Tyreek Hill questionable vs Jets (now listed as inactive)

Gregg

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

The weather in Miami at kickoff is calling for heavy rain and 30 MPH winds. Slipping around on a wet field won't help. If this turns into a muck it up type of game that favors the Jets with their defense. Plus, the Dolphins speed gets minimized on a slippery field.

All true, and the storm coming tomorrow and Sunday seems somewhat significant.  I’ve lived here so long after growing up in Hamburg, I never fret over it.  It just means I’ll get a lot of Amazon prime mixed with hopefully at least one gym workout this weekend.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

The weather in Miami at kickoff is calling for heavy rain and 30 MPH winds. Slipping around on a wet field won't help. If this turns into a muck it up type of game that favors the Jets with their defense. Plus, the Dolphins speed gets minimized on a slippery field.

If they had a D0me they would not have an issue with field but it would eliminate advantage during hot weather.

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

The X factor here is Wilson. Can he repeat what he did in the 2nd half last week or will he go back to playing horribly. If he can play like the 2nd half of from last week then an upset is a very real possibility.

This kid is going to go to a functional Organization and they’re going to make him into a viable QB. He obviously has processing issues. Somebody is going to fix that. Hope it’s in the NFC😃.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Jets are actually still alive as they can get to 9-8.   If Wilson can just play OK, they have a chance to win in Miami

Dolphins just lost to the Titans at home.  Of course the Jets have a chance.  Their defense is elite and capable of making anybodys day miserable.  I can’t wait to watch them getting at Tua.

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well Maybe Milano being on IR is part of reason.

Tua Tagovailoa has been sacked 22 times this season.

That made me curious, and it looks like 24 QB’s have been sacked more than Tua. Sam Howell is the leader at 58. YIKES!  Josh and Mahomes are slightly behind Tua at 18 sacks, but only because of some kind of magic I cannot begin to fathom. 

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

sure "Dolphins could literally take the next three games off, and still win the division by just beating us" is technically true if we were to also lose out.... but why make this point lol youre essentially just saying they have a lead

No, even if we win out and they lose out (to go into week 18 with 1 more win than them), week 18 is still for the division title due to tiebreakers.  Because of their current lead, nothing that happens between now and week 18 secures the division title for us without playing week 18.

Just now, Augie said:

How about we just add 3 wins to the only team from NY? I kinda like the sound of that. 

Yes of course....Dallas is going to be a tough task IMO....but they cant possibly mess up against NE & Chargers??  Gonna come down to final week for the division...We have their number as always plus the fish dont like to beat teams above 500

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He shouldn't have kept playing on it against the Titans that was obvious in the game despite the plays he made when he went back in. The way he kept holding himself back out wasn't good. I absolutely wouldn't be shocked if they didn't shoot him up and have him out there though, which could backfire tremendously.

They trotted Tua’s corpse out there last year after multiple concussions. It’s the Dolphin way. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Weird take, probably the only person looking at it this way. They essentially have a 1 game lead over us because we do play them week 18.... and they have a gauntlet of a schedule, which we are just now exiting... and theyre heading into the most critically banged up.

sure "Dolphins could literally take the next three games off, and still win the division by just beating us" is technically true if we were to also lose out.... but why make this point lol youre essentially just saying they have a lead

you ever turn on start of 4th Q NBA.... the Heat are beating Clippers by 1pt.... "THE HEAT COULD TAKE THIS ENTIRE QUARTER OF, MISS EVERY BASKET, AND STILL BEAT THE CLIPPERS" .......well sure, if both teams forfeit the quarter, thatd happen

Dolphins have no choice but to push that putrid lil s*** #10 out there.... this might be the last game this year they arent underdogs in.  If i were them id be pushing him to grind through this game, with the promise of vet rest and maybe sitting out following week vs DAL

That’s a lot of snark for someone who doesn’t understand math or tie breakers

We’re in this weird situation where even if Miami loses the next 3 and we win the next 3 week 18 is still for the division but it would def feel nice to be officially back in control of our own destiny if the dolphins lose and we win this week 

that jets and/or pats game(s) killed us lol

They’ve got us on division record if we split the h2h even if they lose to the jets 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Dolphins could literally take the next three games off, and still win the division by just beating us.  Crazy every time I consider that.  We just gotta keep winning at this point.

