Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

51 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Nick Wright actually made a point I agree with today (among many I disagree with). 

He said if the Steelers lose Saturday, he expects the Bills will play significantly better Sunday knowing they're only playing for seeding.

But if Steelers win, the Bills having 24 hours digesting the added pressure will make them come out tight & play worse.

Leadership isn't as strong this year, and McDermott's voice may not be connecting like it once was. I also just believe Josh absorbs all the stress & chatter fans do. 

I actually think the opposite 

I could see this team being lax and putting forth a mediocre effort if they go into the game knowing they are in regardless

If their backs are against the wall, I think they come out ready to roll

• Agree 5

Notes from NFL Capsules Week 18 released today:

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2023 Football Information/Capsules/Week 18 Capsules.pdf

[bottom of document]

Buffalo:

"• BILLS can clinch AFC East division title for 4th-straight season with win. Tied for 2nd-longest active win streak in NFL (4 games).

• QB JOSH ALLEN totaled 213 yards (169 pass, 44 rush) & rushed for 2 TDs last week. Has rush TD in 9 of past 10 & in each of past 5. Can become 2nd QB in SB era with rush TD in 6 straight games & the 1st QB ever with 2+ rush TDs in 3 straight. Passed for 320 yards & had season-high 5 TDs (4 pass, 1 rush) vs. 0 INTs with career-best 158.3 rating in Week 4 meeting. Has 14 TDs (12 pass, 2 rush) vs. 0 INTs with 114.2 rating in his past 4 vs. Mia. Ranks tied-2nd in NFL with 15 rush TDs, tied with Jalen Hurts (2023) for most-ever by a QB in a season. Needs 53 pass yards for 4th-straight 4,000-yard season.

• RB JAMES COOK has 798 scrimmage yards since Week 10 (114 per game), 3rd-most in NFL. Had 77 scrimmage yards (48 rec., 29 rush) in Week 4 meeting. Is 1st Buf. RB with 1,500-yard season (1,515) since LeSean McCoy in 2017 (1,586).

• WR STEFON DIGGS is 3rd player ever with 100+ catches in 4+ straight seasons. Has 5+ catches in 6 of 7 road games this season. Had 6 catches for 120 yards & season-high 3 TDs in Week 4 meeting. Aims for his 4th in row on SNF with 85+ rec. yards.

• TE DALTON KINCAID (rookie) had career-high 87 rec. yards in Week 17. Ranks 2nd among rookie TEs with 66 catches & 589 rec. yards.

• S JORDAN POYER had 10 tackles last week, 3rd game this season with 10+ tackles. Needs 5 tackles for 3rd-career 100-tackle season.

• CB RASUL DOUGLAS had 2 INTs last week, incl. 40-yard INT-TD, 3rd-career TD. Has 4 INTs since joining Buf. in Week 9, tied 2nd-most in NFL over span.

• LB TERREL BERNARD had 10 tackles, 3 TFL & 2 sacks last week, 2nd-straight game with sack. Had FR in Week 4 meeting.

• DT ED OLIVER had sack & PD last week, 2nd-straight game with sack. Has PD in 3 of past 4. Had sack in Week 4 meeting."

Miami:

"• DOLPHINS can clinch 1st division title since 2008 with win. Lead NFL in total offense (409.2 yards/game) & scoring offense (30.1 points/game).

• QB TUA TAGOVAILOA passed for 237 yards & 2 TDs last week. Has 0 INTs & 90+ rating in 4 of past 5. Has 112.2 rating in 8 home games this season & can become 1st player ever with 90+ rating in 9 regularseason home games in a season. Has 103.6 rating over his past 3 starts vs. Buf. Needs 49 pass yards to join HOFer Dan Marino as only Mia. QBs ever with 4,500+ pass yards in a season & 2 TD passes to join Marino as only Mia. QBs ever with 30+ TD passes in a season.

• RB RAHEEM MOSTERT aims for his 6th in row with TD. Has TD in 7 of 8 home games this season. Ties for NFL lead with franchise-record 21 TDs (18 rush, 3 rec.) in 2023, 3rd-most by undrafted player in a season since 1967.

• RB DE’VON ACHANE led team with 137 scrimmage yards (107 rush, 30 ec.) & had rec. TD last week, 5th game this season with 100+ scrimmage yards & TD, tied with Jahmyr Gibbs for most among rookies. Rushed for 101 yards & 2 TDs in Week 4 meeting. Ties for lead among rookies with 10 TDs & ranks 4th with 936 scrimmage yards.

