Police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident - Now officially charged

SCBills

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Every outlet has reported there are injuries. Reported as "minor" by TMZ, but that could mean simply not life threatening. But the point remains, your assertion that everyone walked away without any injuries is factually false.

You’re right.  TMZ is famous for understating situations rather than sensationalizing them.  Those other cars rolled over and burst into flames, and there are surely injuries that fall just under the threshold of “life threatening”.  Rice is going to serve prison time.  This is basically Henry Ruggs part 2.  🥱

Edited by Billl
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

Not “any” injuries.  It’s $10k and a potential loss of license if the injuries are minor which they were.  Nobody is going to jail over this.  Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but worst case scenario is probably a 4 game suspension.

There’s literally video of the occupants of the cars getting out and walking away without so much as a limp.  

Why are you so quick to downplay the incident and take the player's side? Would you be saying the same thing if someone was killed, which could have easily happened?

But you're right, nothing of any consequence will ever happen to this guy or other model citizens like Britt Reid or Tyreek Hill. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

You’re right.  Those other cars rolled over and burst into flames.  Rice is going to serve prison time.  🥱

People don't have to die or the car burst into flames to fall under the terms of fleeing a hit and run involving bodily harm. That's not a nothing charge.

I don't know if he's going to be tried or serve time or not. I don't know for 100% certainty he was driving or that they can prove that he was. Though it appears to me that he was there and he was driving, I don't know if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt or not.

But this idea you're perpetuating that since no car burst into flames and no one died it's a non story and that there were absolutely no injuries is factually wrong and the level of downplay you're arguing for the offense is simply put, downright embarrassing from your end. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Why are you so quick to downplay the incident and take the player's side? Would you be saying the same thing if someone was killed, which could have easily happened?

But you're right, nothing of any consequence will ever happen to this guy or other model citizens like Britt Reid or Tyreek Hill. 

Of course I wouldn’t be saying the same thing if someone was killed.  There’s a pretty big difference between getting into a wreck where everyone walks away versus someone being killed.  It was a stupid situation, and I’m sure he’ll face some sort of consequence, but it’s not like he’s OJ Simpson or Von Miller.

28 minutes ago, Billl said:

Not “any” injuries.  It’s $10k and a potential loss of license if the injuries are minor which they were.  Nobody is going to jail over this.  Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but worst case scenario is probably a 4 game suspension.

There’s literally video of the occupants of the cars getting out and walking away without so much as a limp.  

I didn’t say he’d go to jail but he will be arrested if he was the driver. If no injuries likely loss of license and probation perhaps. You claimed he wouldn’t be arrested 

14 minutes ago, Billl said:

Of course I wouldn’t be saying the same thing if someone was killed.  There’s a pretty big difference between getting into a wreck where everyone walks away versus someone being killed.  It was a stupid situation, and I’m sure he’ll face some sort of consequence, but it’s not like he’s OJ Simpson or Von Miller.

Oh my God. Someone doesn't have to *die* for there to be an offense with repercussions, possibly major. No one has said that he's going to have a Henry Ruggs like punishment or is comparing the end result to Ruggs. But you don't have to kill someone to be charged with something or be punished. A crime of a hit and run involving bodily harm (even minor) is a felony offense.

And the clapbacks at you stem from you claiming no one will or should be arrested for anything and no one was injured. By the letter of the law and what's been reported - these assertions are completely incorrect.

And it's interesting you should mention Henry Ruggs earlier. Is this the same result? Thankfully no. But it's the same action from a comparable 2nd year player and Ruggs is still in recent memory. I could easily see a scenario where Goodell and the League want to make an example of him to try and prevent this kind of behavior happening again.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

It is not a good look, first to drive without any care or concern for fellow motorists, and then to just saunter away from the scene.   I do not like the way their minds work.   

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Billl said:

Worst case scenario is KC now realize they have an idiot at WR who they can’t rely on, they may be forced to use an earlier pick on WR then they had planned.

Racing is idiotic enough, but fleeing without regard to innocent victims well being shows his true character.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Oh my God. Someone doesn't have to *die* for there to be an offense with repercussions, possibly major.

And it's interesting you should mention Henry Ruggs earlier. Is this the same result? Thankfully no. But it's the same action from a comparable 2nd year player and Ruggs is still in recent memory. I could easily see a scenario where Goodell and the League see this and want to make an example of him.

Jalen Carter crashed a car and left the scene of a fatal car accident.  He got probation and was drafted top 10 a year later.  Rice was incredibly lucky that his stupidity didn’t have a worse ending.  I’m not condoning his actions, nor does it make even the tiniest bit of difference what I think should happen to him.  The reality is that it was a traffic accident that resulted in no major injuries.  He’s got enough money to afford a competent attorney, so the odds of him seeing the inside of a jail cell are virtually nil.

