The Hydes appear to be saying goodbye

Process

Can not help but think with his stingers this year after the fusion surgery that it might be time for him.   That was a great read and it just sucks they could not be getting ready for Baltimore.   This will be the end of the line for some guys who laid it all on the line including Micah.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ncmurph said:

Not getting a ring for him is probably the worst part of falling short the last couple of years.

That’s perhaps the most unfortunate thing about sports. The vast majority of great players and guys that deserve it the most never even get the chance to win it all. And players seem to understand that better than anyone. 

Micah is gonna have his name on the Wall of Fame sooner than later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I can remember seeing him play in GB he has always been a really good player & when he came here i was stoked I had never heard much about Poyer and with the injury he had while playing for the Browns i was a bit concerned but he proved him self for sure .

Then when the 2's chemistry started to build i think we knew they were a special tandem of safeties and were a force to help turn the Bills around .

After last season and the possibility of him coming back if they went deeper in the play offs there's nothing he needs to prove, he didn't play up to his standard i think this year and he knows it so i think he may have played his last game in the NFL .

Hyde may not be a HOFer but he will always be a Bills WOFer and for ever a part of the Bills Family and a player the Bills Mafia will always cheer for .

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

If Hyde had the desire, I'd love to see him added to the coaching staff.  Clearly they love the team and the area.  

He seems like an incredibly mature and intelligent guy.  Make him a DB coach and see what you get from there.  Similar to the role Josh Norman has taken on

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Class act and comes across as a very bright guy.  Based on that well-written letter, his wife comes across as bright too.  Wishing them the best and it would be great if there was some type of future association with the Bills' organization (coaching or otherwise).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Very well written.  End of an era indeed.

I will forever remember that insane interception during the Patriots game. Micah and Jordon will truly be missed. Greatest safety duo in Bills history. Thanks for the memories Micah.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I will forever remember that insane interception during the Patriots game.

An all-time play.

And even though it wasn't necessary to win the game, the onside kick pirouette return was f------ incredible too. What a G.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Poyer and Hyde, as a duo, represent this era of Bills football arguably more than anyone else. 

They were here from day one of the McDermott regime, and they've talked many times about setting the tone and helping to build the culture here. It's not just talk. By all accounts, these guys have been locker room leaders their entire time here, not to mention excellent players on the field and excellent citizens off of it.

I'm sad that the Bills couldn't win a title with them, and it will be sad seeing the 2024 season kick off without one or both of them in the defensive backfield.

That said, time (and salary cap limitations) wait for no man, and it's likely going to be the dawn of a new era next season.

I second the notion that Hyde and Poyer belong on the list of all time great Buffalo Bills. I'll always fondly remember their contributions to this team and city. I hope to see them at Bills games in future years and to share a beer or three with them in Hammer's lot one of these days.

Thank you, Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

This is why it bothers me that we haven’t won the superbowl yet. It’s players like this that really deserve it that never get to taste it 

Does everything always have to come back to this? She had a wonderful, heartwarming story about falling in love with Buffalo. It’s not about regrets.  

• Like (+1) 1

Amanda Hyde Gets It

She crazy Gets It.

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

If Hyde had the desire, I'd love to see him added to the coaching staff.  Clearly they love the team and the area.  

I'm not sure he wants to coach.  I know that BK, he and his wife loved to travel  - he said, ideally to places where they didn't know the language.  He is probably still thinking about whether he wants to try to play another year or retire (I hope he retires, because he seems to be one wrong hit away from a permanent disability in his neck). 

I expect he wants to take some time and sort it out.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, T master said:

I can remember seeing him play in GB he has always been a really good player & when he came here i was stoked I had never heard much about Poyer and with the injury he had while playing for the Browns i was a bit concerned but he proved him self for sure .

Then when the 2's chemistry started to build i think we knew they were a special tandem of safeties and were a force to help turn the Bills around .

After last season and the possibility of him coming back if they went deeper in the play offs there's nothing he needs to prove, he didn't play up to his standard i think this year and he knows it so i think he may have played his last game in the NFL .

Hyde may not be a HOFer but he will always be a Bills WOFer and for ever a part of the Bills Family and a player the Bills Mafia will always cheer for .

When Hyde came over I was stoked. Was surprised GB let him go. Poyer is a star picked up off the scrap heap. As usual with DBs Bills seemed to benefit from good inside info. Sort of like Bernard that way.

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I think this is viable. After he recovered from surgery last year, he became an unofficial DBs coach for the rest of the season, so he's shown an interest in coaching. And having read his wife's tweet, it seems like staying in the area would make their family happy. McD would hire him in an instant.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.