Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

This game is going to transcend defensive injuries, extra rest, referee, etc.. 

Kansas City *thinks* they are prepared for the kind of noise and violence that will greet them on Sunday eve.  They aren't and I agree with Dion Dawkins on that point. 

I think the environment and the circumstances with Buffalo desperate to beat this club in the playoffs is going to carry the Bills.  It's going to overwhelm KC.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

My money is that Toney plays.

God, how awesome would it be if first play of the game he lines up Offside again.

Honestly, based on how their RT plays, I wouldn’t be shocked if they test Hocculi and dare him to flag it early. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

God, how awesome would it be if first play of the game he lines up Offside again.

Honestly, based on how their RT plays, I wouldn’t be shocked if they test Hocculi and dare him to flag it early. 

So the Bills and pretty much every team in the league now cheats this way. 

I've also noticed more teams using Cheat Motion like the Dolphins do with Tyreke

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't want to count on it, but from what I have heard from Giants fans since the Toe-ny incident is that the whole experience has been unbelievable talent mixed with incredibly boneheaded plays.

People also pointed out that the only reason he was so wide open for that lateral was because he gave up on blocking for the play and was upset he didn't get the ball. So I will not be shocked if he makes a few incredible plays and also makes game changing mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't want to count on it, but from what I have heard from Giants fans since the Toe-ny incident is that the whole experience has been unbelievable talent mixed with incredibly boneheaded plays.

People also pointed out that the only reason he was so wide open for that lateral was because he gave up on blocking for the play and was upset he didn't get the ball. So I will not be shocked if he makes a few incredible plays and also makes game changing mistakes.

He's hobo Percy Harvin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sneed has been Limited all week. So that may help a bit 

I like the Questionable for Bernard. If it was Doubtful I would be worried, I think they play him on a snap count.

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

He's hobo Percy Harvin

that is shockingly accurate

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Kansas City *thinks* they are prepared for the kind of noise and violence that will greet them on Sunday eve.  They aren't and I agree with Dion Dawkins on that point. 

I think the environment and the circumstances with Buffalo desperate to beat this club in the playoffs is going to carry the Bills.  It's going to overwhelm KC.

I  mean I hope. I am sure they have been in some loud stadiums before, but this will be playoffs time. I am sure Highmark is sold out and fans outside will be crazy. For reference, here are the away games they've played this year:

Jacksonville (Jags fans? please)

NY Jets (after Rodgers was knocked out)

Vikings (a little crazy fan, but mediocre team)

Broncos (during the skid)

Vegas (imported fan base)

Packers (lost)

Patriots (eliminated)

Chargers (eliminated)

So they have played one playoff team on the road, and that was a loss.

There is a case to be made that they are not road tested.

• Like (+1) 3

The Chiefs injury report actually isn't anything to discount.  Not having Nnadi could be a big deal for our running game, and when they try to stop Allen on short yardage.

They also have a bunch of guys who were cleared but have things like hammy's, obliques and calf injuries.   They'll be limping around like we will.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Really need Taron to get cleared. 

That obviously allows the Bills to field Poyer-Hyde-Dane-Douglas along with Johnson. 

That is a good enough secondary. 

If Taron doesn't go then I don't think Elam bumps down and then it's Cam Lewis out there all day. 

Odds are he will. He wanted to come in and was only held out by protocol. He's been in Stage 3 (at the lowest) since Wednesday.

There is a chance the independent neurologists (the kind of guys who cleared Tua) say no go, but I suspect he's playing.

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Really need Taron to get cleared. 

That obviously allows the Bills to field Poyer-Hyde-Dane-Douglas along with Johnson. 

That is a good enough secondary. 

If Taron doesn't go then I don't think Elam bumps down and then it's Cam Lewis out there all day. 

With Rapp out do we use Elam, Lewis, or Hamlin when we go to the dime?  Elam has actually played more snaps than Lewis.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Damn.  What did they put in Von Millers peanut butter sammich this week?

I'm not sure but I know everyone else can be fined money, draft picks, whatever. The NFL does not allow ref criticism.

I sort of get it. They don't want the game to look fixed and such, but we live in a time now where many are starting to question  if it's fixed anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I like the Questionable for Bernard. If it was Doubtful I would be worried, I think they play him on a snap count.

that is shockingly accurate

I don't think there is a doubtful designation anymore

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

With Rapp out do we use Elam, Lewis, or Hamlin when we go to the dime?  Elam has actually played more snaps than Lewis.

With this Coaching staff, you need their trust. 

Cam Lewis has been here longer. 

They trust him more than they do Elam.  

And with Elam being inactive for so much of the year, has he cross trained at anything other than boundary corner? 