Def true but missing the playoffs altogether is back in play for them if they lose out which would be kind of glorious

😂.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Weird take, probably the only person looking at it this way. They essentially have a 1 game lead over us because we do play them week 18.... and they have a gauntlet of a schedule, which we are just now exiting... and theyre heading into the most critically banged up.

you ever turn on start of 4th Q NBA.... the Heat are beating Clippers by 1pt.... "THE HEAT COULD TAKE THIS ENTIRE QUARTER OF, MISS EVERY BASKET, AND STILL BEAT THE CLIPPERS" .......well sure, if both teams forfeit the quarter, thatd happen

Dolphins have no choice but to push that putrid lil s*** #10 out there.... this might be the last game this year they arent underdogs in.  If i were them id be pushing him to grind through this game, with the promise of vet rest and maybe sitting out following week vs DAL

Sorry, but he is right and you got it wrong here as crazy as that sounds.

If Bills win out, they will be 10-6 and 3-2 in the division heading into week 18 against the Fins.  

If Miami also loses out they will be 9-7 heading into week 18 against the Bills with a 3-2 divisional record also.

So Bills could win their next 3 and Miami could lose their next 3 and Miami would still win the division with a week 18 victory over Bills because they would both finish the season 10-7 but Miami would end up 4-2 in the division with that win and Bills would end up 3-3 giving Miami the tie breaker.

There is no possible path for the Bills to win the division without also beating Miami week 18. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

No, you don't get it. The Dolphins can lose the next 3 while the Bills can win the next 3.  The Dolphins would still win the division by beating us in the last game.  The Bills don't also have to lose out.  To win the division, beating the Dolphins is a must.

9 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

This game will come down to the RBs, Hall and Cook vs Mostert and Achane.

Achane is also beat up.  As is Miami's oline.  They may be on to a center that they just signed.

• Like (+1) 1

Long ways away, but if the Bills win out and the division title is on the line at that Dolphins game, they're going into Miami and they're going to commit assault.  I've not been more confident of an outcome all season.

As for the Dolphins-Jets...didn't the Dolphins lose their starting center last week?  And so some backup is blocking whom?  Quinnen Williams?  What on earth could go wrong for the Dolphins in that scenario?

• Like (+1) 4

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Whatever this means.. 

Depends upon how the hand is presented, it's either European for 🖕🏽, or ☮️

20 hours ago, Gregg said:

image.png?ex=658ef458&is=657c7f58&hm=8bc

A Jets upset and a Bills win would be an early Christmas present for Bills fans.

I am disappointed nobody's sang

🎵In the evening we can build a schnowman🎶

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Whites Bay said:

Long ways away, but if the Bills win out and the division title is on the line at that Dolphins game, they're going into Miami and they're going to commit assault.  I've not been more confident of an outcome all season.

As for the Dolphins-Jets...didn't the Dolphins lose their starting center last week?  And so some backup is blocking whom?  Quinnen Williams?  What on earth could go wrong for the Dolphins in that scenario?

They might lose their backup C this week too.  They just signed two guys off hte street.  Also there were 2 or 3 other linemen banged up as well.

Edited by Scott7975

Drama queen this guy. 

Always dinged, injured, limping, misses series, play by play spew on injury dominates game, camera pans to concerned fans and Hill on sideline, miraculously emerges unscathed to a roaring crowd as if he drank some holy water.

He’s fine and will play. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/15/2023 at 12:37 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

Dolphins could literally take the next three games off, and still win the division by just beating us.  Crazy every time I consider that.  We just gotta keep winning at this point.

Yes. But under that scenario, the Bills could take the next two games off and still win the division simply by beating NE and Miami.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yes. But under that scenario, the Bills could take the next two games off and still win the division simply by beating NE and Miami.

Right, but we don’t know whether Miami is going to lose their next three or not, so we just have to go out and win each game at a time.  It’s just crazy for me to consider that to win the division, all Miami has to do is beat us of their four remaining games.  On the other hand, we need to make up at least one game on them and then beat them.

6 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Drama queen this guy. 

Always dinged, injured, limping, misses series, play by play spew on injury dominates game, camera pans to concerned fans and Hill on sideline, miraculously emerges unscathed to a roaring crowd as if he drank some holy water.

He’s fine and will play. 

Yep, agreed I think he will play. The only way I see him not playing is if Miami is cocky enough to think they can beat the Jets without him.  Hill is a lot like Mahomes with acting like he’s hurt but then miraculously he’s always out there.  Mahomes has been doing this the past couple seasons. 

On 12/16/2023 at 2:30 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

There is no possible path for the Bills to win the division without also beating Miami week 18. 

I'd go a step further - there is only an extremely narrow path for the Bills to make the playoffs without beating Miami. They can lose to Dallas and still make it in as a 10-7 team but the chances they lose to Miami and make it in as a 10-7 team with 6 AFC losses are very slim. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.