Week 16, Bills v. WVs - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

San Diego/LA has been a house of horrors for the Bills. I believe we haven't beaten the Chargers on the road since 1981

The last 6 road matchups against them have been

Loss by 33

Loss by 2

Loss by 3

Loss by 38

Loss by 27

Loss by 30

And the fact that it's a short week on the west coast to a team that has just made a head coaching change and may be ready to play hard, this could be a difficult game. We should win but I am just slightly nervous about it. I hope we come out on fire

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chargers 51

Bills 3

The emotional rollercoaster takes a turn down the hill as the Chargers players show up for their interim coach.  Cook can't shake the flu he was feeling and Josh forgets how to pass from the prior week.  Diggs continues with the drop yips and Davis tries to block through a catch.  All other AFC contenders win and the Bills playoff hopes drop to 3%.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

San Diego/LA has been a house of horrors for the Bills. I believe we haven't beaten the Chargers on the road since 1981

The last 6 road matchups against them have been

Loss by 33

Loss by 2

Loss by 3

Loss by 38

Loss by 27

Loss by 30

And the fact that it's a short week on the west coast to a team that has just made a head coaching change and may be ready to play hard, this could be a difficult game. We should win but I am just slightly nervous about it. I hope we come out on fire

We won the season opener against the Rams there last year

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Would LIKE to see Bills play well in at least 3 quarters of football, get a big lead in first half, not 17-7 but more like 24-3, and then continue in the 3rd qtr. and get up like 38-10 and then have Josh sit out the 4th qtr.    Bills should not treat this game lightly at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Chargers 51

Bills 3

The emotional rollercoaster takes a turn down the hill as the Chargers players show up for their interim coach.  Cook can't shake the flu he was feeling and Josh forgets how to pass from the prior week.  Diggs continues with the drop yips and Davis tries to block through a catch.  All other AFC contenders win and the Bills playoff hopes drop to 3%.

We won the season opener against the Rams there last year

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the game. That was also was the opening game of the year against the defending Super Bowl champions. Kind of different situations

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Bills 44, Chargers 8

A safety? Have the Bills given up a safety since drafting Allen? 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Bills pull 1st and 2nd string early in the 3rd Q, so no running up the score too bad—plus a late garbage time TD for the Bolts, gives us a final of 38-10, Bills cruise again. 

So the cowboys game all over again? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

Would LIKE to see Bills play well in at least 3 quarters of football, get a big lead in first half, not 17-7 but more like 24-3, and then continue in the 3rd qtr. and get up like 38-10 and then have Josh sit out the 4th qtr.    Bills should not treat this game lightly at all.

Agreed. Chargers may have quit last week but that also just cost them coach and GM along with a massive amount of embarrassment. They are going to at least come out and play to show that they are something which is always dangerous. It is why I have Buffalo winning 27-16, I think Chargers hand around enough as guys like Mack and some other vets aren't going to settle after last week and play with some true pride. As long as Buffalo is focused their fine, but there is no toss up.

• Like (+1) 2

Seems like your typical "trap game," though I know some people don't believe in that concept.

Bills also haven't defeated the Chargers on the road since the 80's, or at least I heard that somewhere & am too lazy to confirm 😅

If the offense is well-balanced & commits to the run, it could mitigate a lot of the risk. If we try & air it out, there's more chances for Josh turnovers or WR drops stalling drives. And as is typical with those types of games, undisciplined play & penalties tend to start piling up to compound the situation.

But hopefully, all the above is just PTSD from an overly experienced Bills fan! 🤞

Result: Bills 27 - 16

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.