Lewis, we know, has cross trained in the slot and 3rd safety. 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think there is a doubtful designation anymore

They took away probable. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

One of these years they're gonna pair Mahomes with a Randy Moss type of WR and legit 2 & 3 weapons similar to that 07 Pats offense, and he's gonna cook the entire league. 

The play of the WRs this year (outside of Rice and Watson) has been truly pathetic. Toney seemed to drop every other pass, and always at crucial points in the game. Twice he bobbled a perfect pass directly into the hands of a DB. Moore hasn't done anything right this year. Can't run routes correctly, can't adjust or find soft spots in the zone, can't catch. MVS is either invisible, running the route incorrectly, or dropping perfect passes. 

Thankfully, MVS is getting fewer targets and snaps. It's up in the air as to whether Toney or Moore will be active on Sunday. I'm hoping that Moore won't be (addition by subtraction), and I'm on the fence with Toney. He can be electric, but he hasn't had his head screwed on right all season. 

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Burst my bubble why don't you! :D

There is I was wrong... They got rid of probable 

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

@Buffalo716

There’s still is a doubtful designation. They took away the probable designation.

So, bubble not burst. 😃

I just told him I was wrong

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I  mean I hope. I am sure they have been in some loud stadiums before, but this will be playoffs time. I am sure Highmark is sold out and fans outside will be crazy. For reference, here are the away games they've played this year:

Jacksonville (Jags fans? please)

NY Jets (after Rodgers was knocked out)

Vikings (a little crazy fan, but mediocre team)

Broncos (during the skid)

Vegas (imported fan base)

Packers (lost)

Patriots (eliminated)

Chargers (eliminated)

So they have played one playoff team on the road, and that was a loss.

There is a case to be made that they are not road tested.

The case can be made that the Chiefs have NEVER EVER had to play offense in an environment like Sunday's, at least not since January 1994 and 1992 when we took them to the woodshed both times.

I love it when folks say "but they played in Tampa's home stadium against the Bucs."  First of all, a corporate Super Bowl crowd is nothing like this.  Second... they lost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, zow2 said:

KC will not be overwhelmed.

They have been in plenty of hostile environments before. It hasn’t been in the playoffs, but they’ve won two SB’s and have been to another.

The Rich Stadium environment will help the Bills more than it will overwhelm KC.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

They have been in plenty of hostile environments before. It hasn’t been in the playoffs, but they’ve won two SB’s and have been to another.

The Rich Stadium environment will help the Bills more than it will overwhelm KC.

Good point.

Regarding the moment not being too big yes KC has been in bigger games in bigger moments. The Super Bowl is a corporate event and not very loud with the opposing teams fans comprising 30% of the stadium. In the Tampa Super Bowl only 24,000 fans were in the stands and that was 1st responders. 

Regarding hostile environments they’ve never been in such a loud environment under win or go home pressure.  

In 2023 KC has gone 7-2 on the road and the neutral site game in Germany vs Miami, losing at Green Bay 19-27, and Denver 9-24.

Those are the toughest stadiums and environments they’ve played in 2023. And not surprisingly they lost both games.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BRH said:

The case can be made that the Chiefs have NEVER EVER had to play offense in an environment like Sunday's, at least not since January 1994 and 1992 when we took them to the woodshed both times.

I love it when folks say "but they played in Tampa's home stadium against the Bucs."  First of all, a corporate Super Bowl crowd is nothing like this.  Second... they lost.

I made this same point. Late losses @Cin over the last few years, losses @Green Bay and @Denver this year late. 

None of those are as hostile as Buffalo, and we have killer DL. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting to read all the pro and amateur takes on the outcome…most of the logic in these tends to be very discrete factors…injuries, matchups etc…

I tend to think the primary factor is the Bills have been fighting for their lives for 6 weeks and are pretty acclimated to this. Chiefs really haven’t played a meaningful game for a long while till last week…and Miami was never gonna win that anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, it just is not that true. Not many victories on road late in seasons since 2020 and no fans. Even less versus good playoff teams. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This is a great point.  Mahomes will do fine with the noise though his O line will struggle a bit.The real advantage for the Bills will be that their Pass Pro will find the Chiefs blitz packages a lot easier to handle in a quiet stadium.  And our front 7 will find their jobs easier with the Chiefs worrying about hearing their pass pro calls.

30 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Taron Johnson is the biggest injury call IMO… I would prefer him to play over Bernard …

Cant say I’m optimistic at this stage ..

Why? He’s been cruising through the concussion protocol. I fully expect him to play along with Douglas and Dodson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

Why? He’s been cruising through the concussion protocol. I fully expect him to play along with Douglas and Dodson.

He has had multiple concussions of late, and he has a short week to complete the protocol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.