Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

Just now, HappyDays said:

Disagree with this. I think the Steelers have a better chance of winning if they can launch the ball deep to Pickens. I was totally fine with a bad weather game because they would have barely had a passing offense whereas ours could have scraped by. Now both teams are on equal playing field AND our divisional round opponent gets 8 days of rest versus 6 days of rest. It is a horrible outcome all around.

Wait… so you think on a equal playing field, the Steelers stand a better chance at beating us?

We won’t have Gabe, for whatever that’s worth.. and we’ll see about Douglas, but the Steelers weakness, especially without Watt, is defending a passing attack down the field. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Goddamit. Whelp....if anyone is prepared to deal with this, it is the Bills.

Not so sure , see their performance and blowout loss in the moved titans game during covid. Never know what results you will get with mcd. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re overthinking this and this is more than about football man. 

but let’s have people crashing everywhere, with not enough first responders to help, so we can every advantage over a 10 point underdog haha. 

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Disagree with this. I think the Steelers have a better chance of winning if they can launch the ball deep to Pickens. I was totally fine with a bad weather game because they would have barely had a passing offense whereas ours could have scraped by. Now both teams are on equal playing field AND our divisional round opponent gets 8 days of rest versus 6 days of rest. It is a horrible outcome all around.

No one has been watching pit and has any idea how they’ve been winning.  If you can load up against the run against them they can’t do diddly..their running game can’t stand on its own.  This move helps them more than us imo  still the right thing to do though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, HappyDays said:

I didn't say I disagreed with the outcome. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

At this point of the season, what are 2 really going to do? This is the crappiest chiefs team since Mahomes has been the qb. If we can’t beat them now, we aren’t that good. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

JJ is such a warrior he would play in a blizzard of sharks.

One of the biggest tools in sports. 

Honest question jj. Why did you take a big pay day to play for an awful franchise in a warm weather city? 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

At least one of those extra days for KC (or HOU/CLE) would be a travel day. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I dunno man, I think a Najee Harris/run dominated game in bad weather was easily their best path to success, which would have been forced by the weather. They can still do that of course but if we are able to pass normally in decent weather, and we get up a couple scores...more of the game goes to Rudolph. He's played nicely but 3 tds in four games isn't scaring anybody.

The rest issue sucks, no polishing that turd.

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re overthinking this and this is more than about football man. 

but let’s have people crashing everywhere, with not enough first responders to help, so we can every advantage over a 10 point underdog haha. 

I mean, more of an advantage to the Bills now anyway I think.  Intermediate (and maybe even deep?) passing option should be there again if they want it.

I wonder how this affects Pitt travel plans?  Did they already leave for Buffalo, I'd guess not.  Will they now stay home till Sunday, but then risk having a hard time getting to Buffalo, or will they fly in Monday morning?  That creates an unusual travel plan which could mess with them.

OK just read they are flying to Buffalo Sunday at 3:00

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How? Our game isn't until Monday 

Standings.

(All scenarios based on the Bills beating the Steelers)

If the Dolphins win, they'll go to the Ravens since they will be the lowest seed, and the Bills will get the winner of the Texans/Browns. 

If the Chiefs win, they will come to Buffalo and the winner of the Texans/Browns will go to the Ravens.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.