• WR TYREEK HILL has 5+ catches & 75+ rec. yards in 5 of past 6. Has 95+ rec. yards in 6 of 7 home games this season & rec. TD in 5 of 7. Leads NFL with career-high & franchise-record 1,717 rec. yards in 2023 & is 1st player ever with 1,700+ rec. yards in multiple seasons. Can become 7th player ever with 1,800-rec. yard season.

• WR CEDRICK WILSON had 3rd TD catch of season last week.

• DT ZACH SIELER had sack & 1st FF of season last week. Has sack in 5 of past 6 & in each of past 3. Has PD in 3 of past 4.

• DT CHRISTIAN WILKINS has TFL in 3 of past 4. Has career-high 8 sacks.

• CB JALEN RAMSEY has PD in 4 of 5 home games this season. Is 1 of 2 CBs (Rasul Douglas) with 3+ INTs in each of past 3 seasons."

This game coming up sorta gives me nostalgic feeling like the Kelly and marino days…. Buffalo vs Miami last game of the season for the division and playoffs it doesn’t really get much better than this…

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills will win the AFC East Division Sunday night the Bills defense is better than the Miami Dolphins in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Our defense is playing lights out considering all the injuries we’ve had on that side of the ball…. I’m pretty confident that will continue Sunday night in Miami…. Doesn’t look like Waddle is gonna play… We double Hill get pressure on Tua and we should walk away with the W

Sooooo, anyone else just hitting refresh here and scouring the internet for clues about this game like we’re Scooby freaking Do trying to solve a mystery?

As if some giant news (major injury, house fire, etc) wouldn’t be tweeted by Schefter immediately? 

As much as life is short, I could do without the next two days. 

Go Ravens

Go Titans

Go ACE inhibitor

Go bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Nick Wright actually made a point I agree with today (among many I disagree with). 

He said if the Steelers lose Saturday, he expects the Bills will play significantly better Sunday knowing they're only playing for seeding.

But if Steelers win, the Bills having 24 hours digesting the added pressure will make them come out tight & play worse.

Leadership isn't as strong this year, and McDermott's voice may not be connecting like it once was. I also just believe Josh absorbs all the stress & chatter fans do. 

I disagree. Bills are going into this week with a win & get the #2 seed mentality. They have a great opportunity to change the whole season around. I think we are going to play well. And if we play well we win. Predicting a Playoff Lenny call up. And he will have a roll. JA17 turns it around Sunday

@ScottLaw you’re such a dolt, “quietly” disagreeing with my posts yet offering nothing. I was right once again that the Bills were not dead, and I’m right that the Ravens aren’t “taking the day off” against the Steelers. Sitting Lamar for a QB with playoff experience isn’t throwing in the towel. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Anything to put the Bills in a negative light.  

Wright will pick against us every step of the way - and when we win, there will always be some reason unrelated to actually deserving the win.  I like the other guys on that show, but simply cannot watch it anymore.  He's trying to become the heir to Bayless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sooooo, anyone else just hitting refresh here and scouring the internet for clues about this game like we’re Scooby freaking Do trying to solve a mystery?

As if some giant news (major injury, house fire, etc) wouldn’t be tweeted by Schefter immediately? 

As much as life is short, I could do without the next two days. 

Go Ravens

Go Titans

Go ACE inhibitor

Go bills. 

Just have a strange whatever attitude this go round.  Don't feel like the Bills are playing well to do much noise in the playoffs, but who the heck knows.  Maybe they get in and go back to 2021 playoff Bills instead of how they have been playing.

21 minutes ago, eball said:

@ScottLaw you’re such a dolt, “quietly” disagreeing with my posts yet offering nothing. I was right once again that the Bills were not dead, and I’m right that the Ravens aren’t “taking the day off” against the Steelers. Sitting Lamar for a QB with playoff experience isn’t throwing in the towel. 

The Ravens are certainly taking the day off. Most, if not all, of their starters will be sitting.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, finn said:

I preferred Jake Kumerow. Dude seemed to catch everything thrown at him. By contrast, Sherfield has caught just 8 balls on 18 targets.

Factually, in 3 years in Buffalo, Kumerow had 7 receptions on 14 targets.  I guess that’s better than 8 receptions on 18 targets, but how is that “everything thrown at him?”

