Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, iccrewman112 said:

im thinking Brian Thomas jr must have some medical issues for everyone to pass.

He does.  Shoulder issue that will need to be managed year 1.  Considered minor though 

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bills needs to take Cooper Dejean and then double dip on WR with their next two picks. Nobody knows who of the next 10 WR's to go off the board who will be a hit.

Only if they trade up into the top of the 2nd. You're not getting a future 1 at 60

I think Jax takes a WR here.  They could definitely use a CB, but they have their pick of WRs here. 

And Dallas is definitely another likely WR spot.  As close as we are, I am not going to get excited yet because we could easily see 2-3 WRs come off the board before we pick between these teams and a team that could potentially trade ahead of us.

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Not. A. Finisher.

Epenesa was probably meant to be 3-4 5t DE in the NFL. He could have kept his weight and worked on getting even stronger and stouter. Solid 2-gap edge-setter at his length and strength. (Not at ALL how the Bills projected him, of course.) 

I.e., wasn't meant to be a "Finisher" so much as a guy who re-establishes the LOS in favor of the defense.

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm thankful the Phish took a guy who has all kinds of workout warrior traits, but wasn't even the most productive DE on his team. Saves us from even having the opportunity to be that stupid. 

Yeah I'm more referring to them taking a position that made more sense than anything else.