Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

51 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Waddle said “he has a chance” to play.

Game time decision most likely. Mostert too

I'm guessing they'll play. I'm fine with that. If we beat a decimated Miami and then lose to them at full strength, that will suck. I'd rather beat them at "full" so there's no excuses. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

While this is true the post said they better not make the mistake again and make Jalen travel this time around. Also I'm not sure if you've noticed hardly anyone travels anymore

Sure. I don’t know if jalen is gonna travel. People are expecting it cause he did with Wilson when Howard was out against NYJ. That plus diggs roasting them in the first matchup is why the thoughts. I do think they played diggs wrong in the first game 

15 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Sure. I don’t know if jalen is gonna travel. People are expecting it cause he did with Wilson when Howard was out against NYJ. That plus diggs roasting them in the first matchup is why the thoughts. I do think they played diggs wrong in the first game 

He's actually begging the DC to let him travel. We shall see. It does make sense. I'd expect Gabe to roast Apple if that's the case

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I just like the energy here. Seems Dolphins and fans are dreading this game more than excited about it. 

Bills seem truly hungry and mean. I've honestly never felt this kind of aura around the team. 

I honestly think the Bills are going to win decisively. Not saying it will be a blowout. Nor is it just a "vibe". 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Pretty sure Waddle is going to play. Okne of the Dolphins reporters showed him at practice today and he looked good. He does get banged up a lot in games though. 

Even if he does there is a good chance he isn't effective and can't come out of his breaks cleanly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I hate AI "art" but this is kinda cool. I'm sitting here making a Bills drawing with a pencil "old school" but real. 

Good for you making a drawing. I loved that pic from NBC. I didn't realize they surfed in Miami. And Jimmy Spagnola thinks Josh surfed in California growing up, lol.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think that if Ken Dorsey had Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle the last two years he wouldn't have been fired and if McDaniel had Diggs and Gabe Davis the Dolphins would be limping to get a playoff spot.

It's like how Bill Belicheck got called a genius...and he was. I don't think Tom Brady wins as many Super Bowls together without that pairing. And it's not that Belicheck was bad the first few years without Brady, but ho boy was it evident that things weren't right.

I think McDaniel lucked into a not terrible offense mismanaged by Brian Flores (do you remember the Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tua rotation?), and then got an MVP candidate WR. I'd argue Kyle Shanahan is a genius equaling and exceeding McDaniel's success with Jimmy Garoppolo and Trey Lance and now Mr. Irrelevent Brock Purdy rather than the guy who once raised the cry "tank for Tua!"

That first is actually a very interesting question. 

Hill has always been a ridiculous Y/R guy - 14 last year, 15 this year.  But a lot of that has always been YAC.  Average over his career is 1/3 of his yards are YAC, but this season it's flirting with 40%.  He's thriving in a passing game that runs on quick decisions where to go with the ball, leaving him a lot of room for YAC.

So part of his success (and Waddle's, for that matter, that guy rocks 40% YAC last 2 years as well, 42% this season) is the QB's willingness to pull the trigger quickly on relatively short passes - "on time and on target".  One of the principal reasons the Bills offense is severely lacking in YAC is that whether by design or by inclination or both, Josh will look and look for the deep shot or the pass beyond the sticks.  By the time he takes the checkdown, if he does, the defense has closed in. 

Now = Josh learned to pull the trigger to Beasley, so maybe he could learn to get as much out of those guys, but...I don't think it's by any means a sure bet.

If McDaniel had Diggs and Gabe Davis only, for sure he'd be limping, but is it beyond the realm of possibility he might have been able to use Cook, Harty, Kincaid, and Knox in a more effective way?

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The last time we played the Dolphins with so much on the line to end the regular season, my kids were in attendance. If I talked like my daughter when I was a kid, my Dad would shove a 3pk of Lifebouy down my throat!

https://www.facebook.com/100045489641166/posts/pfbid02F2ThvbgjFXTAhak3zgUKPcbPbTiKTtx4155oLNo8VcPiPZ5kB5YeRC5dByUsrVhLl/?

That security guard looks ready to go to the mat with your son

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, chongli said:

Good for you making a drawing. I loved that pic from NBC. I didn't realize they surfed in Miami. And Jimmy Spagnola thinks Josh surfed in California growing up, lol.