I realize he plays for the team that keeps winning Super Bowls so everyone here wants to pretend that the book will be thrown at him, but that’s little more than fan fiction.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

Jalen Carter crashed a car and left the scene of a fatal car accident.  He got probation and was drafted top 10 a year later.  Rice was incredibly lucky that his stupidity didn’t have a worse ending.  I’m not condoning his actions, nor does it make even the tiniest bit of difference what I think should happen to him.  The reality is that it was a traffic accident that resulted in no major injuries.  He’s got enough money to afford a competent attorney, so the odds of him seeing the inside of a jail cell are virtually nil.

I realize he plays for the team that keeps winning Super Bowls so everyone here wants to pretend that the book will be thrown at him, but that’s little more than fan fiction.  

You claimed he wouldn’t get arrested 

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Considering the joke of a punishment Brett Reid got, Rice will likely skate.

I will say this, Andy Reid is a hell of a football coach and guys make their own decisions but he always seems to have guys involved in some stuff. Oldest son OD, Britt, Tyreek, Frank Clark, Willie Gay, now Rashee Rice and it’s always fairly serious stuff 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Billl said:

You could've saved yourself a lot of time and typing effort in this thread by just saying "I am incapable of being unbiased and level-headed about this issue because it involves a Kansas City Chief, and I am downplaying the seriousness of this misdemeanor criminal offense because the player in question plays for my favorite team. If he played for a different team, my opinion would be different".

There. That's the truth. Now you don't have to keep replying any more.

37 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Oh my God. Someone doesn't have to *die* for there to be an offense with repercussions, possibly major. No one has said that he's going to have a Henry Ruggs like punishment or is comparing the end result to Ruggs. But you don't have to kill someone to be charged with something or be punished. A crime of a hit and run involving bodily harm (even minor) is a felony offense.

And the clapbacks at you stem from you claiming no one will or should be arrested for anything and no one was injured. By the letter of the law and what's been reported - these assertions are completely incorrect.

And it's interesting you should mention Henry Ruggs earlier. Is this the same result? Thankfully no. But it's the same action from a comparable 2nd year player and Ruggs is still in recent memory. I could easily see a scenario where Goodell and the League want to make an example of him to try and prevent this kind of behavior happening again.

more similar than ruggs is probably Carter- with the street racing. The nfl has to be eager to stamp out both behaviors though. 

26 minutes ago, Billl said:

he won’t do jail time 

but unlike Carter, rice is an nfl player and will likely miss a few games 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

more similar than ruggs is probably Carter- with the street racing. The nfl has to be eager to stamp out both behaviors though. 

he won’t do jail time 

but unlike Carter, rice is an nfl player and will likely miss a few games 

Yup NFL couldn’t do anything about Carter , I’m seeing , especially if guns were at the scene, seeing a nice 6-10 game suspension 

48 minutes ago, Billl said:

He won’t face jail time

But as you said, he is stupid and he needs to evaluate his inner circle.  Can’t be an idiot more than a few times

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Billl said:

There is a significant difference in those cases, while yes someone died, but they were the people in the other car racing and it wasn't due to a collision with his car they couldn't make the turn and veered off the road.

In this case both cars hit multiple vehicles by the look of it and that's not great.

2 hours ago, Billl said:

What did OJ Simpson ever do?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Pssssst.  We were talking playoffs.  

Pssssst.  Once the postseason hits, the regular season counts for nothing.  

(You are entirely predictable)  

;)  

Here is the full text of your post to which I responded.  

"It'd be nice if we'd draft a WR late in round 2 about where our 60th pick is this year, that would put up 577 yards and 4 TDs in the second half of his rookie year.  

At that rate he'll be as productive as Dogs (sic) has been for us."

LIterally.  "second half of his rookie year"   No mention of playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billl said:

damn putting Von in the same breath as OJ is pretty ballsy,….. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billl said:

Carter did not crash his car. He was racing with the woman who did. She was way over the legal BAC limit when she crashed her car, killing herself and one of her passengers. Same stupid drag racing, less serious results for Rice. Carter still has a huge lawsuit against him.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Here is the full text of your post to which I responded.  

"It'd be nice if we'd draft a WR late in round 2 about where our 60th pick is this year, that would put up 577 yards and 4 TDs in the second half of his rookie year.  

At that rate he'll be as productive as Dogs (sic) has been for us."

LIterally.  "second half of his rookie year"   No mention of playoffs.

This is why this place is FUBAR so often.  Here's the exact string.  

You made the following comment, my/your/my/your/etc. responses are in order.  

This was your first/original comment to which I made my comment:  

The Chiefs were searching for Rice the entire first half of the season.

