Staley Canned

bills6969

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Chargers cap is worse than the Bills.  They could dump Mack and maybe Williams and get healthy $ wise.

Lots of UFAs to decide on.

Whoever takes over has some big decisions, but I would think a mini-rebuild is in order.

Edit:  LOL, they are talking about the same stuff I just mentioned on NFLN right now.

You got your QB, and hes pricey - so its a different sort of roster construction.  They don't need a mini-rebuild like the chiefs did, or the bills probably will do. 

They need a full down to the studs one.  At the deepest level they don't connect with the fans, they're almost a team without a country.  Something needs to change there, and i haven't a clue what it is 🙂 

At a roster level its a pillow soft team

Offensively: Ekeler can go.  Don't hate adding a vet back, just would like someone who can run between the tackles.  It may be time to move on from Allen and Williams - and yes I'm aware they're good.  Its time to turn the page there.   Make a run at Pittman, Higgins, something like that.  I'd also see them as a target for Bowers in the first depending where they draft.  Bring in a vet corner, probably draft one early.  Move mack, keep bosa - add pass rush via the draft.  

Probably 8-10 wins in year 1, but if you find a great corner it changes the nature of your defense and how you're able to play.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

To be named shortly...

Coach Shortly?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Bill Belichick* on his way to Los Angeles...

I wonder if he'll bring JC Jackson back with him lol

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, is that pronounced like Giff or Jiff?

Giff and JoJo. This is not a serious organization 

Smith moved to the NFL in 2010, taking over as the defensive line coach for the Buffalo Bills. He spent three seasons in Buffalo (2010-12), during which time defensive tackle Kyle Williams was selected to the first two Pro Bowls of his career and defensive end Mario Williams had a 10.5-sack season.

https://www.chargers.com/team/coaches-roster/giff-smith

7 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

This reminds me of a post about Staley being fired 

I laugh, but I did the same thing the other day about to report BB will be fired at year's end. Sometimes I forget the search function, or don't scan well enough. 

d40d827b-7020-47da-9fc3-1ee3d6a1ffae_tex

• Like (+1) 1

Surprised they ditched the GM, that roster is good.  The coaching is awful. 

too bad they did it before playing the Bills, that’s one guy I thought McD could put coach in the last 5 minutes of a game.

35 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Belichik to LAC is so obvious and might be the perfect offseason match in years.

If it does happen the Chargers will be an instant SB contender next year.

Yep.. scary as hell.  Only good thing, it will be 2 games for KC to actually have to win instead of being given.  Hopefully the story line in 2027 reads something like, “KC has lost to Bellicheck 7 times in a row, going back to week 15 of 2023”.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Surprised they ditched the GM, that roster is good.  The coaching is awful. 

too bad they did it before playing the Bills, that’s one guy I thought McD could put coach in the last 5 minutes of a game.

The GM can’t hire good coaches. 

11 years of Rivers/Herbert and 1 playoff win lol.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, is that pronounced like Giff or Jiff?

Giff and JoJo. This is not a serious organization 

All I know is, if we lose next week to a couple of guys named Giff and JoJo, I'm going to be pissed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

They wasted their season keeping him after the playoff collapse.  I’d be so mad as a Chargers fan

Kind of the way I feel as a Bills fan with McD. Obviously, McD is light years ahead of Staley. 

However, the theme of your post applies to Buffalo after 13 seconds and the Cinci thrashing. In fact, you can go much deeper in the playoffs and see a pattern of mediocrity and outright blunders. I see very little evidence that McD can lead this team to a SB appearance. 

This year frustrates me that the team is 7-6 and trying to make a playoff push. Not what we fans anticipated. 

Next year all over again with McD just doesn't sit well with me. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Process said:

Couldn't wait one more week?

I agree, teams usually play well right after a bad coach is fired...

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

That will turn them around … just look at how the Patriots have gone post Brady ..

Agreed, but if he has Herbert he could probably take care of the rest.

I mean I would hope he would fail, but with a good QB his goofy system works.

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

What a shock. His team played really hard to get within 42 points.

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Chargers fans should be rejoicing at this news. 

All 13 of them 

brooklyn small penis pageant GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Why are the Chargers the favorite to land Belichick when Spanos laughed at Sean Payton's asking price. I really don't see it

I see it one of two ways. That roster is good enough to get between 7-10 wins a year. So Bill could step in and ride that to the all time wins record.

However if they want to be a better team, they have no cap space and aging stars. They need to rebuild through the draft or take a "tank year", cut the fat and take huge dead cap hits. Belichick doesn't have time for that.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.