Bengals release Joe Mixon, add Zach Moss

stuvian

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Kind of screwed Mixon over there waiting until now to release him.  How's $1.2m sound Mixon?

Before you feel sorry for that piece of crap, watch this:

mixon-punch.gif

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Kind of screwed Mixon over there waiting until now to release him.  How's $1.2m sound Mixon?

They were likely negotiating with him until last minute.

Same thing happens when a player is tagged and refuses to sign contract; player can be released after most of money is spent,

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Who's Zach Moss?

Yet another ex-Bill RB having value to other teams so drafting them was not as bad as some claimed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Eff that woman beater. Absolute scum. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is hilarious.  Bills castoff Singletary replaces S. Barkley.  Bills castoff Moss replaces Joe Mixon.

Jacksonville will likely not bring back Ridley so he’s replaced by Gabe.   Hahahaha!

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

This is hilarious.  Bills castoff Singletary replaces S. Barkley.  Bills castoff Moss replaces Joe Mixon.

Jacksonville will likely not bring back Ridley so he’s replaced by Gabe.   Hahahaha!

Teams realizing finally how dumb it is to pay running backs.

4 hours ago, Special K said:

mixon-punch.gif

Yeah she didn't want that video released. It went feom "woman beater"  to " no matter what you don't hit a girl, even in self defense"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Joe Mixon PFFT is a player I would be happy if I never saw play again. RAT ******* 100%

being replaced by Zach Moss GOOD. Sit his *** down forever.  I don't like him and I never will

• Like (+1) 1

Never understood how the NFL could blackball Ray Rice, but a team would draft this guy and hand him millions. Him, Watson, and Tyreek Hill should all be left in the same John boat out in the middle of the Atlantic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah she didn't want that video released. It went feom "woman beater"  to " no matter what you don't hit a girl, even in self defense"

Yeah he was really in fear for his life there that he had to wind up and punch her with all of his strength. He could have just walked away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Special K said:

mixon-punch.gif

I see a women push him then smack him in the face. As a man he didn’t have to piece her like that but these women gotta learn to keep their hands to themselves 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by streetkings01
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Mixon kinda sucks. He has averaged over 4.1 yards per carry ONCE in seven seasons. He is just a volume based accumulator. 

You're right on point with your assessment of this guy.  I do have to admit that he spent most of his career with a poor o-line.  He is also a better receiver than he gets credit for.  Volume clearly hides most of his deficiencies.  I hope the Bills stay away from him in free agency.

If Moss has another year like he had last season i would really start second guessing the way coaches utilized him . I believe Moss may be depending again on how he is used more of a old school style back meaning that he needs more than a handful of carries to get in a groove .

Remember back in the day before it was 3 or 4 different RB's by commity in a game ? Kind of like Von had said about his approach . Moss may need more carries to see exactly how the opponent is blocking & where some openings are .

I never did like the pick when they drafted Moss but he always seemed to be a team guy I just wish he would have ran like he did least season while he was in Bills uni's . But players that were with the Bills seem to have good careers after they leave which is why when they are let go they get scooped up quickly .

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Never understood how the NFL could blackball Ray Rice, but a team would draft this guy and hand him millions. Him, Watson, and Tyreek Hill should all be left in the same John boat out in the middle of the Atlantic. 

Ray Rice was coming off a very bad season. His blackball was far more talent related than anything. 

Ray Rice

1 hour ago, T master said:

If Moss has another year like he had last season i would really start second guessing the way coaches utilized him . I believe Moss may be depending again on how he is used more of a old school style back meaning that he needs more than a handful of carries to get in a groove .

Remember back in the day before it was 3 or 4 different RB's by commity in a game ? Kind of like Von had said about his approach . Moss may need more carries to see exactly how the opponent is blocking & where some openings are .

I never did like the pick when they drafted Moss but he always seemed to be a team guy I just wish he would have ran like he did least season while he was in Bills uni's . But players that were with the Bills seem to have good careers after they leave which is why when they are let go they get scooped up quickly .

I think he more or less proved the fact, he’s a rhythm kind of guy, needs a little to get it rolling and then he’s good.  Never got that with DS and the stupid rotation here.

• Agree 1

I said when Zack Moss was a Bill that he was a good player who just needed an opportunity. That he was a guy who got better the more opportunities he got in a game. That maybe he simply wasn't a good match for the Bills offense, but that he WAS a good player and not a bust.

I was called crazy and laugh-emoji'd by many on this forum. 

Fast-forward a bit and Moss looked quite capable filling in for Jonathan Taylor, and has now parlayed that into either a starting or at least prime complimentary role with the Bengals.

Good for him for rehabbing his career and going from "bust" and "afterthought" to a guy who can make $8 million in free agency and get significant snaps for a contending Bengals team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I said when Zack Moss was a Bill that he was a good player who just needed an opportunity. That he was a guy who got better the more opportunities he got in a game. That maybe he simply wasn't a good match for the Bills offense, but that he WAS a good player and not a bust.

I was called crazy and laugh-emoji'd by many on this forum. 

Fast-forward a bit and Moss looked quite capable filling in for Jonathan Taylor, and has now parlayed that into either a starting or at least prime complimentary role with the Bengals.

Good for him for rehabbing his career and going from "bust" and "afterthought" to a guy who can make $8 million in free agency and get significant snaps for a contending Bengals team.

He'll come back to Earth because the Bengals don't run the ball much at all. In 2022, they had the fourth-fewest rushing attempts in the NFL. Even last year, with Joe Burrow playing hurt and then out hurt, the Colts ran the ball almost 100 more times than the Bengals. Zac Taylor likes to throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He'll come back to Earth because the Bengals don't run the ball much at all. In 2022, they had the fourth-fewest rushing attempts in the NFL. Even last year, with Joe Burrow playing hurt and then out hurt, the Colts ran the ball almost 100 more times than the Bengals. Zac Taylor likes to throw. 

I don't disagree that Moss will have less opportunity to run the ball than when he was a fill-in bellcow back for the Colts.

It doesn't change my stance that Moss was and is a good NFL running back and that his failures as a Bill were more due to poor schematic fit and lack of opportunity than to a lack of talent on his part.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I don't disagree that Moss will have less opportunity to run the ball than when he was a fill-in bellcow back for the Colts.

It doesn't change my stance that Moss was and is a good NFL running back and that his failures as a Bill were more due to poor schematic fit and lack of opportunity than to a lack of talent on his part.

I agree with that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

He's a good backup, I know he played well staring when Taylor was hurt but as good as he was in some games he looked meh. Kudos to him and the paycheck but think Bengals going to look back and might have gone another way.

• Agree 1

Mixon was not good last year.  

If not for a 111 yard game vs Cleveland’s backups in week 18 he would have been well under 1000 yards.  

He’s going to be 28 in July and has a lot of miles on him.  

And he’s a POS.  

Edited by Big Blitz