Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because his helmet was shattered on a head-to-head hit

WTF?!?  Not it wasn’t.  A piece of the shell broke off due to being brittle.  It’s not like his facemask went one direction and his helmet split in two and fell off.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:43 PM, Scott7975 said:

GDqj__mWAAAHEdm?format=jpg&name=large

GDqHDZiWQAAzApM?format=jpg&name=small

9789309_web1_ap17344797755835.jpg?crop=1

skysports-buffalo-bills-indianapolis-col

mccoy.jpg

Riiiiiiiiggghhhht

That was the worst snow game in Bills history. (For real:  https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/01/12/buffalo-bills-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-weather-sunday-daunting-previous-playoff-games/72203328007/)

I recall that the method the grounds crew meant to use to clear the field that day ended up failing. They had a large machine that had a spinning brush to throw snow, but it ended up throwing rubber (the field) with it. That was a significant contributor to the field conditions that day.

The Bills went on to beat Miami the next week after that same snowy Colts game. So, getting back to the original point, I’m still not buying it.

1 minute ago, Billl said:

WTF?!?  Not it wasn’t.  A piece of the shell broke off due to being brittle.  It’s not like his facemask went one direction and his helmet split in two and fell off.  

Yeah but you would think they would charge a time out on the Chiefs to even stop the game...

I didn't mean shattered in half I meant a piece broke off

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah but you would think they would charge a time out on the Chiefs to even stop the game...

I didn't mean shattered in half I meant a piece broke off

I was surprised they didn’t charge us a timeout.  I assumed that was a rule, but I looked it up and couldn’t find anything addressing that scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

I was surprised they didn’t charge us a timeout.  I assumed that was a rule, but I looked it up and couldn’t find anything addressing that scenario.

Are you a Chiefs fan? And it's perfectly fine if you are I had a great time in Arrowhead last year and I meant people I still talk to

And yes the rule is if an equipment malfunction happens on the field... The player must leave for a play or the team must take a time out

Standard procedure

2 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

That was the worst snow game in Bills history. (For real:  https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/01/12/buffalo-bills-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-weather-sunday-daunting-previous-playoff-games/72203328007/)

I recall that the method the grounds crew meant to use to clear the field that day ended up failing. They had a large machine that had a spinning brush to throw snow, but it ended up throwing rubber (the field) with it. That was a significant contributor to the field conditions that day.

The Bills went on to beat Miami the next week after that same snowy Colts game. So, getting back to the original point, I’m still not buying it.

This is the type of snow you get with lake effect snow dude.  Stop making excuses. Did you see the field today?  You think they would have just kept up with it and kept the field clear? You were wrong, just own it.  I don't really care what you buy.  Run around on hard 2 inches of snow then.  In either case I am done with the conversation.

Edited by Scott7975

I’m bull####- I’m scheduled to work until 6 tonight.  WTF?  I’m gonna plow through my day, and try and get ***** moved.   4:30 Monday is a stupid time for a playoff game.  Most of us have to work 

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Blizzard conditions were certainly forecasted before today, when hard decisions needed to be made. And in speaking to people in OP today, the conditions were met. Whether the NWS qualifies as such remains to be seen. But if you insist in quibbling over a few miles an hour of wind, feel free. But there is nothing ordinary about the weather conditions at the stadium today. 

Oh yeah.  They were met. 

8 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

The spinning brushes fiasco was Pittsburgh 2015.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.