How do you explain Diggs invisibility act

Coldfronts

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Easy.

150+ targets the last 3 years is a LOT of wear and tear on the body, it caught up at the end of the year.

I’m sure he will be good to start the year, but Bills should definitely spread it out more. 31 is too old for 150 targets a year. 

In his defense, he didn’t do all that much with those targets in the final 10 or so games. If he was just going to go through the motions why be out there at all. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

In his defense, he didn’t do all that much with those targets in the final 10 or so games. If he was just going to go through the motions why be out there at all. 

He clearly wasn’t going through the motions, I think he hit his wall. Physically spent for the season. He certainly looked it. 

20 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

Every 2nd half and 2nd half of the season every year except 2020 because I'm not buying this guy's reasons?

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/1/24/24048105/stefon-diggs-and-the-second-half-of-the-season-what-is-happening-buffalo-bills-offense

I thought his drop on long pass was biggest reason why we lost, he catches that then good chance he scores because defender falls down and we go up 4 with about 8 mins left. Yes Mahomes had 8 mins but defence seem to get some stops in that 4th quarter. It just seems Diggs has never been able to bring it to any of these playoff games.  I always thought that contract was too big for a guy his age 

Edited by Niagara Dude
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

If Allen doesn't miss a wide open Diggs multiple times in the final few games are we really having this discussion?

Yeah I'm upset at too many dropped passes but Diggs is still a star. 

I dont want him fighting for one extra yard when it is not needed.

8 hours ago, stuvian said:

it felt like he checked out emotionally when we were 6-6 and his brother was tweeting for him to leave.

Really? Was he checked out emotionally when he was talking up Allen in the Chargers game on the sideline??

10 hours ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

It’s time to move on from Diggs. Trade him to someone with lots of cap space; we might have to include picks but it’s worth it to be free of the contract and the attitude. Bring in some kids, FA’s. 

Judging by this post I don't think you understand how the cap works.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Judging by this post I don't think you understand how the cap works.

I was just going to post this. In every other sport with a cap, the cap hit gets traded with the contract. The dead cap hits are complicated and unique to the NFL, so a lot of fans don't know about it.

Half assing it…. I really didn’t like how Diggs handled the question about his brother’s tweets earlier in the season. I believe he wants out and the passion to give it his all every play wasn’t there

what about the WR coach Adam Henry. It was not just Diggs that looked bad. Except Shakir, I would say all of our WR sucked this year. Previously they all loved Chad Hall. Nothing is said about the job Henry has done, his influence, etc. For his first year on staff things have been pretty lackluster.

Diggs production drop off comes right as brady took over....take from that what you may ...I feel our identity on offense keeps being tinkered with and is being made into what our HC envisons....that in itself is concerning bc mcd isn't an offensive minded guy....we are a grind it out ball control offense now....we will give cook as many touches as allen and when allen is dropping back we are asking for short quick throws a ton also

We need to send him to Dallas to play with his brother, and we get CD in a trade.  I actually want new #1 and #2 receivers.

We need youth and speed and we don't have that at all with #1, #2 or #3

• Agree 1

Move on from Diggs when his contract is up.  

Even a diminished Diggs is better than most in this league.  

Draft or sign a new #1 WR in the FA to take some pressure off of him.  Getting old sucks in this league, but when teams are smart with their 30+ players by adding younger talent to take some reps, guys like Diggs can have a resurgence, and return to form (just less pressure).

Edited by Yantha
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

With his cap this season, Diggs will be a Bill, he's not tradeable and the dead cap of cutting him would be killer.

Everything is a killer. Keeping him at $27 million is a killer, restructuring him is a killer, releasing/trading him is a killer.

Which means all 3 are options. Keeping Diggs at his current deal is the best option for the Bills. We’ll just have to wait and see how things progress.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Diggs seems to have lost "it" and there was the rumor of Diggs not being super happy as it is. Do you think its time to move on and look for someone more fitting?

Dude, give it s rest, there has been multiple threads on this flawed perspective already, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who exactly is "we all"? 

Look, I'm growing increasingly tired of the antics he's had at the end of the season for the last 2 years. But it's more a "grin and bear it" situation. 

- His cap and dead cap make it extremely EXTREMELY unlikely he's cut/traded

- We don't have a replacement on the roster. And you can't just "go get a guy" like Higgins or Evans while at the same time taking the dead cap hit

- Skill wise could he be in decline? Sure. But he's still a popular member of the locker room that showed week in and week out a lot of leadership on the sidelines. And oh by the way is still the best WR we have rostered BY A WIDE MARGIN.

