FREE POONA FORD

Pete

Poona makes plays the few times he gets chances.  Poona had a huge sack against San Diego, and he set up Oliver on another.

Yet Poona has been inactive most of this season.  What is up with that?

I am no scout, but IMO Poona splashes and outplays Settle and Phillips.  Poona moving up depth chart is a no brainer IMO

Why isn’t Poona active every game?

Merry Christmas 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

Poona makes plays the few times he gets chances.  Poona had a huge sack against San Diego, and he set up Oliver on another.

Yet Poona has been inactive most of this season.  What is up with that?

I am no scout, but IMO Poona splashes and outplays Settle and Phillips.  Poona moving up depth chart is a no brainer IMO

Why isn’t Poona active every game?

Merry Christmas 

Those are some bold statements!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Settle and Poona are one tech, Phillips and Oliver are 3 tech, Poona should see more time then Settle in my opinion. But when Daquan gets back he is the starting one tech, guys a savage and a game changer 

Phillips had been our starting 1T since the Miami game (until he got hurt!.  He’d also play some 3 (and IS a 3T based on ability).  As the games go on they’ve been switching up some player combinations.

seems to me like Settle should be the healthy scratch when Daquan comes back.  At that point, we’ll more or less have 3 1T and 1 3T until Phillips returns. If he returns.  Maybe we’ll see more Rousseau rushing from the inside when daquan comes back.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't know what football some of you have been watching, he played two solid games before he was deactivated and this past game he was monster for us.  Two huge pass pressures, the more impressive one out of the two was one of the plays where Oliver got the sack.  Poona did a great spin move, beat his guy cleanly and forced the QB to run right into Oliver's arms.    Plus he had another run stuff right at the line of scrimmage, I think I saw him make more plays this game than Settle had made all year.    

Poona was a really good player with Seattle and the past three games he's suited up he's played well.  He should be starting until Daquan comes back.

• Like (+1) 1

Back not all that long ago there was a Chinese restaurant on Monroe Ave in Rochester/Brighton called the house of Poon…, 

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Did they have take out or only eat in?

Both 😁👍

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Phillips had been our starting 1T since the Miami game (until he got hurt!.  He’d also play some 3 (and IS a 3T based on ability).  As the games go on they’ve been switching up some player combinations.

seems to me like Settle should be the healthy scratch when Daquan comes back.  At that point, we’ll more or less have 3 1T and 1 3T until Phillips returns. If he returns.  Maybe we’ll see more Rousseau rushing from the inside when daquan comes back.  

Yeah I noticed Phillips out there next to Oliver as the 1 tech which was cool. Didn’t Phillips play mostly 1 tech in Arizona? 

Has Rousseau played from the inside this year at all? I can’t remember seeing him there. Would be nice to have him all over the D-line, offenses def need to account for him 

32 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Yeah I noticed Phillips out there next to Oliver as the 1 tech which was cool. Didn’t Phillips play mostly 1 tech in Arizona? 

Has Rousseau played from the inside this year at all? I can’t remember seeing him there. Would be nice to have him all over the D-line, offenses def need to account for him 

From my memory- Phillips was always hurt in Az and I don’t remember ever seeing him play.

pretty sure I recall Rousseau playing some inside at the start but I could be wrong.  

I think now could be a good time as we might be down a legit 3T (while having 4 1Ts in daquan, Joseph, settle and Poona).  Having Floyd, Von, Aj and Shaq at DE along with Rousseau could allow more versatility.  

just a thought 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He's had 122 defensive snaps.

One hurry. One sack, three pressures Five solo tackles and four assists. One tackle for loss. Two QB hits.

That's the basic reason, I think. He hasn't been impressive when he had chances. He's stuck out a few times but not often enough. He looked good in camp, but hasn't shown much since.

55 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He's had 122 defensive snaps.

One hurry. One sack, three pressures Five solo tackles and four assists. One tackle for loss. Two QB hits.

That's the basic reason, I think. He hasn't been impressive when he had chances. He's stuck out a few times but not often enough. He looked good in camp, but hasn't shown much since.

Does Settle have better stats through any 122 snaps played?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.