Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If the Chiefs win, they will have 8 days rest next sunday, the Bills will have 6. Two extra prep days is huge for top tier coaches like Reid. 

I saw a coach interviewed once - can't remember who it was - but he said the actual gameplan isn't some ongoing thing.  They usually get it together in a few hours, and spend the rest of the week practicing for it.

So, yeah - they get a bit more practice. But they also have to travel.  It's not some huge advantage they'll have.  

And I'll take the trade-off as a fan.  The shorter prep time wouldn't mean much if we lost a flukey game tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If the Chiefs win, they will have 8 days rest next sunday, the Bills will have 6. Two extra prep days is huge for top tier coaches like Reid. 

Yup because the players always get 1 day off per week and 1 day is a travel day.

So how many days of practice extra does them team have. Yes coaches 8 players 6.

Rest days for actual playing from last game Yes 8.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Others are mad but i’m elated! If the weather will be any better, I think that favors us.

but ... but... but aren't the elements our home field advantage????

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Legit question - have they ever had 18-24 inches of snow and 50mph wind gust forecasted during one of their games? 

would be hard in Detroit and Minny with their Domes 🤪

Just now, BRH said:

id like to know what he was saying when it was 120 degrees on the Bills’ sideline in Miami last year. 

RG III is a terrible commentator. 

32 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

Soft soft soft. Can’t build a persona as a cold weather team when you’re too scared to play in the cold weather. Taskers hype vid from last year is going to have to be changed from “it’s gonna be cold” to “as long as it’s mild” 

Incredibly stupid post if you live in WNY and experienced what happened here a year ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

Haven’t read through this thread, but express your opinion on moving the game to Monday, guaranteeing the Bills next opponent has a full two days extra rest next weekend, no matter what. 

https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form

The old timer seem to not recall a governor getting so involved in the Bills business..

15 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Has a game ever been delayed in Detroit? Minnesota? Nope.

heck, I can’t think of this ever happening

They don't have lake effect weather. 

A Vikings game in 2010 was postponed due to snow in Minnesota. 

It actually happened in Buffalo just last year! There are several other examples, and even more for hurricanes. 

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Legit question - have they ever had 18-24 inches of snow and 50mph wind gust forecasted during one of their games? 

What weather are you looking at?

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/2e94f34c79f75a14f51529430e0841d97fa7411d7f7324c40f6360a241a51dce

if you total the high ranges here for both Saturday through Sunday night it’s only 12” over a 48 hour period.  

Just now, schoolhouserock said:

Before clearing it? How is that analogous to a field that’s constantly being cleared?

When the weather gets bad, at best they will just keep the major yardlines clear.  Its impossible for them to have the field constantly fully cleared.  Have you ever seen a bad snow game before?

Just checking some of the thoughts of Steelers fans online - they're melting down and saying we're scared of their run game because we want to play in better weather.

But doesn't that mean that they're scared of our pass game?

Just now, BRH said:

id like to know what he was saying when it was 120 degrees on the Bills’ sideline in Miami last year. 

Not a damn thing.  He been talking about this all week and I even tweeted back at him the temp indicators in a few hot Miami games and he didnt say a word.  Many other people did too.  Not a word.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Yup because the players always get 1 day off per week and 1 day is a travel day.

So how many days of practice extra does them team have. Yes coaches 8 players 6.

Rest days for actual playing from last game Yes 8.

chiefs play tonight.  The players don't play a game on sun, monday, tues, wed, thursday, friday, saturday = 7 days between games
Bills play monday.  The players don't have a game tue, wed, thur, fri, sat = 5 days between games.   There is no gettting around it, this is a big advantage to the chiefs

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Seriously?  Will have to see if McDermott and rest of league start shutting him down now that there are 3 games on film.  

I see a more Duck Hodges and Tommy Maddox than Big Ben  career here.  

Unless they draft someone else.  

You see Pickett being the one?  He's been Neil O'Donnell like two seasons in.  

Trubisky's a verifiable backup.  

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Just checking some of the thoughts of Steelers fans online - they're melting down and saying we're scared of their run game because we want to play in better weather.

Yes. Steelers fans wanted a blizzard. I work with one, he said their only chance is if the weather is bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Dolphins at Chiefs should also be moved.

Two days rest for an opponent in the playoffs is an unfair advantage never seen in the NFL before. 

We're cursed af.

you mean the Browns-Texans game should be moved ;)

Dolphins are gonna win that game tonite.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm flabbergasted that anyone here thinks this is a bad thing.

Aside from it just being safer for fans & players - this just doubled our chances of winning.  Tomorrow has potential to be even worse conditions than the Pats wind game.  Basically, a game of chance.

As for "less rest," it's no different from having a MNF game in the regular season.

Not to mention Thurs night games.  The day rest thing doesn't bother me at all - esp when the positives of moving to mon are taken into account.  "We lose a day rest!" is the new "We are doomed if the weather is terrible!!"

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I love that they think the Bills decided themselves to push the game back... not the County, State of NY, Goodell, the Steelers organization, etc...  

The winds out at the airport are 28-35mph, gusting to 50-55 this afternoon.  It's not even safe for the Steelers plane to land here...that would be a terrifying attempt. They canceled it until later Sunday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Not to mention Thurs night games.  The day rest thing doesn't bother me at all - esp when the positives of moving to mon are taken into account.  "We lose a day rest!" is the new "We are doomed if the weather is terrible!!"

Our opponent would have 2 extra days of rest, though. That's the issue

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Our opponent would have 2 extra days of rest, though. That's the issue

And it’s not even the “rest” it’s coaches and players have 2 extra days to plan as well. I’m sure they’ll at least give us a Sunday game but it’s ok we’re the bills and if this is our year we’ll find a way

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Will watt be able to play ?

I doubt that.  He has a bad knee plus he has already been ruled out and I don't think they can change that just like we can't change the designations of our guys that were ruled out.

• Like (+1) 2

This is great news for the Bills. A likely much milder weather environment is a prayer answered from the football gods. 

This definitely increases the Bills chances to spank the Steelers. I still don't see a blowout but a win seems more likely. 

Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 3

The one thing I don't like about the decision is the short week it will give the Bills to prep for the division round assuming they beat Pittsburgh.  Buffalo's potential opponents next weekend all play today.  The fact that Buffalo's opponent next weekend will have played their wild card weekend game today (Saturday) makes it even worse.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

So this current situation has never happened. Great. Thanks, Gov’

Actually, it's happened multiple times in other places, like both Minnesota and Philadelphia. Which you would know if you actually read the article.

Take your political crusade somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, Success said:

I saw a coach interviewed once - can't remember who it was - but he said the actual gameplan isn't some ongoing thing.  They usually get it together in a few hours, and spend the rest of the week practicing for it.

So, yeah - they get a bit more practice. But they also have to travel.  It's not some huge advantage they'll have.  

And I'll take the trade-off as a fan.  The shorter prep time wouldn't mean much if we lost a flukey game tomorrow.

I think they get more physical recovery time.  And that’s the biggest advantage.  Extra days to heal.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.