Anyone else have a good feeling about the Titans vs. Jags?

JMM

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

Seriously 

bills at 2 seed being that sh!t to buffalo KC and shut up!

gosh I’d give anything for that 

Oh man, we knock off say Indy at home then the KC punks gotta come to our house for the playoffs for once!

Hell yes.

4 hours ago, JMM said:

Say what you want about Vrabel as a HC at times but he has team always ready to play and very physical.  He's quoted this week how much he hates losing and wants to win badly.  In addition Tannehill is going to start. In a one game situation he can be very dynamic and carve a team up. He realizes this is probably his last game with them and wants to go out with a win. They are home.  And Trevor Lawrence is beat up and really hasn't played that well this year(except against the Bills of course 🙄). I think there is a real good chance they pull off the upset and the Bills are in the playoffs before they kick it off. Would be nice to know that then can go get that #2 seed!

I would love for them to monkey stomp Jax, and Pitt pull off a win

I like that the 2 games we need are division rivalries.  

Normally, they'd be pretty clear cut - the Ravens resting starters, the talent differential between the Jags & Titans.  But division rivalry games - as we know - are very unpredictable. And the last game of the year is generally unpredictable.

Just feels like one of 'em has to go our way..

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Yes, and i like that both teams we want to win are the home teams. 

• Like (+1) 5

Could care less about Jags vs  Titans, Steelers vs Ravens, or Houston vs Indy for that matter. Take care of business in Miami and host a couple/ maybe 3 games at the Rich (old school here). Get er done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Josh hit those freaking backs out on the flats. Big gainers.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

Normally, they'd be pretty clear cut - the Ravens resting starters, the talent differential between the Jags & Titans.  But division rivalry games - as we know - are very unpredictable. And the last game of the year is generally unpredictable.

I just don't see Pitt or the Jags losing. Sure it's possible but I think both teams are good enough to win. 

Pitt always seems to find a way to win and Tenn isn't very good. I'll be watching both games hoping somehow the Titans or Ravens can pull off the upset. 

11 hours ago, 27yanks said:

Could care less about Jags vs  Titans, Steelers vs Ravens, or Houston vs Indy for that matter. Take care of business in Miami and host a couple/ maybe 3 games at the Rich (old school here). Get er done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Josh hit those freaking backs out on the flats. Big gainers.

You should care about the Jacksonville vs Tenn and Pitt vs Baltimore games. It can give the Bills an automatic playoff birth. 

FYI, the Bills can very well lose the game in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

Don't think so.  These games at the end of the year where you are hoping a bad team beats a team playing for the playoffs rarely works in your favor.

19 hours ago, JMM said:

Say what you want about Vrabel as a HC at times but he has team always ready to play and very physical.  He's quoted this week how much he hates losing and wants to win badly.  In addition Tannehill is going to start. In a one game situation he can be very dynamic and carve a team up. He realizes this is probably his last game with them and wants to go out with a win. They are home.  And Trevor Lawrence is beat up and really hasn't played that well this year(except against the Bills of course 🙄). I think there is a real good chance they pull off the upset and the Bills are in the playoffs before they kick it off. Would be nice to know that then can go get that #2 seed!

Henry is in a walk year too.  Jags are banged up.

I honestly have a feeling on the steelers too..  Even backup ravens... 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I assumed as such when he didn't throw in the walkthrough.  

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I just don't see Pitt or the Jags losing. Sure it's possible but I think both teams are good enough to win. 

Pitt always seems to find a way to win and Tenn isn't very good. I'll be watching both games hoping somehow the Titans or Ravens can pull off the upset. 

You should care about the Jacksonville vs Tenn and Pitt vs Baltimore games. It can give the Bills an automatic playoff birth. 

They're not gonna.  

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I feel like the ravens and titans are starting the better QBs in these games.  That always gives you a shot.  

• Like (+1) 2

If I were a Jaguars fan, Id be really nervous about this game for the stated reasons. (I was terrified of the Bills/Chargers game)

The Jaguars have also hit the skids pretty bad, albeit playing a decently hard schedule.  At one point, they were poised to walk to the #1 seed

Edited by May Day 10

19 hours ago, JMM said:

I prefer we focus on the Bills taking care of business themselves and not expecting other teams to do our work.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

If I were a Jaguars fan, Id be really nervous about this game for the stated reasons. (I was terrified of the Bills/Chargers game)

The Jaguars have also hit the skids pretty bad, albeit playing a decently hard schedule.  At one point, they were poised to walk to the #1 seed

It will be a big time collapse in Jacksonville if they don't even end up making the playoffs which is a real possibility if they lose.