Thanks!  Way back in the day I had an account on the Bills website message board and I'd post some of my art. Kinda got sick of the whole "tracing accusations" so I stopped sharing. Kinda caught traction with the players and such. I did some work for Stevie J and a few others. It was kinda cool. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

He's actually begging the DC to let him travel. We shall see. It does make sense. I'd expect Gabe to roast Apple if that's the case

One of my concerns is the Bills oline vs their pass rush. Lately, the Bills pass protection has been a little less effective. 

A Fangio D will likely not give up huge plays. I think Allen has to have good vision, be decisive, accurate, and beat the Dolphins with short quick passes. The WRs have to get some separation and catch the ball. 

Bills have to get TDs in the red zone. I believe the Bills are near the top in this category while the Dolphins D is near the back. 

Obviously, the Bills dline has to disrupt Tua's timing. Need big games from the pass rush. 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's from this year.  Greg Tompsett explained that guitar-shaped hotel just opened in 2019

They can run their little sign all they want. Heck wear emoji shirts again. It's not going to matter after Sunday night!!!  

(Attempting some positivity here)

On 1/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know I was joking a bit ago, but I am really annoyed by the Dolphins this year...or rather, I am annoyed at the amount of praise laid at their feet.

I think that while they are good, a lot of McDaniel's genius can be attributed to having an All Pro WR in Hill and a #2 in waddle that could be a starter on a lot of other teams. 

As a total smooth brained NFL outsider, I get the sense that McDaniel is a good coach and a good x and o’s guy. Whether he sticks around as HC forever, I don’t know. But I think it’s a little unfair to put all their success on their WR. They’re fairly well coached too. 

I think Tua is a tier 2 QB. Good but not great. Whatever tier Kirk Cousins is in. I think once they pay him and they can’t afford the weapons around him they’ll start to struggle a bit more. 

They gave us fits with Skylar last year. I think McDaniel could have some Shanahan lite in him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 7:39 PM, The Wiz said:

I'm still hilariously dumbfounded by everything I have seen in the media and on twitter. 

"Jalen Ramsey needs to shadow Diggs"

For some reason people don't realize how Diggs has played against Ramsey.

Curious if there’s some gamesmanship here. We know Allen/Diggs like to attack challenges like this.

I think it’s possible Miami says “Ramsey is watering at the mouth to take Diggs out of the game” to get this offense to go after their best defender early and often, taking some pressure off of Apple. 

8 hours ago, Steptide said:

The more I think about it, the more I think it's less likely the Ravens beat the steelers 

Honestly, I think it depends on if they’re actually preparing to win the game. I think the Ravens win this game if it’s some backups in week 12.

But I think they might be treating this like an extended bye and not put much on tape.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Honestly, I think it depends on if they’re actually preparing to win the game. 

But I think they might be treating this like an extended bye and not put much on tape.

A Ravens win and the Bills are in, lose and the Bills could possibly be out.  That could be incentive enough for them not to prepare....

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

As a total smooth brained NFL outsider, I get the sense that McDaniel is a good coach and a good x and o’s guy. Whether he sticks around as HC forever, I don’t know. But I think it’s a little unfair to put all their success on their WR. They’re fairly well coached too. 

I think Tua is a tier 2 QB. Good but not great. Whatever tier Kirk Cousins is in. I think once they pay him and they can’t afford the weapons around him they’ll start to struggle a bit more. 

They gave us fits with Skylar last year. I think McDaniel could have some Shanahan lite in him.

Mcdaniel is good at disguising the few concepts tua likes behind a ton of different formations/presnap motion.  They haven’t been fooling the better defenses in the league though…I think he’s a high floor low-ish ceiling kind of coach where he’s going to continue to beat up on bad teams and never pull off the winning streak against good teams needed to do anything in the playoffs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

A Ravens win and the Bills are in, lose and the Bills could possibly be out.  That could be incentive enough for them not to prepare....

I have a hard time believing the Ravens are thinking anything like that.  They are focused on the Steelers and they all want to win the game. You don’t get to the NFL by turning your competitiveness on and off like us fans do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mcdaniel is good at disguising the few concepts tua likes behind a ton of different formations/presnap motion.  They haven’t been fooling the better defenses in the league though…I think he’s a high floor low-ish ceiling kind of coach where he’s going to continue to beat up on bad teams and never pull off the winning streak against good teams needed to do anything in the playoffs 

It looks like the Dolphins will have more starters back the we had hoped for earlier in the week.

We are going to get their very best effort. 

I think many posters herw are underestimating how difficult this game will be.

