Is Josh Hurt?

Virgil

5 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I use the eye test and my eyes say he’s neither involved or productive in the offense as of late.

I get that, but I also get the vibe the dude is just injured.  People were throwing Beasley under the bus a ton a couple years back and come to find out he was playing through a serious injury.  There’s definitely a reason he has been spotty on the field.  Sometimes it’s a massive 3rd down and in trots Sherfield.  There’s something going on.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chugga said:

I get that, but I also get the vibe the dude is just injured.  People were throwing Beasley under the bus a ton a couple years back and come to find out he was playing through a serious injury.  There’s definitely a reason he has been spotty on the field.  Sometimes it’s a massive 3rd down and in trots Sherfield.  There’s something going on.

I don’t doubt that. He doesn’t seem right for sure. He is our number 1 if he’s able to go he needs to “Be Him” he’s an elite player. I know he sees that the rest of our wideouts can’t separate  and now with Steelers win, we need to beat Miami to get in. I want to see him go apeshit in Miami next week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I don’t doubt that. He doesn’t seem right for sure. He is our number 1 if he’s able to go he needs to “Be Him” he’s an elite player. I know he sees that the rest of our wideouts can’t separate  and now with Steelers win, we need to beat Miami to get in. I want to see him go apeshit in Miami next week. 

Agreed.  This team plays to the level of its competition though.  Guarantee Diggs wants to put on a show against Ramsey and we already know what Josh does against Miami.  It’s either going to be the perfect get-right game going into the playoffs or the most painful billsy game we’ve maybe ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

He was awful. Hopefully it is injury.

then he took that hit at the end.  It was bound to happen the way they run him. 

somethingbis definitely wrong with Diggs.  

not good

Ta ***** was he awful. 2-3 bad throws. Made tons of plays w legs. 

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm beyond sick of his drama. Just show the hell up for once the 2nd half of this season.

I get a lot of his frustrations, but I hate how he handles them. It seems every time a game doesn't go his way, he takes to social media. I feel it's going to be a long off season with him.

• Agree 2

I think he's probably OK physically.  He might have a contusion in his left shoulder (bruise).  I think the whole offense had timing and sloppiness issues in the game.  Unfortunately, the Bills seem to play down to the level of lesser opponents.  They need to turn it up against Miami.  

8 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I get a lot of his frustrations, but I hate how he handles them. It seems every time a game doesn't go his way, he takes to social media. I feel it's going to be a long off season with him.

It's time to move on

46 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Diggs posted yet another cryptic story on IG today. It gets really old after a while.

If you were in the stadium and watched him closely both before and during the game, you know there is no indication that he's anything other than contented.

I think it's a combination of things.  

1.   Receivers aren't getting quick wins.  

2.   Oline seems to let a free rusher thru every pass play. 

3.  As a result of the 2 above josh isn't showing good mechanics.  Throwing off back foot and without his feet set or shoulders squared a lot.  

His issue is trust.  That's it. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

You've posted in like 3 different threads about an Instagram story.   There is nothing posted by him

All this whining after a WIN, holy christ.

Josh will be fine, Diggs is being Diggs (and by the way he got a couple of BIG first downs today), the team played with a two-score lead for much of the game, and they made the plays on both sides of the ball to lock down the win when they had to.

Calm down.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, BRH said:

All this whining after a WIN, holy christ.

Josh will be fine, Diggs is being Diggs (and by the way he got a couple of BIG first downs today), the team played with a two-score lead for much of the game, and they made the plays on both sides of the ball to lock down the win when they had to.

Calm down.

I mean think about the Eagles losing to the Cards today at home.  One of the worst teams in the NFL goes into Phily beats them and probably costs the Eagles the division. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I mean think about the Eagles losing to the Cards today at home.  One of the worst teams in the NFL goes into Phily beats them and probably costs the Eagles the division. 

And all these miserable people will take from that is "I can't believe we lost to the Eagles when ARIZONA beat them."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

And all these miserable people will take from that is "I can't believe we lost to the Eagles when ARIZONA beat them."

Yep, spot on. We're winning ugly, but we're winning, and they are all basically win or go home.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

As I said in the GDT, Diggs has fallen off the table.  I don’t see how we go into 2024 with him as WR1.  He’s a slot receiver at this point.  We need four new WRs next year.

You said it perfectly.  Shakir is the best we got right now.  Its really shocking what has happened to Diggs' play.  Lets hope our guys find a spark this week. 

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if he wasn't. he is now. but something was wrong with him today. terrible game. terrible.

A few of his decisions were evident of old Josh.  It worked out on the pitch to Shakir, but he was trying to pitch another time while in the grasp which ended up a fumble which fortunately they recovered.  He was off target on most of his throws 

Due to work yesterday I admittedly missed most of the Bills game and Allen's stats speak for themselves. But i watched the highlights of the "MVP Performance" of Lamar Jackson, and found that on his big throws yesterday for the most part he had PLENTY of time in the pocket to scan the field, with almost no pressure, sometimes throwing to receivers that were WIDE open..essentially just playing catch.  My understanding is that was not necessarily the case with Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Due to work yesterday I admittedly missed most of the Bills game and Allen's stats speak for themselves. But i watched the highlights of the "MVP Performance" of Lamar Jackson, and found that on his big throws yesterday for the most part he had PLENTY of time in the pocket to scan the field, with almost no pressure, sometimes throwing to receivers that were WIDE open..essentially just playing catch.  My understanding is that was not necessarily the case with Allen.

