Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

My hunch is game will not get moved from Monday to Tuesday (although wouldn't be shocked if it gets moved) but that the stadium and parking lots will be nowhere close to typical game-ready condition. Field itself will be fine but everything else will be partially ready.  Just don't think they'll have enough time (looks to me like lake effect bands will be an issue on and off through tomorrow morning).  

Edited by TheWei44

17 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Plus the Bills have built themselves some pretty nice facilities in OP. If it was Downtown or at UB, they would have to build all new facilities or start from scratch. 

That's why the 49ers stadium is in Santa Clara. That's where their team facilities were, and they would bus the team from Santa Clara to San Francisco and Candlestick for games. No need for that anymore. 

Yep, typical short sighted sh*t. The site studies were a sham as they never really wanted to build it anywhere other than the existing location since they had spent money on the Adpro training facility. 

I was fine with open air and if downtown wasnt in the cards so be it but for Gods sake, should’ve moved it from the snow belt. Niagara county would’ve been fine. I grew up in Lockport and we rarely got hit with the major lake effect stuff like they do in OP.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Yep, typical short sighted sh*t. The site studies were a sham as they never really wanted to build it anywhere other than the existing location since they had spent money on the Adpro training facility. 

I was fine with open air and if downtown wasnt in the cards so be it but for Gods sake, should’ve moved it from the snow belt. Niagara county would’ve been fine. I grew up in Lockport and we rarely got hit with the major lake effect stuff like they do in OP.

That probably would have driven the price up to over $2B

I understand the need for safety. But if the ability to get to the game and home safely was the true driver, why are the Sabres playing a home game right now? Is it because the weather is much "milder" near the arena compared to OP?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

Steelers are boarding their plane; Governor to give update at 2:45 PM:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/

On-time take off:

IMG_0417.png?ex=65b6ac02&is=65a43702&hm=

The pre-press conference music is on point

1 minute ago, jimmynunn said:

I understand the need for safety. But if the ability to get to the game and home safely was the true driver, why are the Sabres playing a home game right now? Is it because the weather is much "milder" near the arena compared to OP?

Sabres play tomorrow

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Yea but nobody cares about that. Including the people playing. I hope they can count the spectators on fingers and toes tomorrow.

The Governor's pre-press conference music? 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m not sure how it will be any better tomorrow.  Game should have been moved to Atlanta…half measures…

Lake effect snows are funny things.  I havent really kept track of the weather as I dont really go anywhere anyhow.  I am not sure either.  Hopefully it is.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m not sure how it will be any better tomorrow.  Game should have been moved to Atlanta…half measures…

Seems as if the game will be able to be played pending this field-hardness thing.  Not sure how many fans would be there however.  The roads should be passable, but parking and snow inside the stadium are questionable.  

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

That probably would have driven the price up to over $2B

A dome would have, but same exact stadium in a northern suburb instead of the snow belt?  Why would it be an extra 500 mil??

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Lake effect snows are funny things.  I havent really kept track of the weather as I dont really go anywhere anyhow.  I am not sure either.  Hopefully it is.

Regardless of whether it’s snowing at 4:30 tomorrow, snow is still piling up and it’s not going to melt by tomorrow afternoon.  It was idiotic not to just move the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.