Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

Just now, NoSaint said:

there’s a difference monumental difference between a bad game and being “done”

feel free to start a diggs had a bad day thread and I won’t push back there 

If this was a business he’s had a bad quarter. It’s not unreasonable to be worried. He’s playing like crap. Is he done? I don’t think he lost his physical abilities overnight. Do I have some concerns that he’s a bit checked out. 200%.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

AJ Brown's QB is average IMO. He is the main reason their passing offense does anything at all. He's pretty clearly better than Diggs this year.

Other than Hill and Brown - Jefferson (when healthy), Chase, Wilson, Metcalf, Adams, Cooper. Those are the really dominant WRs this year (in no particular order), obviously with a high variance in the level of QB they have throwing the ball to them.

DJ Moore, Lamb, and Mike Evans, I'm not quite there but close. 

I'm not sure Diggs is playing equal or better football over the past two month than any of the WRs I mentioned above.

I'm really not concerned with him getting less yards or less targets last 5 games or so.  It's the frequent drops that have crept up this year.   He caught literally anything in his vicinity last few seasons.  This year he missed some easy ones, just so uncharacteristic for him.  

AJ Brown's QB is average IMO. He is the main reason their passing offense does anything at all. He's pretty clearly better than Diggs this year.

Other than Hill and Brown - Jefferson (when healthy), Chase, Wilson, Metcalf, Adams, Cooper. Those are the really dominant WRs this year (in no particular order), obviously with a high variance in the level of QB they have throwing the ball to them.

DJ Moore, Lamb, and Mike Evans, I'm not quite there but close. 

I'm not sure Diggs is playing equal or better football over the past two month than any of the WRs I mentioned above.

the month prior he put up some solid numbers. 

In those 4 games - 31 catches 314 yds and 2 tds is a 132 catch, 1334 yard 8.5 TD season pace. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Diggs isnt done, but he's done in Buffalo.  He is done giving a damn and its obvious.   Hasnt had over 100 yards receiving in 7 weeks.    Time to move on.

Agreed. The fire is out. Just goin through the motions. Hope he finds a way to turn it back on cuz we need him. 

Just now, Mikie2times said:

I have eyes, that's where I started feeling like this

Thanks for letting me know you have eyes.  

5 minutes ago, Lost said:

But then we abandoned that even though it was working and Josh was running for his life most of the rest of the game.

They took that away and we didn’t have an answer.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

I got lynched for saying weeks ago that he looks a little checked out and not 100% in it. Always seems bothered by not being targeted but then proceeds to do very little or nothing with the targets he’s seeing. 

Secondly, someone said it best in the GDT; how does Stefon get a pass for drops but Davis and the rest of the gang get burned at the stake?!

You type really well after being lynched. 

Must be a pain in the neck!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

the month prior he put up some solid numbers. 

In those 4 games - 31 catches 314 yds and 2 tds is a 132 catch, 1334 yard 8.5 TD season pace. 

His numbers have been great because he's a top 15 WR with a top 2 QB throwing him the ball. But his play on the field just hasn't been up to his usual standard this year IMO. More drops than usual, no contested catches, he's having trouble separating against other teams' CB1s. Like Mahomes' weapons tonight mostly sucked but he could still rely on Kelce as his go to guy when all else failed. Allen didn't have a go to guy tonight, or much at all in recent weeks.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Agreed. The fire is out. Just goin through the motions. Hope he finds a way to turn it back on cuz we need him. 

I think he is clearly frustrated because he has been focused on and we don’t have a reliable #2 to take pressure off.  Even Kincaid isn’t doing much the last few weeks.  Gabe Davis is where’s Waldo.  

Not to mention Diggs is a downfield WR and they are taking away anything downfield.

He will have his explosive games again soon.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not to mention Diggs is a downfield WR and they are taking away anything downfield.

This. Downfield, and/or long developing crossing routes.

Josh didnt have the time in the pocket to let those types of routes develop tonight. He had 2 seconds and then was running for his life. Or on some plays they let the DL right through on the snap. Also partly why so many throws went to RBs.

• Like (+1) 1

he does seem more and more 2 b a me guy...he had more screen passes to him today then ive ever seen, a bit 2 many imo

in the end i hope he looks at the stats and sees W b4 personal...and no doubt that guffawing with the chiefs player in an important tight game ahhh nooo, when the final whistle blows then go chum it up

The fact that your biggest threats in Diggs and Davis had very little receptions and they still won means this:

1. they were covered defensively, and 

2. Allen had the ability to get the ball to the open receivers.  

We should be thrilled he got it done with less than our best. 

• Agree 1

His numbers have been great because he's a top 15 WR with a top 2 QB throwing him the ball. But his play on the field just hasn't been up to his usual standard this year IMO. More drops than usual, no contested catches, he's having trouble separating against other teams' CB1s. Like Mahomes' weapons tonight mostly sucked but he could still rely on Kelce as his go to guy when all else failed. Allen didn't have a go to guy tonight, or much at all in recent weeks.

