Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Diggs gave us a lot of great moments. I think my favorite is that catch vs the Lions in the come from behind win.

I will not miss force feeding him a WR screen that gets dropped anyway. Onward and upward!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

LOL, now the primary reason why we haven't done better in the playoffs is Diggs' fault.  

LMAO 

I must've missed the explanation of why they lied to us for the past year.  

That's not at all what Brandt said. 

He's part of a team that didn't step up around JA when it mattered.  ....and now a lot of them are gone.  

JA didn't have it against Cinci in the Hamlin aftermath, but for the most part he elevates his game when it matters.  Diggs has not. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills saying we aren't a good enough team this year, see you next year

Nah. I believe it's more they finally realized that the old "run it back, we're close" just wasn't working. Let's see what they do from now to week 1, though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Reposting this because it's going to get lost in the thread:

The Bills kept the issues under wraps for the most part. But anyone who knew someone close to the team was aware of his constant distractions, both in public and behind the scenes.

Yeah that’s crazy, but I am not shocked. 

Gave it a B. I think Beane did very well to get Minnesota’s 2025 2nd round pick. That team has talent, but no QB. Barring another move they will be rolling with Sam Darnold or a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, BritishBill said:

Sad end to his time at the Bills. Hoping we fail forward here and come out somehow better for it.

When the Vikings moved on from Diggs they ended up with Justin Jefferson. Even someone half as good as him would make it palatable.

Not confident it'll be that way though

and now Minnesota gets the better deal with Diggs again

14 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We have truly reached a trust the process moment with Beane and McDermott I have a hard time doing this but we are getting absolutely trashed in the national media over this trade right now. They must have some other move in mind cause if they’ve done this at face value man this Is rough. 

The media loves to praise teams on the way up and bash those on the way up.

Texans are ascending

Bills look at best from the outside to be treading water or in decline. We know the players that Beane got rid of were all replaceable. But when you lose both safeties, your center, and your #1 WR it looks really bad. 

The trade sucks. 

The media knows McDermott is a joke too. They know he cost us a SuperBowl. They know he can't beat Reid in the playoffs. They love Ryans right now. 

The only thing that reverses the narrative is winning the SuperBowl. Until then all we are is a team wasting a HOF QB, just like the Chargers with Rivers, the Dolphins with Marino, and Elway with Reeves. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think each pass that someone not named diggs catches cuts into diggs’ personal motivation a small percentage lol it’s gonna happen pretty quickly in Houston 

In public statements though he’ll be a good teammate to try to disprove the diva label but over time that will fall by the wayside too 

Diggs was a better teammate this year than I thought he would be. He had some outbursts in the past. But I also think part of that was him being a good soldier to get out. 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

https://theathletic.com/5385582/2024/04/03/stefon-diggs-trade-texans-bills/

I’m competently shocked.  Doesn’t feel legit.  

So Shakir to Diggs’ spot, Samuel to the slot.  1st rd pick to replace Davis?  

I think the hope is for the offense to be more in line with the the old NE and current KC offenses that feature the TE, pass catching RB's, and slot receivers. 

That said, I think they want Shakir on the outside, but I won't be shocked if he takes over for Samuel inside. I am pretty high on KS. 

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Sorry, haven’t read through the entire thread yet.  Did Andre have something to say about Diggs recently?

Andre voiced his opinion (through his old friend, me) about a post here claiming that Diggs was the best WR in Bills history.  Needless to say, Andre didn't agree.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

PRETTY PLEASE!   I love Nabers a bit more, but splitting hairs here.  Plus, I think Nabors has a better shot at lasting until pick 6 (Giants).

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl because of their defense. Mahomes did not deserve that MVP. Do I have confidence that Beane and Mcdermott can duplicate that, no.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

A because I think behind the scenes Diggs has been just as much of a cancer as he was in Minnesota (as I’ve said I suspected for about a year now) AND he had a sharp decline in production. A day 2 pick from a bad Minnesota team is an absolute W.

The extension gets an F-, the trade gets an A.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Reposting this because it's going to get lost in the thread:

The Bills kept the issues under wraps for the most part. But anyone who knew someone close to the team was aware of his constant distractions, both in public and behind the scenes.

