Is Josh Hurt?

Virgil

I don't get how some fans can watch Josh and not see something is off.  No its not the Pats D, the guy flat sucked today and there is something wrong.  It has been for awhile and it's getting worse.  

Diggs had all but disappeared.  Drops, not exploding off the ball... something is seriously wrong offensively.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

The whole passing offense has looked off for weeks.

With Diggs playing as an average WR are you surprised?  Without Diggs in elite mode what are we left with?  We don't have blazing speed and our WR's don't make very many great catches.  Did people happen to see OBJ's catch today against the Dolphins?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

With Diggs playing as an average WR are you surprised?  Without Diggs in elite mode what are we left with?  We don't have blazing speed and our WR's don't make very many great catches.  Did people happen to see OBJ's catch today against the Dolphins?  

Signing Higgins should be Beane's top priority this offseason

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I don't get how some fans can watch Josh and not see something is off.  No its not the Pats D, the guy flat sucked today and there is something wrong.  It has been for awhile and it's getting worse.  

Diggs had all but disappeared.  Drops, not exploding off the ball... something is seriously wrong offensively.

I know I sound like a broken record but the problem with the Bill's O is that for the last few years it has been treated like the proverbial red headed step child.  The lions share of FA money and draft capitol has flowed to the D.  This past year things started to change with the Bills taking Kincaid (a budding superstar) and Torrenze with the 1st & 2nd picks but in FA the Bills were in serious bargain hunting mode on O and it shows.

Look at the Chiefs, as Kelsey, much like Diggs, falls back into average territory and KC's long shot signings haven't panned out Mahomes is looking very ordinary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Passes that seemed effortless, seem to require him to really put his body into it. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is true.

Sherfield is what he is - a good blocker and ST guy who can play #3 WR.  That works only if you have a good  #1 and a #2

I just watched the guys Lamar Jackson was throwing to and I don’t see either separation or focus/ability to complete the catch from our guys

Sherfield is nowhere near a #3 reciever.  He's a 5 or 6 at best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

With what money? They can't even keep what they have. Those bad contracts are hitting now. 

Very true. 

Beane has lots of work to do and tough decisions to make, 

https://www.newsweek.com/buffalo-bills-monday-night-football-salary-cap-nfl-1843524#:~:text=Cap Space Could Affect the Bills' Future&text=According to OvertheCap's numbers%2C Buffalo,cap is pegged at %24256%2C000%2C000.

Ya know what I’m tired of seeing… the opposing team, with a scrub QB and average WR, make 1 or 2 amazing pin point perfect, over the shoulder, draped in coverage reception.   Why do our WRs never seem to make these amazing catches?   

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He was also running for his life.  Pressure up the middle is the worst kind of pressure for any QB.  The interior O line better up its game as today they did not run or pass block well.

OL was really disappointing today.  We should come out running. That seems to get the OL established or in a rhythm. We also may need a Moree replacement next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you payed attention to last week’s broadcast during the replay of Davis touchdown catch Collinsworth made a reference to Josh playing with a bad shoulder.  He has been playing through pain for a while.  I suspect it was a hit in the Giants game.

Edited by ChrisWatson#21

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Our receivers as a group do not get any consistent separation. They also drop a lot of passes.  Sherfield should not be on an NFL field.  He is terrible.  Kincaid and Shakir are our two best threats right now.  Diggs and Davis did not do much today.  And Knox was invisible.  Josh wasn’t great by any stretch.  But the entire receiving corps needs a major overhaul in the offseason.  

As I said in the GDT, Diggs has fallen off the table.  I don’t see how we go into 2024 with him as WR1.  He’s a slot receiver at this point.  We need four new WRs next year.

The thing about a shoulder is both sides effect the throwing motion as does pain in either side.

For years, some on here, including me have been stating that Josh needs to be used judiciously in the run game. 
    I stated earlier this year that his balls didn’t appear to have the same zip on them. Today was an absolute example of John having major problems throwing the ball from a physical standpoint.

I hope it is just superficial pain and injury but it might not be.

The NFL takes a toll and coaches choose what’s best for them . 

I don't see anything that would suggest an injury is effecting Allen's play. He just played like a** today. 

Diggs is the real question. He played 60% of snaps last week. And then today on the first drive to open the second half did not play a single snap. Something is going on there. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

These threads crack me up. Five game win streak which Josh has lead the team on and everyone is like JoSH sUCKs BaILeY ZApPe bETtEr DuRRrr

Where is anyone saying Baley Zappe is better?  I’m not saying you didn’t see it here - I’m continuously surprised by what people say here - but I mean, the guy threw 3 interceptions, that’s not good.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Want to say his original shoulder injury happened around the (infernal, blasted) London game?

And he pretty clearly injured his non-throwing shoulder on that game-clinching 1st down run this afternoon, too.

Negative on London.  It was the Giants game.  After that, Josh appeared on the injury report “right shoulder” every week until this past week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26TrapDraw said:

We expected Diggs to “Ball out” today and he was invisible…..again

That’s a lot of quotes.  Anyways I don’t know you can stay pessimistic if you want but I’d prefer to stay positive.  This team is 1 win away from the 2 seed in the playoffs.  If you think Diggs is cooked that’s up to you but he was about a foot or 2 away from a 91 yard TD today.  So I’m going to hope they clean that up.

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

We need four new WRs next year.

I would keep Diggs, Shakir is here, and on a cheap contract.  I don't think we are going to be drafting high enough to get one of the "elite" WR's.  Beyond that we need 3 journeymen, given our cap issues.  Hoping Kincaid continues his growth, as he gives Josh a bit of a cheat code.

9 minutes ago, Chugga said:

That’s a lot of quotes.  Anyways I don’t know you can stay pessimistic if you want but I’d prefer to stay positive.  This team is 1 win away from the 2 seed in the playoffs.  If you think Diggs is cooked that’s up to you but he was about a foot or 2 away from a 91 yard TD today.  So I’m going to hope they clean that up.

I don’t care about the glass half full or empty stuff. I just need our number 1 receiver to have production like he used to.

Edited by 26TrapDraw

3 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I don’t care about the glass half or empty stuff. I just need our number 1 receiver to have production like he used to.

It’s naive to key in solely on production.  If Josh takes a yard off on one of his throws you can add 91 yards and a TD to his total today.  If Josh adds a yard or 2 onto another one of his throws that goes into a patriots defenders back then you can add on another 40 or so yards to his total.  Last week if Josh puts another 2 yards on that interception Diggs is likely gone on a 70 yard TD.

It’s not a 1 way street.  They aren’t clicking down field.  But in both games when Josh needed yards on key 4th quarter drives guess where he goes and guess who converts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chugga said:

It’s naive to key in solely on production.  If Josh takes a yard off on one of his throws you can add 91 yards and a TD to his total today.  If Josh adds a yard or 2 onto another one of his throws that goes into a patriots defenders back then you can add on another 40 or so yards to his total.  Last week if Josh puts another 2 yards on that interception Diggs is likely gone on a 70 yard TD.

It’s not a 1 way street.  They aren’t clicking down field.  But in both games when Josh needed yards on key 4th quarter drives guess where he goes and guess who converts.

I use the eye test and my eyes say he’s neither involved or productive in the offense as of late.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.