I’ve always struggled with where diggs ranks in a best wr list. 

I don’t think he’s a top 3 elite future HOF guy. I think he’s clearly a top half of the league WR1. Guys in that range turn in days like this. From 3-15 there are a lot of very good guys that take over many but not every week.

he’s also on an offense that’s struggling to find an identity and fired it’s coordinator during this last month

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Thing about taking the short throws is that your guys have to make the catches to keep the chains moving.  So many drops in todays game.  Allen loses confidence in the short passes and Spags starts blitzing bad things happen.  Brady needed to run the ball more either in spread with Josh or in 22 with a rb.  Get out of the bunch formations where the corners can blitz from 5 feet away because you have everyone in tight.

this...   I felt like dorsey came back.   spread teams out..make them work to cover.   Harty made a huge catch both other than that im sure whats up with these receivers inablity to make clutch catchs very often.   

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This. Downfield, and/or long developing crossing routes.

Josh didnt have the time in the pocket to let those types of routes develop tonight. He had 2 seconds and then was running for his life. Or on some plays they let the DL right through on the snap. Also partly why so many throws went to RBs.

0-line was still on the bye somewhere.   they were horrid

24 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I believe we'll see a better game from Stef against Dallas. I'd like to see the Bills run misdirection plays sometimes. Slow down the pursuit of defenses. I believe they'd have some big play potential with Josh running them

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

0-line was still on the bye somewhere.   they were horrid

The Chiefs have a top rated D and most of that is due to their DLine. Sometimes we have to play against other good players and they play well.

Diggs, WRs, and the OLine are fine. We played a good team in their house in a tough game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Chiefs have a top rated D and most of that is due to their DLine. Sometimes we have to play against other good players and they play well.

Diggs, WRs, and the OLine are fine. We played a good team in their house in a tough game.

we'll see.....next week wont be any easier.   

16 outta 23 passes went to our RB or TE so KC’s D had an impact. Josh had Gabe wide open for a TD on the FG but didn’t see him or that would of been a big WR play.

Not worried about Diggs but Brady needs to scheme up some better designed plays besides horizontal throws to Diggs.

19 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

16 outta 23 passes went to our RB or TE so KC’s D had an impact. Josh had Gabe wide open for a TD on the FG but didn’t see him or that would of been a big WR play.

Not worried about Diggs but Brady needs to scheme up some better designed plays besides horizontal throws to Diggs.

Diggs needs to show up big time next week.  He’s been neutralized a lot lately. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hate the way Dorsey and Brady are using Diggs.  Hate this behind the LOS non-sense.  

Diggs' greatest asset is route running.  He is most effective 5-14 yards down field. 

That said, he's dropping the ball at a Davis/Knox rate lately.  He really needs to clean that up.  

The WR screens need to stop. Josh can't throw them. Guys can't block them. Diggs can't catch them. We just aren't a screen team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Just chiming in. What a stupid topic to start. 

Eh.. between the drops, lack of production and constantly pulling himself out of the game, I’m starting to wonder what his deal is.  

Hopefully he makes me look dumb and balls out next week. 

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Diggs is fine. You don’t dominate every week for your whole career. 

davis is a trainwreck for this offense currently. Even if he flashed open on a play. 

Davis was wide open for a TD - Josh didn't see him.  Diggs was awful.  Been dropping way to many passes.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, GoBills! said:

I would complain about our WR core but Diggs, Cook and Kincaid  is better than Kelce, Rice and Toney or CEH lol

Just not that good, it's a miracle the chiefs have won ,8 games with that roster that's why mahomes will never be on Brady's level  Brady would be 10-11 wins with that group in his mid to late 30s

Last 100 yd game Giants week 6. Here's his stats since (going from most recent KC game backwards)

Rec Yds Td

4  24.  0

6. 74.   1

4. 27.   0

3. 34.  0

6. 86.  1

9. 70.  0

6. 58.  1

He's been just okay this year. Plenty of teams have shut him down. Maybe it's him or maybe it's the offense as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

We have a big hole at Wr2, simple as that.

Doesn't take a defensive genius to realize that Gabse isn't winning 1-1 consistently.  So you double/bracket Diggs on most downs, then focus on Kincaid.  

That means we need Cook and running game to be successful.  For better long term success, we'd have Shakir or Harty be a consistent threat from the slot.  That's been spotty, both guys have moments and I'm convinced we're wasting Harty (he is a talented player).

But we need a Wr2, next year's draft is ripe for Wrs in first two rounds that can step in and be our #2.

This dialogue is silly.  You think Justin Jefferson or Cooper Kupp need a number 2?  I also think you have plenty of weapons to throw too that other teams will focus on.  Anyways if he started catching some of the easy drops it wouldn't be a problem.  He's definitely off right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.