I for one believe this game will be difficult for the Bills to win if we don't bring our "A" game.

The way we gave played recently, can anyone say with confidence that the Bills will play their best on Sunday night?

I am officially worried.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mango said:

Agree 100%.  McDaniels needs to win this game (and make a statement doing so) to cement his reputation as the new McVay/Shanny.  He needs to coach up the game of his life and I’m sure he know that.  We are gonna get their A game tomorrow night and had better be ready.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agree 100%.  McDaniels needs to win this game (and make a statement doing so) to cement his reputation as the new McVay/Shanny.  He needs to coach up the game of his life and I’m sure he know that.  We are gonna get their A game tomorrow night and had better be ready.

Joe Brady needs to win this game (and make a statement doing so) to build his reputation as an up and coming OC.

He needs to coach up the game of his life and I’m sure he knows that.  Miami needs to get our A game tomorrow night , and the O had better be ready.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It looks like the Dolphins will have more starters back the we had hoped for earlier in the week.

I for one believe this game will be difficult for the Bills to win if we don't bring our "A" game.

The way we gave played recently, can anyone say with confidence that the Bills will play their best on Sunday night?

I am officially worried.

Bills make Mafia sweat most every game.  Miami  wants to beat Buffalo so bad.  And to win the AFC East.  They will pull out every trick to win.  It will be a tough game.  
But Buffalo will win IMO.

We win sludgy, must win, games.  We play down to our weaker opponents, but go toe to toe, throwing haymakers, against the toughest opponents.

We are in win mode.  I want the Bills to bring the physicality big time this game. Beat the snot out of Miami!  

Ravens Patrick Queen said basically Miami quit fighting in second half.  The Bills are bringing hell!  

THE BILLS RUN THE EAST!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I have a hard time believing the Ravens are thinking anything like that.  They are focused on the Steelers and they all want to win the game. You don’t get to the NFL by turning your competitiveness on and off like us fans do. 

Ravens hate to lose. They even win preseason games

22 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am officially worried.

I concur. This is going to be a tough game. Dolphins are good, sorta healthy, well coached. 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

Ravens hate to lose. They even win preseason games

I concur. This is going to be a tough game. Dolphins are good, sorta healthy, well coached. 

Also, Tua realizes this could be his last chance to convince his management that he is worth a 9 figure extension.

He is going to be on top if his game. 

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bills make Mafia sweat most every game.  Miami  wants to beat Buffalo so bad.  And to win the AFC East.  They will pull out every trick to win.  It will be a tough game.  
But Buffalo will win IMO.

We win sludgy, must win, games.  We play down to our weaker opponents, but go toe to toe, throwing haymakers, against the toughest opponents.

We are in win mode.  I want the Bills to bring the physicality big time this game. Beat the snot out of Miami!  

Ravens Patrick Queen said basically Miami quit fighting in second half.  The Bills are bringing hell!  

THE BILLS RUN THE EAST!

GO BILLS!

Man, I hope you are right.

Sunday night can not get here quick enough.

8 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have a delema.

I haven't worn my Josh jersey for a game since the "13 seconds" playoff game in KC.

I am thinking of wearing it Sunday night.

Do I dare?

Animated GIF

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Also, Tua realizes this could be his last chance to convince his management that he is worth a 9 figure extension.

He is going to be on top if his game. 

Man, I hope you are right.

Sunday night can not get here quick enough.

Tua is getting paid regardless how the game goes tomorrow. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have a delema.

I haven't worn my Josh jersey for a game since the "13 seconds" playoff game in KC.

Do I dare?

At least it will be easy to find if you want to burn it 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I find that to be optimistic....probably 60% is about right.  I do think they'll make it and I think they'll beat Miami, but beating a playoff team on the road can't be super high odds and I think there's little chance Steelers or Jaguars lose.  The NYT calculator probably considers likelihood of Ravens beating Steelers based on their past performances but probably doesn't take into account that Ravens have clinched and won't play many of their starters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

39 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have a delema.

Do I dare?

My Thurman jersey is retired on game days due to Super Bowl losses and many important games the Bills lost, due to me wearing that jersey.  I’m sorry Bills Mafia

You are awesome 34! I will buy another 34 jersey.

That old jersey had some bad ju ju on gamedays.

Thats my long winded answer- Don’t temp fate, pick another jersey.  Rasul-Oliver-Bernard-Taron -etc- there are so many great Bills jerseys to choose from

Edited by Pete

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.