My response (and correcting the spell-check for Diggs):

As a rookie.  

It'd be nice if we'd draft a WR late in round 2 about where our 60th pick is this year, that would put up 577 yards and 4 TDs in the second half of his rookie year.  

At that rate he'll be as productive as Diggs has been for us.  

Yours: 

Psssssst.  What if we told you....the entire season counts?

(You really are becoming entirely predictable)

Mine:  

Pssssst.  We were talking playoffs.  

Pssssst.  Once the postseason hits, the regular season counts for nothing.  

(You are entirely predictable)  

My point with that last one was that the original conversation before you entered into it, was about playoff performances of players.  IOW, the context was playoffs, and you put it in the context of Regular Season.  To which I responded pointing out that the context was playoffs, and with the underlying well-known understanding that it's not our regular seasons that have been issue-laden, it's our playoffs, with the point otherwise being, and given your criticism of a rookie WR in his first NFL games, was that we should be so lucky to get a WR like Rice late in round 2.  

Your hounding me out-of-context is the most predictable thing here.  

Otherwise, if you want to talk about a WR, in this case Rice, in the playoffs, 26 catches for 262 Yards and a TD in four playoff games, as a rookie, is more than any rookie WR of ours, besides Davis, has put up in any four playoff games over the past three postseasons.  It's more yards in the playoffs than any other WR we have on our roster has put up in postseason play as well.  So when we draft a WR that does that as a rookie, shake me awake.  

So yeah, it'd be a great thing to land a WR late in round 2 that could do that, at least I think so.  Apparently you disagree and think we're doing a better job of finding WRs at rookie pricing/contracts.  So I suppose that we'll simply have to agree to disagree.  I'm fine with that.  

Keep in mind that I'm making zero mention of his off-field issue here, merely his onfield performance.  

We're finished here.  At least I am.  :)  

44 minutes ago, DJB said:

24 hours later is blood alcohol has stabilized, and now he will pay his way out of this one 

Doubtful.  LE comes down hard on runners to discourage the behavior.  They’ll get his credit cards, lean in his friends, and maybe even pull phone records to get a bead on where he was and if he was drinking before the accident.  They’re gonna work this one.  

36 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Doubtful.  LE comes down hard on runners to discourage the behavior.  They’ll get his credit cards, lean in his friends, and maybe even pull phone records to get a bead on where he was and if he was drinking before the accident.  They’re gonna work this one.  

A nice little donation to the precinct will take care of it 

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

My understanding is he was a passenger. Why would his drinking or not drinking matter? I think it is legal to be a drunk passenger. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

My understanding is he was a passenger. Why would his drinking or not drinking matter? I think it is legal to be a drunk passenger. 

If he was a passenger, then you're right.  I have not heard anything about him being a passenger.  The cynic in me notes that of course he was a passenger, and of course the driver didn't have any more than two drinks, if he had a drink at all.  Nobody ever has more than two drinks before a DWI, and rich dudes who were present in their vehicle at the scene of a bad accident but who have less monied friends with them never were driving the car.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If he was a passenger, then you're right.  I have not heard anything about him being a passenger.  The cynic in me notes that of course he was a passenger, and of course the driver didn't have any more than two drinks, if he had a drink at all.  Nobody ever has more than two drinks before a DWI, and rich dudes who were present in their vehicle at the scene of a bad accident but who have less monied friends with them never were driving the car.  

My understanding that there is dash cam video of him exiting the passenger side of the vehicle after the crash. 

On 3/31/2024 at 5:59 AM, SCBills said:

I have to love how some fans are triggered by anything negative with the Chiefs,  end of the day they keep winning and we still have Marvin Lewis 2:00 as our HC who loves his high character guys.  They have the better GM and even better HC

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You think the Dallas PD has nothing better to do than spend a bunch of time and money investigating a non-injury accident when the driver can afford a top attorney?

the dude is in the league. it's going to be warshed over real quick. fall guys in place, etc. anyone thinking the guy gets any real punishment from law enforcement is silly. he's not like us - he is protected.

he probably won't even get penalized for the league.

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I have to love how some fans are triggered by anything negative with the Chiefs,  end of the day they keep winning and we still have Marvin Lewis 2:00 as our HC who loves his high character guys.  They have the better GM and even better HC

“Triggered”?  It’s newsworthy.  My post has zero editorial context aside from what was being reported. 

Chiefs fans:

"How do we know it was him?"

Video comes out of crash

"That could have been someone else driving"

Photos of him leaving the scene

"That's not him, it could be anybody"

His football cleats found in the car

"Nobody died, it's not a big deal, maybe he will get suspended 1-2 games"

41b60y.png?a475464

• Agree 2