long term. My #10 overall player. HOWEVER, he can only play LT IMO. So how does he get on the field this year if Tyron Smith is healthy? It seems odd to spend your first rounder in an all or nothing win or bust year for your GM, HC and QB on a guy who might not get on the field. 

It's the Jets baby!! What do you expect?

Honest question how can a LT not play RT? I see it the other way but makes no sense a LT can't play on the right side.

9 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Well, at this point, I am hoping that the Bills are going to go with my second option in working to trade up from 60 back into the lower 30s and double dip.  Give me Legette and one of the other guys rated in the same area - Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, etc. While Odunze would have been nice, I truly think Legette could be a very similar player in the long run.  The AJ Brown comparisons for him are real and I now want him.

Some of the players we all just watched get picked are going to flat out suck. Hitting high draft picks should be easy but every year it isn’t.

I’d love the WR double dip but I’d be shocked if they didn’t take a DB under that scenario.

• Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Tyron missed quite a few games the last few years, so even if he starts Week 1 doesn't mean he starts Weeks 2-18.

I get that.... but the point stands. It is win or go home for everyone at the top of the Jets. 

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Penix pick by Atlanta still has me baffled two picks later. 

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

It was the right move. Did anyone think Cousins was going to get them anything but a string of 9 win seasons? This gives them a QB to groom before Cousins flames out. QB purgatory is real. This was probably there best chance of getting a top 10 pick for awhile. 

I mean jets only have to wait till week 4 or 6 before Tyron is out for the year. If not, then yeah it is a very expensive insurance policy. But their season and maybe a division title rides on Aaron being healthy and having a chip on his shoulder.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sven233 said:

Would have hated Odunze or Bowers more.  Lineman are lineman.  Important, but nobody will ever go into a game fearing a lineman.

I agree. The Jets have already beefed up their O-line in FA (on paper, anyway). I have to wonder if Rodgers isn't a part of this pick?

1 minute ago, gtw3 said:

Usually will never hate on a Offensive Linemen getting picked, unless it's Cole Strange.  I am just surprised because it seemed like Bowers was such an obvious pick for the Jets there.

I don’t know if you caught it but they got Rodgers killed last year 

he can throw to who they have 

• Agree 1

Just now, Bruffalo said:

This player profile of McCarthy makes me actively dislike him. 

Sorry, I don't buy it.

They showed college highlights of him and he just looks so small out there. And that's playing next to college players. He'll look like a make a wish kid in the NFL.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Trade for kirk! 

😂

I was curious and went to Spotrac and that guy has made over $230M in his career for being as good as Kirk Cousins.

Just now, HappyDays said:

11 picks in a row with no defensive players. The previous record was 7. That's where the league is now.

To be fair, the offensive talent is WAY better at the top this year.

I wouldn't come to any conclusion beyond that.  

QBs and OTs are always top of draft, difference this year is that the best pass rusher and best CB are ranked in the teens.

Feeling like the Seahawks at 16 is really in play here. 

If they go to 16 for Brian Thomas Jr giving up the 2nd they got from Minny in the Diggs trade, they can still come back next year with full draft capital and swing again for a WR if he doesn’t work out

• Vomit 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I get that.... but the point stands. It is win or go home for everyone at the top of the Jets. 

and if Rodgers gets hurt again they for sure going home. As I can't see Tyrod doing anything if asked to start more than 2 games in a season.

Just now, Bookie Man said:

Creeping Oh Yeah GIF by Domino’s UK and ROI

McD seeing all these defensive players on the board.

I'm mentally prepared for it.  My emotions are going to do the talking when he goes DE later on tonight...  That and the alcohol.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question how can a LT not play RT? I see it the other way but makes no sense a LT can't play on the right side.

Everyone has a dominant side. It's more pronounced for some people than others. It is about your push off and your balance. Ever done body weight stuff in the gym off one leg? Is it easier one side than the other? I think Fashanu is pure LT. 

it is an expensive insurance policy. They need a good o-line for the entire season to keep Rodgers healthy. He’s never really played with a bad o-line until last year and his season lasted 4 plays with that bad o-line. 

Just now, Saint Doug said:

It was the right move. Did anyone think Cousins was going to get them anything but a string of 9 win seasons? This gives them a QB to groom before Cousins flames out. QB purgatory is real. This was probably there best chance of getting a top 10 pick for awhile. 

Give a QB $100M gtd, then draft a QB @ #8. Oh yeah, totally the right move :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

That's the spirit.

sorry let me rephrase that and get ready to post later: “[guy Bills pick] is clearly an upgrade over Diggs and instantly top 10 in league, while Reid and Mahomes will be clueless how to use [guy KC picks] and he will probably bust”

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Feeling like the Seahawks at 16 is really in play here. 

If they go to 16 for Brian Thomas Jr giving up the 2nd they got from Minny in the Diggs trade, they can still come back next year with full draft capital and swing again for a WR if he doesn’t work out

I think we have Worthy ranked higher than BTJ

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If they go to 16 for Brian Thomas Jr giving up the 2nd they got from Minny in the Diggs trade,

Wouldn't it take a lot more than that for a team to drop that far?