If you had the chance to work for the Bills, would you choose to be a player, coach or front office?

If you could work for the Bills, would you choose to be a player, coach, or front office?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. You get to work for the Bills! What would be your dream role?

• Player
    • Coach
    • Front Office

46 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Front office. I could do that job forever.

Player. Could then transition to coach. Could then transition to front office. Forever.

Surprised how many are not choosing player. I mean, in this hypothetical scenario where we have all the skills to competently work any of these roles... I'm playing the game first.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

FO techie job gathering and analyzing data.  Since I'm comfortably retired, I would do it for a pair of season tix equivalent to the current club level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

FO techie job gathering and analyzing data.  Since I'm comfortably retired, I would do it for a pair of season tix equivalent to the current club level.

I’m with you - no job, no kids, no clock, no worries! 

51 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Player. Could then transition to coach. Could then transition to front office. Forever.

Surprised how many are not choosing player. I mean, in this hypothetical scenario where we have all the skills to competently work any of these roles... I'm playing the game first.

I think choosing two is cheating. I’d take the long career. Most players’ careers are very short. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I chose front office.

I'd like my braincells in tact for my office job. I don't want to be headlining CTESPN 2 on X.

• Haha (+1) 3

Coach all day. If I didn't have a family I would give up my high school teaching and coaching job to try to climb the ladder and be an OL coach. I love analyzing and correcting OL technique and just based on going to a number of clinics and chalk talks over the years, I feel like I know as much as a lot of the college and NFL Oline coaches out there. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I would choose coaching as I find joy and fun in giving back. Though, the only thing I would be probably qualified to help teach would be stretching on the athletic side and financial planning and principles as a workshop at those rookie symposiums.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted Front Office but I'd really liked to have been a player but then I don't want to be a physical wreck by age 40.

Those guys really do sacrifice their bodies. Remember Eral Campbell, the Oilers' monster running back? He ran over not around people.

I don't think he was ever seriously injured in his playing days but by age 45 he was a physical wreck. He uses a wheelchair now.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

A Buffalo Jill??

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I voted Front Office but I'd really liked to have been a player but then I don't want to be a physical wreck by age 40.

Those guys really do sacrifice their bodies. Remember Eral Campbell, the Oilers' monster running back? He ran over not around people.

I don't think he was ever seriously injured in his playing days but by age 45 he was a physical wreck. He uses a wheelchair now.

I've always been a Bills fan, but bought a #34 Oilers jersey  because of him as a kid. 

He was brutal, humble & awesome! 

I chose “player” specifically back up QB, getting paid a million or more annually for five plus years, and then retire with my body and brain intact, quality gig imo.  

I'd have to go with Director of scouting. I'd love to assemble and manage the scout team. I wouldn't have to deal with the rigorous travel of the road scouts but also have the luxury of traveling more at my leisure and checking out marquee matchups in person.

• Like (+1) 1

I always wanted to play for them. Being a local, making the team in any capacity would make me a local hero. Making plays on the field would make me a local legend. Beyond that I'd probably get a statue lol. 

Then coach for the team or move into the front office

• Like (+1) 1

100% front office. The NFL is ultimately about building the right team within the confines of the salary cap / FA etc. I think the different team building strategies are now more fascinating than the different offensive and defensive strategies where to be honest innovation is harder to see and every scheme has been done before. 

I'd want to be the IT guy.

They know everything going on behind the scenes before anyone else. If you get to work Monday morning and are unable to login...uh-oh!

Then you think back on it and realize upper management was forcing purse-lipped smiles and avoiding eye contact with you on Thursday and Friday.  

That should have been the clue that working on your résumé over the weekend could have been a good idea.🙂