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

With all the injuries the Dolphins have, a Bills loss needs to be an automatic firing for McDermott.

It would mean Miami has officially passed us, as most pundits predicted preseason, so changes would be needed.

Edited by Governor

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Steelers are such a weird team. They look like they don't have an NFL offense then all of a sudden go into Seattle against a good team and seemingly score at will

It's been a weird season. We've seen this type of stuff all season.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

“ VividSeats projects that the split of fans at Sunday's game in Miami will be 52% to 48% in favor of the Bills. with an average resale price of $311.”

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bills-mafia-takeover-52-of-fans-attending-game-in-miami-projected-to-be-buffalo-bills-fans

I said it in a previous thread I think, Bills fans have some excitement to see the accomplishment of one hell of a snatching the division from the near complete collapse of the season, while Dolphins fans have to have a sense of dread of seeing something they've seen a lot against the Bills and the latest blow in their late season spiral.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Factually, in 3 years in Buffalo, Kumerow had 7 receptions on 14 targets.  I guess that’s better than 8 receptions on 18 targets, but how is that “everything thrown at him?”

It starts with that glorious catch he had for a touchdown, forgot which game, when Allen just rocketed it at him on a rope. Caught it effortlessly. If Sherfield did that, even once, he'd be carrying his weight. 

4 minutes ago, finn said:

It starts with that glorious catch he had for a touchdown, forgot which game, when Allen just rocketed it at him on a rope. Caught it effortlessly. If Sherfield did that, even once, he'd be carrying his weight. 

at Denver, I believe

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Awesome. 

The Dallas ref crew was 9-0 for Dallas before we played them. They called a very clean game against us. I don’t worry about what ref crew there is, they all suck

BTW, Tyreek in a boot on a Wednesday is not an insignificant thing. We’ve always done pretty well against him but if he’s hobbled even a little that’s a big advantage

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Josh is awesome.  Just read his quotes from yesterday’s media appearance and he’s giving the Fish nothing…textbook stuff for making sure there is no bulletin board material.  He even said “their crowd will be rocking, it’s a hostile environment we’re going into” — yeah, for them.  😂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh is awesome.  Just read his quotes from yesterday’s media appearance and he’s giving the Fish nothing…textbook stuff for making sure there is no bulletin board material.  He even said “their crowd will be rocking, it’s a hostile environment we’re going into” — yeah, for them.  😂

Weird comparison at first glance but Josh reminds me a bit of Derek Jeter in the way he handles being off the field.  Charms the media without really giving them anything, doesn’t insult the opposition, makes it about his teammates.  Dating a starlet and yet we know hardly anything about it.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, KCNC said:

Just have a strange whatever attitude this go round.  Don't feel like the Bills are playing well to do much noise in the playoffs, but who the heck knows.  Maybe they get in and go back to 2021 playoff Bills instead of how they have been playing.

You talking about the team with the longest active winning streak in the NFL? 

Or are you talking about the team whose defense has been downright stifling for the past month, allowing an average of under 300 total yards offense during that time? Taking the ball away at will? 

Closer look at the offense shows they are just a couple plays away execution wise from being absolutely explosive again. 

Or are you talking about a different team?

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Herc11 said:

I believe it really boils down to how his relationship is with Jim these days whether or not he'd even consider Buffalo

Are you talking about Pegula? Josh Allen? Beane?

Does one of them recognize what a moronic tool that Jim Harbaugh is?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Are you talking about Pegula? Josh Allen? Beane?

Does one of them recognize what a moronic tool that Jim Harbaugh is?

He is doing a good job with Michigan. He has them one win away from a national championship. He also took the 49ers to the Super Bowl. He can't be that much of a moron when it comes to coaching football. He may be an a-hole personality wise. That is a different story. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He is doing a good job with Michigan. He has them one win away from a national championship. He also took the 49ers to the Super Bowl. He can't be that much of a moron when it comes to coaching football. He may be an a-hole personality wise. That is a different story. 

He is a great recruiter, not a great coach, imo. As long as his talent is superior to his opponent's (i.e. SF, UM) it typically overcomes the multiple mistakes he regularly makes. Additionally, he is much better off in college where players have less power and only have to put up with his idiocy and attitude for 2-3 years.

Every pro job he ever takes will likely blow up in his face within 3-4 years when adults and professionals are done with his stupidity and self-important ignorance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.