- He has more value to the Bills then any other team. For what it would take to logically move on from him it's doubtful that a team will part with what it takes. And what would that be? A high end day 2 pick? Plus a likely new contract? No one is giving that up for a guy faded down the stretch at his age. You're looking at a likely DHop situation.

- Where is the rumor of him "not being super happy"? Post a link. Don't talk out of your ass. He's publicly said otherwise. Repeatedly. Like to the point where his main source of unhappiness may just stem from having to answer the question over and over and over and over.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Diggs seems to have lost "it" and there was the rumor of Diggs not being super happy as it is. Do you think its time to move on and look for someone more fitting?

I love all these rumors and yet Diggs always has a smile on his face on the field and always telling the media that it's not true etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

If we draft a couple of receivers high in the draft that would benefit Diggs.  He’d see fewer double teams and he could work with the young guys to bring them up to speed.  Does he have an “attitude”?  Yes, he wants to win, that’s his attitude.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Possibly, but we can't this year because of his cap #.  I hope Brady can sit him down and show how he plans to scheme him open.  Maybe that spurs him to be his old self.

22 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Move on from Diggs when his contract is up.  

Even a diminished Diggs is better than most in this league.  

Draft or sign a new #1 WR in the FA to take some pressure off of him.  Getting old sucks in this league, but when teams are smart with their 30+ players by adding younger talent to take some reps, guys like Diggs can have a resurgence, and return to form (just less pressure).

There is no one in FA I want outside Mike Evans and we can't afford him.  Beane is really going to need to hit on a WR or 2 in this draft.

28 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

With his cap this season, Diggs will be a Bill, he's not tradeable and the dead cap of cutting him would be killer.

Oh yeah I know he isn't going anywhere, but Im just saying the juice ain't worth the squeeze 

8 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

If we draft a couple of receivers high in the draft that would benefit Diggs.  He’d see fewer double teams and he could work with the young guys to bring them up to speed.  Does he have an “attitude”?  Yes, he wants to win, that’s his attitude.

Thats fair!

Please not another off season of this non sense! Diggs will be just fine especially if we address upgrading the WR room. Unless some team is willing to give up a premium high draft pick and take on his salary, Diggs will be our #1 WR in 2024. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Dude, give it s rest, there has been multiple threads on this flawed perspective already, 

Lies

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Please not another off season of this non sense! Diggs will be just fine especially if we address upgrading the WR room. Unless some team is willing to give up a premium high draft pick and take on his salary, Diggs will be our #1 WR in 2024. 

Well, that isn't promising then lol

36 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Are you aware of Diggs and the cap situation?  He would cost more against the cap if we got rid of him then he'd be if he remained on the team this season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I think the Bills need to move on,  he no longer does enough to overlook all the off the field distractions. How do you ignore his brother crapping on Allen on social media?  Then you could look back at all the playoff games and how little he offered including this past season.  Time to move on and take the cap hit while Allen is still in his prime

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Eyeroll 1

I don’t think we can, but I wish we could. We might have just watched Diggs get old and past his prime. It happens at different ages for every player. Hopefully I’m wrong, but receivers don’t have long careers these days. People were always clinging to hope that Diggs would thrive into his mid 30’s, but that’s actually quite rare. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

For the one thousandth time: Thread titles need to be more specific…dammit!

Who’s this Diggs person? 😉

But not too specific. when threads are too specific, they are in great danger of being merged with a 3000 page general info thread. 

On 1/25/2024 at 11:39 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

As much as I hate Gronk he actually broke the Diggs situation down nicely. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/8Hw99WNYuYfCcVge/?mibextid=roAVj8

I mean, what did he break down?  He doesn't believe Diggs has cause to be unhappy because he's 'paid' and playing for a contending team, so he's asking "why?" cause all the controversy? 

It's the same question we're all asking, but what insight or information did he add?

On 1/24/2024 at 10:36 PM, stuvian said:

it felt like he checked out emotionally when we were 6-6 and his brother was tweeting for him to leave.

Really?  You see the shots of that fiery player on the sideline and some of the blocks he's thrown, and that says "checked out emotionally" to you?

For all the dummies out there, Diggs' cap hits over the next 4 years are: 

31 mil, 22 mill, 13 mil and 4 mil. Definitely not getting rid of him this year. Not next year either unless he goes full Antonio Brown. Maybe 2026. 

Sorry, that was rude. 

Edited by Man with No Name
  • Haha (+1) 1