Taylor Rapp=Leonard Smith?

Toledo Bill

Rapp has not received a lot of love here but his style of play (along with Dotson and others) contributed to the hardest hitting Bills defense I have seen in a long, long time. This aggressive style may lead to some mistakes but is a welcome change… the Cowboys could not wait to get out of the stadium last night.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

The guy is an undisciplined moron, a dirty af player, and a liability in pass coverage. He hits hard and occasionally makes a good play which is great, but he's out there trying to end guys careers. That hit on Dak, as he was sliding, was ridiculous. We were lucky that martin got flagged.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 9
  • Agree 16
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

46 Leonard Smith is one of my all time favorite Bills. 

Taylor Rapp is late to plays and takes personal fouls when QBs are sliding.  Stupid and dirty.

zero comparison.  Please don’t ever use Leonard Smith and Rapp in the same sentence 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Taylor Rapp is late to plays and takes personal fouls when QBs are sliding.  Stupid and dirty.

zero comparison.  Please don’t ever use Leonard Smith and Rapp in the same sentence 

Ok, I’ll  try to not use them in the same sentence. I loved Leonard Smith, also (by the way, as great as he was, he had a bit of a bad reputation, too). 
Maybe I didn’t do a good job of making a point… what I was trying to convey is that I can’t remember a game during this regime where our defense hit any harder or played in a more “swarming” style. I feel that Rapp contributes to that.

That said, your points are well taken.

• Like (+1) 4

I agree dude lays the lumber. I said all off season that the D will be more nasty not only because the play calling,  but taking on the identity of the DC, who is way more intense than the laid back Frazier and that intensity is translating on the field 

Douglas too. This D has that killer instinct 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The guy is an undisciplined moron, a dirty af player, and a liability in pass coverage. He hits hard and occasionally makes a good play which is great, but he's out there trying to end guys careers. That hit on Dak, as he was sliding, was ridiculous. We were lucky that martin got flagged.

So was Leonard Smith😎

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Dude has got to stop hitting people after the play. I swear he doesn’t see uniform color and just wants to label someone, even if it’s his own player.

I can’t  believe the coaches allow him on the field after he does it for the 4th, 5th time of the game!

Who did he friendly fire yesterday? 

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

WTF ARE YOU SMOKING???

Dude there is not a guy out there trying to end a career of another player. No way, no how. Injure them, remove them from the game or make them rethink catching a ball? Maybe. But to end a career is far fetched. 

Guy is a physical player, one we saw for decades in the backfields of teams prior to rule changes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shultz was a hitter. I liked that. This guy reminds me of a slightly more reckless Poyer though. I almost don’t want to say it because of what happened later on but I used to really like the way Hamlin played. He was really physical and absolutely reckless….then the worst happened ironically on a pedestrian play.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

If Leonard Smith played today he'd be public enemy #1. He's not the only one of that era (Check Cecil comes to mind), it's just that the position and what is allowed has changed. The hit on Shakir was flagged and was very much just good defense in Leonard's day.

• Like (+1) 1

To hold the highest scoring offense in the NFL to 3 points for the majority of the game was stellar the TD was just so Dak could save face & by that time the game was in hand so i think they took their foot off the gas a bit . 

If the Bills play like this every team they face won't look forward to it at all !! 

No matter how good the D is there will still be the haters here that will catch some little something that McD does to want him gone even though he has the D playing like this . 

Beane brining in the likes of Rapp, Joseph, Rasul, is nothing short of genius to give McD some players to help where others have been injured . I can only imagine this D if Jones & Millano could still be on the field and Von was 100% . OMG !!! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Or maybe not lucky.  Anyone else think Rapp pulled quite the "Soccer Flop" right in front of the ref when Martin bumped him?  He sold it.

Baldy is all about what Martin did, but I thought he cost the 'Boys.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Are you misremembering his career? Leonard Smith was notorious for hitting ballcarriers after they had already taken a few steps out of bounds. Having a guy like that in the secondary is frustrating, but it keeps opposing skill position players nervous, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Pete said:

46 also had great haircuts 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Every season must have a 90s team parallel.  Let’s not stop there every player has a 90s team parallel too.  Can’t wait for the SB losses. 

A very uniquely Bills thing to do.

I wonder if the Vikings fans are like "Danielle Hunter reminds me of Carl Eller, who famously also lost a lot of Super Bowls!"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Who did he friendly fire yesterday? 

He didn’t. People just have short memories because it’s happened like 3 times this year. So now any chance they get they want to chit talk him as much as possible. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

FOUND HIM! I found the guy that always looks for something negative.. the REALLLLLY fun guy at parties.

(Rapp didn't even touch Dak, btw)

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He hit Dak hard but it did look like he tried to pull up…Dak looked like he was gonna fight for more yards and rapp kind of pushed him backwards which made it look like a slide

im sure Dallas was over there telling their guys the same thing…if josh is gonna fight for yards rushing the football hit him as hard as you can 

this is just a weird board sometimes…I’ve read the ‘were a finesse team that can’t play against a physical defense’ complaint over and over but when our defense absolutely flies all over the field making huge hits we also complain?

if you’re hitting guys hard you’re destined to get a few of those unlucky ‘hit on a defenseless receiver’ and ‘hitting a qb hard that hasn’t quite started sliding yet’ type plays 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.