Von INACTIVE vs Patriots, Coach's Decision

Process

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I’ll throw out 2 thoughts: 

1. McD probably expects the Patsies game plan to be run, run and run some more.  Given the state of their QB and WRs, that’s a decent guess.  Hence, he wants big guys up front.  

I'd agree with this but sitting Joseph for Ford doesn't make sense if that's the plan.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'd agree with this but sitting Joseph for Ford doesn't make sense if that's the plan.

I don't think Ford will get that many snaps.  Might as well reward him for playing well last week and let Joseph, who is older, rest up for Miami.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Process said:

It's about damn time. 

About damn time is right!

He's been really useless this year and actually a net negative taking snaps from pretty much any other rusher on the team.

He's 72 years old tomorrow. Let's give him another off-season to rehab (not like we have a choice, his dead cap number next year I think is something like 1.2 billion)

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You'd have to think that meant Daquan is really up and going for that to happen, but still I thought he was the better player than Poona unless I'm missing something, don't know why we wouldn't want both of them playing.

And they must like what Poona did last week

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

I’ll throw out 2 thoughts: 

1. McD probably expects the Patsies game plan to be run, run and run some more.  Given the state of their QB and WRs, that’s a decent guess.  Hence, he wants big guys up front.  

2. He needs to light a fire under Von.  It’s no secret Von has been underwhelming since his return back in week 5, is it?   That’s too much playing time and no production. 

If that’s true, you have Joseph active and make Ford inactive. 

20 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

We don't know the details.  Maybe Joseph tweaked something during warmups, or he is feeling ill.

Something for the press to ask after the game.  They won't, but they should.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

You'd have to think that meant Daquan is really up and going for that to happen, but still I thought he was the better player than Poona unless I'm missing something, don't know why we wouldn't want both of them playing.

Yeah, I don’t get that either.

Wow. Slightly surprised they are going with Kingsley Jonathan in that timeshare with Shaq as DE4. He does give you a bit on special teams though, so maybe that is the thinking too. 

Brave call. I expeceted them to play it slightly more conservatively and to be honest think I would have done. 

58 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Could be a veteran rest thing🤔 

He has been on veteran rest every single game he has played in.  If you call his performances on the field this year anything but coasting then I don't know what to tell you.   The votes are in!!!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

He has been on veteran rest every single game he has played in.  If you call his performances on the field this year anything but coasting then I don't know what to tell you.   The votes are in!!!

giphy.gif

I actually wasn't referring to Von probably should have been more clear

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.