T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI

I'm posting this because I've seen a lot of people peg him as a Bills target in the 2nd round, although I never thought he would make it to our pick. With this news it's possible he falls down the board.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That’s terrible timing for him, and you have to hope that is a very isolated incident. It’s always dumb, but right now???

EDIT: I worked with a guy who went to UGA and went back to Athens, GA to be in his buddies wedding. The groom got a DUI going 2-3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. That would be another example of bad timing! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm posting this because I've seen a lot of people peg him as a Bills target in the 2nd round, although I never thought he would make it to our pick. With this news it's possible he falls down the board.

He might fall down the board a bit, but that's the kind of things the Bills shy away from.  No chance now.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've wanted this guy the whole draft process. This COULD be what gets him to slide to pick 69. This could also be a reason Beane takes him off the Bills board completely.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

I've wanted this guy the whole draft process. This COULD be what gets him to slide to pick 69. This could also be a reason Beane takes him off the Bills board completely.

I really want him.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good

Hope he drops to the third  or fourth.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, TPS said:

He might fall down the board a bit, but that's the kind of things the Bills shy away from.  No chance now.

I think when you're a team like the Bills picking late year after year you have to be willing to take advantage of opportunities like this, where say the 40th ranked player on your board is available at pick 60 because of one really stupid mistake. Obviously you have to do a deep dive into the person and make sure it is in fact just one mistake, not part of a larger pattern.

Who knows, maybe he even drops all the way to day three. He isn't an elite prospect. Some teams might drop him off their board entirely and decide the risk isn't worth the player. I personally would not go that far unless I uncovered a pattern of behavior.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Disagree

Depending.

The circumstances of the arrest. the degree of intoxication. and yea , does the kid have any history of irresponsibility

I just can t say Bills will now look away. Expecting them look deeper into him.

He could be a great fit behind DQ and take over that role soon.

Could actually be  effective year one in that McD rotation. imho

6 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Andy Reid is sending his son to consult with Sweat, now, about trying to drop further, so they don't even need to spend assets on him. Inhumane behavior, but #typical from KC...

I think his son is still on house arrest with an ankle monitor, so Good Luck With That

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Was he speeding? If so he's a future Dolphin for sure

McBeanes tolerates.

But Speeding ? I think not. red flag , or black flag and disqualified lol

we all have a redline (see what i did there ?)

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

EDIT: I worked with a guy who went to UGA and went back to Athens, GA to be in his buddies wedding. The groom got a DUI going 2-3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. That would be another example of bad timing! .

In his defense they were stopping every car on that sidewalk, and that ain't legal.

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think his son is still on house arrest with an ankle monitor, so Good Luck With That

He got pardoned by the Governor, so I don't think so.

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder how much it takes for that dude to get drunk. 

If it's in direct proportion to what Jim Lahey could hold, you're going to need Punching Bag's special reserve he was gifted. 🤔

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It will depend on the circumstance…everyone makes mistakes…question will be if it’s a pattern…

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It will depend on the circumstance…everyone makes mistakes…question will be if it’s a pattern…

I've never had the opportunity to sit in an interview with the kid. I've never hired anyone to look into his past. I've never had dinner with him.

That said, being he's a complete stranger I cannot with factual information say if this is a one time mistake or a pattern of behavior behind the curtain. What I can say is that lack of restraint leading up to one of his most important days of his life shows poor judgement. It makes one wonder if this is how he's behaving with the Draft just ahead of him...how does he act when he's here and has "made it"? Would obviously be a situation to dig into his background....but it's a horrible look for him.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I've never had the opportunity to sit in an interview with the kid. I've never hired anyone to look into his past. I've never had dinner with him.

That said, being he's a complete stranger I cannot with factual information say if this is a one time mistake or a pattern of behavior behind the curtain. What I can say is that lack of restraint leading up to one of his most important days of his life shows poor judgement. It makes one wonder if this is how he's behaving with the Draft just ahead of him...how does he act when he's here and has "made it"? Would obviously be a situation to dig into his background....but it's a horrible look for him.

would fit perfectly with our 90’s Bills teams partying right before the SB

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Beane must have leaked it. Funny thing is it’s likely BS. There’s no amount of alcohol in the state of Texas that could get that monster drunk. 

Need Henry Ruggs to do a scared straight program. Don't have to look far back to see examples of situations you dont want to be in but roll the dice on. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That’s terrible timing for him, and you have to hope that is a very isolated incident. It’s always dumb, but right now???

EDIT: I worked with a guy who went to UGA and went back to Athens, GA to be in his buddies wedding. The groom got a DUI going 2-3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. That would be another example of bad timing! 

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think when you're a team like the Bills picking late year after year you have to be willing to take advantage of opportunities like this, where say the 40th ranked player on your board is available at pick 60 because of one really stupid mistake. Obviously you have to do a deep dive into the person and make sure it is in fact just one mistake, not part of a larger pattern.

Who knows, maybe he even drops all the way to day three. He isn't an elite prospect. Some teams might drop him off their board entirely and decide the risk isn't worth the player. I personally would not go that far unless I uncovered a pattern of behavior.

There is zero reason to believe this kid got busted the only time he's ever driven drunk.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Need Henry Ruggs to do a scared straight program. Don't have to look far back to see examples of situations you dont want to be in but roll the dice on. 

Ruggs still probably thinks he didn’t do anything wrong.