As I posted earlier, this has been going on for more than just this season. They knew there was going to be problems. Why give him a new 4 year contract and rework it only to move him a year into said contract. As well as add in dead cap. Why not move on from him before all of this?

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

here is an outside the box idea.

28 and next years 1 to Dallas for CeeDee Lamb.  Dallas has been dropping hints at not wanting to sign him long term with a possible rebuild next year with a new staff.

He is a do everything wr, extremely arrogant but he plays all the spots, is a YAC guy .....but he needs a monster contract.  A rookie allows them to next year spend money on defense.

They need to take the 1st on WR for the low cap hit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I bet they are trading up into the top 10 to get one of the big 3.

From your mouth to God’s ears 🙏🏻 !! 

• Like (+1) 1

The more I sit here the more I am happy riding out the WR with a pick at 28. Draft OL, DL, LB, and S... Retool this year.

Next year in a healthy cap, 2 picks inside 40, another at 55-65ish we can move up if we want or draft 2 more WRs and more firepower.

Stay at 28. For the love of God. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah that’s crazy, but I am not shocked. 

Hilariously, we scored a TD on that first drive out of halftime while Diggs watched from the sidelines. We dialed up a deep shot to him on the first play of the next drive to try and get his head back in the game, but Allen overthrew him.

• Like (+1) 2

Here's what should have happened.....

We should have drafted a young WR around the same time as we drafted JA.....let them both develop and grow together, but instead, we get an older WR stuck in his ways, physical and mental attitude wise and we're shocked the team wants to let him go after 4 years?!?

Like, come on........that JJ trade that should have happened is looking better and better.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don’t understand why we waited this long if the situation was so dire.  The return is bad by any objective measure.  We actually gave up more to give up a wr1 declining receiver and for little return.  If the relationship was unmanageable they should have known that months ago.  

Some folks are poo pooing the 2025 2nd round pick but if you combine it with the Bills #28 pick this year it could enable them to move up in the 1st round or add it to this years #2 pick and maybe jump back into the 1st round.

And since it's actually the Vikings 2nd round pick it should be pretty high as Minnesota is looking to have a down season this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He's part of a team that didn't step up around JA when it mattered.  ....and now a lot of them are gone.  

JA didn't have it against Cinci in the Hamlin aftermath, but for the most part he elevates his game when it matters.  Diggs has not. 

Right, who isn't included in why we haven't won in the playoffs?  

Someone with a suit of teflon.  

And naturally, it has nothing to do with him despite the fact that in the playoffs the past three seasons we've averaged 31 PPG, more than just about every other team, and have scored 31+ in four of those six.  

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Which is what?  We can win w a couple rookies?  

We’re we winning with Diggs with his last two seasons playoff performances? 

I mean really, it was time, especially with the abundance of WR talent available.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Andre voiced his opinion (through his old friend, me) about a post here claiming that Diggs was the best WR in Bills history.  Needless to say, Andre didn't agree.

The value of what we received for Diggs might be the best measure of his real value

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

As I posted earlier, this has been going on for more than just this season. They knew there was going to be problems. Why give him a new 4 year contract and rework it only to move him a year into said contract. As well as add in dead cap. Why not move on from him before all of this?

Why? Because they aren't as smart as some would like to think.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh come on. The defense is the cause of the loss to Chiefs x 2 and the Texans.  It was not Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

The more I sit here the more I am happy riding out the WR with a pick at 28. Draft OL, DL, LB, and S... Retool this year.

Next year in a healthy cap, 2 picks inside 40, another at 55-65ish we can move up if we want or draft 2 more WRs and more firepower.

Stay at 28. For the love of God. 

No go get a top WR in this year’s draft and stop playing 

1 minute ago, cgang said:

Don’t understand why we waited this long if the situation was so dire.  The return is bad by any objective measure.  We actually gave up more to give up a wr1 declining receiver and for little return.  If the relationship was unmanageable they should have known that months ago.  

A likely top 40 pick next year isn’t “little” return for an aging player 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I remember when Jerry Rice was asked who the best receiver in the NFL was in the early 90s, he replied Andre Reed is 1 and i'm 1A!

Thanks for the reply, great speed, hands, a big heart, clutch player, never a malcontent, and consistent for over ten years!