Diggs traded to Texans for picks

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Tyreek Hill was worth 2x 1sts. Diggs is worth a 2025 2nd? Ouch

Eh. Tyreek is more valuable IMO. Definitely thought they’d at least get a first or second without giving up anything other than Diggs. 

Surprised it wasn’t a straight trade. 

Worst part about it all is you’ve just given a second year QB, in the same conference, who blew the doors off the league a valuable weapon underneath… Texans will be a problem this season unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Why would we not wait until after June 1st to lessen the blow if there was no picks we were getting in this draft?  That makes no sense to me

Cant the Texans take on a bunch of that cap? Probably why we're sending so many picks with him just for a 2025 2nd.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Jerboski said:

I’m glad he is gone bur damn beane got fleeced 

Depends if Diggs was injured down the stretch, or if his game truly dropped off.  

He's on wrong side of 30 and once the decline starts, it usually goes fast.  I think Stef will have 2 solid seasons, it's fair comp IMO (also considering his contract)

The thing that people always fail to understand is that when a player is on a bad/expensive contract, it always factors into the value you get back in a trade.

That's certainly what happened here.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So let me get this straight...

We got a 2nd round pick(the Vikings) and traded Diggs, a 4th rounder this year and a 5th rounder next year? AND just took a $31 million cap hit this year too?

Are you fvcking kidding me?? Where is the money coming from to do this?

Now we are like $25 million over the cap again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Cant the Texans take on a bunch of that cap? Probably why we're sending so many picks with him just for a 2025 2nd.

I don’t know, but hope that’s the case

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha all good.  I mean the cap hit on this gross, really surprised they did pulled the trigger this year, it makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes that is gonna come out after the fact.

Stephen A said he knows for a fact Diggs wanted out.

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

I’m glad he is gone bur damn beane got fleeced 

No he didnt. Sam Darnold or JJ McCarthy is starting for the Vikings. He’s getting essentially a very early 2nd rounder for a 30 year old declining WR who is a pain in the ass 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Depends if Diggs was injured down the stretch, or if his game truly dropped off.  

He's on wrong side of 30 and once the decline starts, it usually goes fast.  I think Stef will have 2 solid seasons, it's fair comp IMO (also considering his contract)

I thought for sure he was hurt....

but he participated in all the pro bowl stuff

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha all good.  I mean the cap hit on this gross, really surprised they did pulled the trigger this year, it makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes that is gonna come out after the fact.

or maybe trading him a year too soon instead of a year too late?

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs didn't seem fully integral to Brady's game plan last season. Doesn't feel like he needs a superstar WR - just a few good ones. Get the interceptions out of Josh's games and play a more conservative and consistent offence. 

It's a great deal for the Texans - Diggs is pure showtime - but I'm okay with moving on. He's a pretty high maintenance dude.

Edited by Bill Grundy
  • Agree 1

Doesn't he have like $30 million dead cap hit on the contract? 

Unless this is the first step of a bigger move like trading up in the draft or getting Jefferson or Aiyuk, I don't like it. 

Let's put it in perspective. Diggs became a really expensive decoy last year. First ten games Dorsey forced him the ball and even when he eclisped 100 yards we lost half those games.  We lose his salary, gain some capital and I believe Beane has a plan. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love it.  Served his purpose.  See ya Diggs.

He's obviously a problem.  If he was such a valuable asset Beane would hold on to him.  

KC just won a SB with the Mayor, Govenor, and Police Chief of Turd city at WR. What's the problem?

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, finn said:

So a lousy 2nd round pick next year and we lose our best WR AND take a huge cap hit? WTF?

and giving up a pick this year and next year. Bad trade IMO unless we have an plan in place to replace him with someone younger (see Higgins)

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

No he didnt. Sam Darnold or JJ McCarthy is starting for the Vikings. He’s getting essentially a very early 2nd rounder for a 30 year old declining WR who is a pain in the ass 

That’s hopefully right.  Could be a real rough year in 24, though I am on board with the move.

7 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I would assume Houston absorbs a big chunk

Depends on his bonus structure.

he signed a 21M bonus on signing, which prorated over 6 years, so that’s 10.5M he’s on the hook for. I think they also restructured his 23 salary as well. 

His 24 salary became guaranteed after Mar 18th, but that’s gonna be on Houston. I’m sure im missing something but my quick math suggests the bills save ~8-10M of the cap as his cap hit would be 27.8M, and I think only about 12-15 is bonus money that the bills prorated 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So let me get this straight...

We got a 2nd round pick(the Vikings) and traded Diggs, a 4th rounder this year and a 5th rounder next year? AND just took a $31 million cap hit this year too?

Are you fvcking kidding me?? Where is the money coming from to do this?

Now we are like $25 million over the cap again.

A 6th this year, not a 4th.