Josh was hurried a bit yesterday.  He did have quick options on several and failed to see the open guy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Josh is overrated.

So many consider him a top QB or even "mvp" but in reality he's not at that level. 

Inconceivable.  Plato, Socrates, NJK, ..  MORONS.

The only thing dumber than a land war in Asia, is messing with a Josh Allen when death is on the line…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yes I think he's hurt and yes I think he's doing his best to cover it up or play it down. His accuracy has been all over the map. And that final hit he took on his left shoulder won't help either. 

4 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

No, Josh had very little time or clean pockets yesterday. And other than occassionally Shakir, he had few open receivers.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Josh has been outplayed by Zappe, Mac Jones, Tyrod, Zack, Russell.

what the ***** is up with that?  ALARMING

Well, he’s been sitting on the bench while those guys were playing.  How’s that a Josh problem?

6 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Josh is overrated.

So many consider him a top QB or even "mvp" but in reality he's not at that level. 

He’s not overrated.  Josh himself has said he considers himself a football player. I think a lot of us think he’s the best football player in the NFL, he’s likely not the best QB.  I don’t love when Allen stands in the pocket stationary.  He seems slow to process sometimes, then throws an inaccurate pass at the last second or maybe has to ground it or get sacked.  I do love when Allen moves around and creates, gives himself options and sometimes scrambles. That’s Allen at his best.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Josh would’ve absolutely smoked the bills defense we started in NE to be fair.  

outplayed by zappe and his 3 ints? Lol I don’t think that’s true either 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Josh is overrated.

I think some of y’all only watch bills games…defenses have been disrupting qbs more than they have in recent memory all around the league. I think mahomes and Allen have a lot of parallels including struggling a bit this season because they don’t have a top tier oline and their main pass catching option seems like they’re playing injured 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, Pete said:

It’s not alarming in the slightest, it is a result of his “two best “ WRs playing hurt, Josh playing hurt as well, and lots of dropped passes as a result, it’s to be expected, fingers crossed these guy heal up quickly, 🤞 cause we need them in a big way!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The strange thing is that he was listed as having an injured shoulder UNTIL last week.  I heard one of the announcers say that Josh had been frustrated that he had been missing much more than he used to this year.  Seems the shoulder WAS bothering him but the implication was that it is feeling better now.  After the game, Josh apparently said that the ball didn't feel right in his hand and was coming out strangely.  Not sure what that is about.  Maybe they were underinflated? 😃

15 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

A few of his decisions were evident of old Josh.  It worked out on the pitch to Shakir, but he was trying to pitch another time while in the grasp which ended up a fumble which fortunately they recovered.  He was off target on most of his throws 

I don’t think he was trying to pitch it the second time, he was trying to reach the ball out across the first down marker when it was knocked out.....either way, still a dangerous decision.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Virgil said:

It’s hard to watch the Patriots game and think something is wrong with Josh, and it’s not just something mental.   

And no, I’m not just talking about the last hit he took.  

I used to count the amount of incomplete passes on one hand that was incomplete solely because of Josh, due to drops or whatever other circumstances.  His accuracy is way off.  

Josh is missing a ton of throws in a way that seems more than just being “off.”

So is he hurt?  And if so, when did it happen?

He hurt he right shoulder awhile ago.   He gas fought through it.

21 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Josh ran off the field at the end which would be good for collar  bone break or bruised 🤔

Time to hit the ice tank

You can run with a broken collar bone.

7 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Josh is overrated.

Yea that’s what I think as well. He makes a lot of wow plays. He also make a lot of mind numbningly bad plays. And he doesn’t make the routine play routinely. I think the last item is fixable. 

I also think the bills have never been close to being a legit Super Bowl contender. Looking at the eagles , sf , kc , Brady bucs , la rams…….. those teams had NUMEROUS impact all pro players. BOTH sides of the ball. 

we don’t / haven’t. Allen was all pro ONCE. Second team in 2020

we were/ are a historically losing / hopeless small market franchise that ascended quickly with an unlikely good qb 

it is what it is

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

He hurt he right shoulder awhile ago.   He gas fought through it.

You can run with a broken collar bone.

He’d probably be walking pretty strangely with a broken collarbone…obviously it doesn’t affect your legs moving though 😂. But I’d expect him to be holding his arm or noticeably favoring one shoulder 

• Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He’d probably be walking pretty strangely with a broken collarbone…obviously it doesn’t affect your legs moving though 😂. But I’d expect him to be holding his arm or noticeably favoring one shoulder 

I broke my collar bone playing football.  I played one more play before I took myself out.   Yiu do tend to hang the arm on the injured side.

20 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I agree,back to the green bay game.  He needs an entirely new offensive scheme and a couple WR's worth a damn.  

Totally agree with this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.