Pats and Belichick will break up after the season according to NE reporter

CircleTheWagons99

It’s the right move. I’d laugh if they hits Mcdaniels as their HC. That would be a disaster. 

Honestly, if I were any team, I wouldn’t want bill in my organization. Game has passed him by. He’s still an ok coach, but won’t win you anything. He’d set any organization back probably 5-7 years. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

It’s the right move. I’d laugh if they hits Mcdaniels as their HC. That would be a disaster. 

Honestly, if I were any team, I wouldn’t want bill in my organization. Game has passed him by. He’s still an ok coach, but won’t win you anything. He’d set any organization back probably 5-7 years. 

I think he might ok as a coach but he won’t go anywhere without roster control and he’s proven he’s been bad as GM.  

He also doesn’t seem to have the “pipeline” of good young assistants that he used to.  Look at his OC’s he consistently hires coaches he’s worked with in the past.  

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

They love Jerrod Mayo.  He’ll get a serious look.  Maybe Dave Ziegler back as GM?  Depends how different of a directions Kraft wants to go

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I see a lot of tweets (or whatever they're called now" referencing this "NBC report", but where is the link to said NBC Report, and who is the NBC reporter who made it?

Someone shared this with me. Take it how ever you like. We shall see in 4 weeks. Would be nice if true. 

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm not buying it.  I won't believe it until I see it happen.  Especially if they just extended him last offseason.  

Article states there is only one year left on extension so not that much $$ to absorb if only a year. 

Kraft may have to lay off the you know what for a year to save some cash, but that would be the ultimate showing of taking one of the team on his part.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I see him replacing Ron Rivera in Washington. They already have the QB in place . Bill still knows how to put together a defense 

I thought Washington too,  but there’s also chatter down this way that he already has a handshake deal w Carolina.  That would seem like a weird pairing.

8 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I see him replacing Ron Rivera in Washington. They already have the QB in place . Bill still knows how to put together a defense 

He's not going to that division, not with Philly and Dallas the way they are now.  He'll want to go somewhere he can make the playoffs right away.  He's no spring chicken.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I thought Washington too,  but there’s also chatter down this way that he already has a handshake deal w Carolina.  That would seem like a weird pairing.

Winning in the same division Brady went to.... 🤔

You never know what really motivates these people.

54 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Beli-CHEAT wants record and probably looking at AFC South being best possible conference.

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm not buying it.  I won't believe it until I see it happen.  Especially if they just extended him last offseason.  

I won't believe it even if it happens.  Beli-CHEAT has fooled us too many times.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

NFC South is a natural since it is weakest conference.

• Simon changed the title to Pats and Belichick will break up after the season according to NE reporter
36 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Article states there is only one year left on extension so not that much $$ to absorb if only a year. 

Kraft may have to lay off the you know what for a year to save some cash, but that would be the ultimate showing of taking one of the team on his part.

It was only a one year extension?  That's strange.  I never looked for the details

52 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Thanks.  So it's being reported by Tom Curran.  He's legit, Patriots Insider with NBCSports Boston.  I don't think there's someone quite similar with the Bills but a while back it would be like Vic Carruci reported it, or now a days like if Sal Capaccio and Thad Brown had a sports reporter child.

That's a disturbing image, actually, I think I'd best log out.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Beli-CHEAT wants record and probably looking at AFC South being best possible conference.

I won't believe it even if it happens.  Beli-CHEAT has fooled us too many times.

NFC South is a natural since it is weakest conference.

It would be amazing if he want to Tampa 😂

But several of those teams would be a good fit. Tampa, New Orleans, even Atlanta. 

Edited by Mikie2times

If I were Bill I would look at that Chicago spot that's about to open. His best two options imo are Chargers/Bears (unless the Bills open up). I think that Chicago HC is amazing considering they have a QB and the #1 overall pick. You could trade that 1st Overall for a random of picks and just build (or pick a QB and trade Fields). Their defense looks miles ahead of where they were earlier in the year. 

Now: I don't want Belicheck personally but if I was advicing him that's what I would say. Every team with a vacany should interview him regardless if they want to hire him or not

The report is, at season's end, the run is over. Apparently it has been decided for quite some time according to Tom Curran. The Pats have been in a slow, downward spiral since Brady left. Hope their futility continues for as long as they were seemingly on top. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-robert-kraft-made-decision-to-part-ways-with-bill-belichick-after-week-10-loss-to-colts

"When they came out of Germany, conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made,” Curran said. “They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year, there would be a parting of the ways for a variety of reasons.”

Edited by H2o

• H2o changed the title to Patriots Have Decided To Part Ways With Belichick At Season's End
8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m actually not happy as I wanted him to suffer year in and out in mediocrity.  7-10 to 8-9 each and every year to ensure it cements it was always Brady, not the 3D chess crap.

A great QB is of course required but a great Coach is also required if you are going to win as much as they did.  Right now he could be the greatest coach in all of football but a mac jones led team aint getting it done.

For the 'dynasty' type stuff you need both, great QB and coach. For a flash-in-the-pan Superbowl you probably just need 1 or the other.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

A great QB is of course required but a great Coach is also required if you are going to win as much as they did.  Right now he could be the greatest coach in all of football but a mac jones led team aint getting it done.

For the 'dynasty' type stuff you need both, great QB and coach. For a flash-in-the-pan Superbowl you probably just need 1 or the other.

That… yeah.  And a whole lot of cheating and bending every rule in the book.  Of course, having a few refs in your back pocket don’t hurt either.   But yeah, just a great coach.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

That… yeah.  And a whole lot of cheating and bending every rule in the book.  Of course, having a few refs in your back pocket don’t hurt either.   But yeah, just a great coach.  

I mean if you aint tryin to cheat you aint tryin to win=p

Edited by BillsFan692

1 hour ago, transient said:

Hope the new coach gives Mac a good long look to see if he’s salvageable.

No doubts about that.  New coach will be gifted so much

📯🌟MJ🏈10🌟📯  ™️©️®️

merchandise that he'll give Mac plenty of rope to hang himself.

Besides, Bailey Zappe sounds like an Uber service for east Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.