Josh Allen not in Pro Bowl because of Pebble Beach tee time, Minshew going as alternate

9 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

**** the pro bowl. It's been a joke for 15 or so years, and now it's an abomination. 

there are just thousands of better ways to spend our time than watching the Pro bowl.  Bottom line. And I agree it sucks and has for years 

• Agree 1

honestly I don't think Josh should ever go to a pro bowl. The seasons over keep your tee time. Decompress from the season with a little time away then come back and work on next year

9 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Pro Bowls are all fun and games until you blow an acl or something stupid & crazy. Never go JA!

I was at a US Open at Torrey Pines, Tiger won it in a 18 hole playoff with both a tibial injury like Milano's and a torn ACL.  Had the knee rebuilt the next week.  Just saying, even golf can get you hurt.

Only thing you need to know.

Pro bowl viewers on tv 2 million  at stadium 12k

Pebble Beach fans watching there 150k yes it is over 2 different courses. But the tickets sell out in a week. TV fans over 15 million.  Including the pink pig.

58 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Last year when Tyler Huntley, who had two TDs in 5 games, was a pro bowler was next level abomination 

Wssn't Mac Jones there at some point too? It's silly. Whose next? Joey Harrington? 

12 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

For some reason, some still believe that Josh is getting snubbed again for the Pro Bowl, but that's not the case.

"For some who buy in to the “Minshew Magic” the quarterback brings, they were excited to see the quarterback get this accolade after he stepped up this season when starter Anthony Richardson got hurt. For other fans, they questioned why Minshew deserves the honor over other accomplished quarterbacks in the AFC, like Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills.

It’s worth noting that NFL players can turn down a Pro Bowl bid due to a prior engagement or because of injury. In Allen’s case, it appears that he has a tee time at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am already booked for Pro Bowl weekend, which could explain his absence in Orlando."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/30/gardner-minshew-colts-surprise-selection-pro-bowl-alternate-reactions

Who wants sloppy seconds? Josh Allen is nobody's alternate!! 

• Agree 1

Let's see...

Golf at Pebble Beach, or play televised dodgeball with Kevin Zeitler and Evan Engram?

Hmmmm....Tough choice.

(btw that's no shade on Zeitler and Engram specifically. I'm sure they're lovely chaps)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't really care for the Pro-Bowl tbh and the rosters are a glorified popularity contest based on name recognition. But at the same time I don't love the look that a football player puts a ceremonial golf event ahead of a ceremonial football event. 

If Josh was a first choice for the Pro-Bowl I’d agree. But as an alternate? I don’t blame him for telling them where to shove it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If Josh was a first choice for the Pro-Bowl I’d agree. But as an alternate? I don’t blame him for telling them where to shove it.

Ha. I don't blame him for telling them to shove it either. But again I don't love the "I'm too busy playing golf" look. I'd rather he just told them where to stick it. 

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ha. I don't blame him for telling them to shove it either. But again I don't love the "I'm too busy playing golf" look. I'd rather he just told them where to stick it. 

Might be a very polite way of telling them to where to stick it! Akin to washing his hair.

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

The Pro Bowl is stupid, meaningless and boring. 

I agree.

But considering the world is billions of years old and that war, famine, disease, and hate plague the world, are regular season games meaningful?  I mean, you know, in the big scheme of things?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Agree. When writers reference pro bowls as credentials for HOF consideration, I find it completely bogus. All-Pro is the only thing that means anything outside of SB wins and individual statistics. 

Is Rodger Saffold going to the Pro Bowl again this year?

idk if he even played this year, but that does not seem to matter.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Stafford and Dak not going and neither is their alternate in Goff. 😭

Purdy was the other NFC QB so none of the ones voted in are going to be there, a true All-Star game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BearNorth said:

I was at a US Open at Torrey Pines, Tiger won it in a 18 hole playoff with both a tibial injury like Milano's and a torn ACL.  Had the knee rebuilt the next week.  Just saying, even golf can get you hurt.

You are right, I dont watch very much golf and totally forgot about Tiger's injuries.

Isn't the Pro Bowl currently a tag football game, with other games and athletic "challenges" included? (and "coached" by the Manning clowns---lol). I think it is time to dump this mind-numbing waste of time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

My God...last time Mac Jones took his spot, now Minshew? What a joke this is becoming.

The only one of the 6 voted in that's going seems to be Tua and at least two of the alternates opted out at QB as well. So Tua plus your 9th-13th best/highest voted QBs ***** amazing.

Josh Allen in foursome with Tom Brady at Pebble Beach Pro-Am

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Bills quarterback Josh Allen will be in a foursome with Tom Brady at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am golf tournament in California, which starts on Thursday.

Allen will be teamed up with Keith Mitchell, who is currently 75th in the Official World Golf Ranking. Brady, the former New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback, will team up with Keegan Bradley.

The group will tee off at Spyglass Hill Golf Course at 1:21 p.m. Thursday for the first round. They will tee off for the second round at 12:21 p.m. Friday at Pebble Beach Golf Links.

This is the third year in a row Allen has partnered with Mitchell at the event. Last year they finished fourth, four shots behind New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who won the tournament with Ben Silverman.

In 2022, Allen and Mitchell missed the cut for the final day.

Due to a format change, Allen will not play in the final two rounds of the event even if they do make the cut, as amateurs will only play the first two rounds. The final two rounds are on Saturday and Sunday.

You can watch Allen from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the Golf Channel and Peacock on both Thursday and Friday. In addition, the tournament will air in full on ESPN+

https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/josh-allen-in-foursome-with-tom-brady-at-pebble-beach-pro-am/

• Haha (+1) 1

when he don't make the pro bowl to begin with,  good tell them to suck eggs...  

On 1/31/2024 at 9:46 PM, zow2 said:

Oye, lots of jokes nationally on social media about Allen always having a set tee time the week before Super Bowl. 🙄

and every fan making those remarks would take Allen on his team in a heartbeat.   Ignore the stupid people...

On 1/30/2024 at 11:00 PM, Bangarang said:

Minshew going should tell you everything you need to know about the Pro Bowl. 

The Pro Bowl has an unblemished record of rewarding the finest talent in the league.

Sincerely,

Mac Jones and Tyler Huntley

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.