And even when Laurence was healthy just not sure he's taken the step you'd expect from an alleged elite franchise QB.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Henry is in a walk year too.  Jags are banged up.

I honestly have a feeling on the steelers too..  Even backup ravens... 

I assumed as such when he didn't throw in the walkthrough.  

They're not gonna.  

I feel like the ravens and titans are starting the better QBs in these games.  That always gives you a shot.  

My prediction is the Ravens just going with a vanilla formula tomorrow, and once Steelers take the lead, Ravens won’t be able to get off the wet, rainy field fast enough.

I think our better chance is Jags losing to a Titans team trying to play spoiler and nothing to lose.  And if Lawrence can’t go, going to further increase that likelihood, although Jags haven’t been playing well no matter who is at QB.

• Like (+1) 2

Tannehill isn't the only Titan who wants to leave on a good note.  Vrabel is also probably on the way out, not because the Titans want him gone, but because he's considered a good candidate for open jobs elsewhere.  

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

My point is, shouldn't have to depend on others lifting your luggage if your capable. Just win baby!!!!

1 hour ago, 27yanks said:

My point is, shouldn't have to depend on others lifting your luggage if your capable. Just win baby!!!!

Of course. But you going to refuse help if someone else offer to lift your luggage? That's my point. 

• Agree 1

No. I fully expect the Steelers and Jags to win against teams with zero to play for. 

We are going to need to beat Miami tomorrow, and trust me, they are going to be hungry for the division title and the chance to knock us out of the postseason.  Hold onto your hats, boys. It's gonna be a wild one.

The Titans Oline is about as bad as it gets. The offense as a whole is terrible, and I wouldn't be shocked if their OC is let go...he's been horrendous. 

With Levis, he offers more mobility and can make some plays, but I see Jacksonville dominating them defensively. I also think Christian Kirk has been activated and their offense has enough weapons to put up points.

I don't see any way Tennessee wins this game

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I like Mike Vrabel.  My neighbors son coached with him on a staff and has nothing but nice things to say about him.

I like Doug Pederson also.  Both good coaches.  If he doesn't have Lawrence they definitely can lose the game.

If the titans are into it and can run the ball early there is no reason they can not win the game.

• Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, Gregg said:

I think the best chance for the Bills to clinch a playoff spot before Sunday night is with the Ravens. Their backups aren't bad, and they will play hard to knock out their hated rivals. I don't see the Jaguars losing to a bad Titans team especially if Lawrence is back.

This aged well. 

I lurked on some Titans boards, and a lot of the fans don't want to win this one. They want to draft an OL and feel a win will get in the way with that. Now I am wondering if Titans management feels the same way? 😑

I’ll be shocked if the Titans pull off the upset today. Very very little has gone the Bills way this year. They have had to earn every inch they’ve gotten so far this season. I don’t expect them to get this giant gift today from the Titans. Bills will need to win it on their own. Besides I want the two seed, being the 6 or 7 isn’t overly exciting. Just win. 

Edited by Billznut

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

Very very little has gone the Bills way this year.

That's not really true. We've actually had a lot of results go our way. A couple of weeks ago we got most of the results we needed, bar the Dolphins/Cowboys game. The Bills can't hide behind the bad luck excuse if they get dumped out the playoffs, it's their own fault for dropping games to ***** teams.

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

I’ll be shocked if the Titans pull off the upset today. Very very little has gone the Bills way this year. They have had to earn every inch they’ve gotten so far this season. I don’t expect them to get this giant gift today from the Titans. Bills will need to win it on their own. Besides I want the two seed, being the 6 or 7 isn’t overly exciting. Just win. 

What would be the most painful way for the Bills to miss the playoffs?  

Answer: Titans lose, and we know that prior to our game.  So we are focused and know we have to win (as players on the team and as fans).  We all know the stakes.  

Then: Miami vs. Buffalo game is tight, close, tense, and back and forth on the scoreboard. 

As the game progresses we can sense a Bills win, as we are X points ahead with Y minutes remaining.  But then, lightning strikes, we turn the ball over, Miami picks it up and runs 34 yards for a TD.  The game comes down to a FG kick by the Bills to win, but it's a 54 yarder and it sails wide...LEFT this time.  

The clock expires.  We lose, and in the span of 20 minutes in real time go from pretty sure we will be in the playoffs to being OUT of the playoffs...and calls for McDermott's head resume...

That lightning strike of "We are almost in boys!" to "My God, we are out of the playoffs" in a few minutes would be the most painful thing you can imagine...which is why it's likely to happen.  As a fan going back to the '70s, ask me how I know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.