Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually that was like the Tyreek Hill fast score that gave Allen the ball back too fast in "the game".

Josh with the ball last instead of the Bills D wasn't a horrible option at that point.

Kelce's brilliant play was so smart it was almost stupid.

Agreed. When that happened I told myself maybe this was the only way how we could win - they scored too fast and now Josh has enough time to respond.

Doesn't matter now.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

For what?

we aren’t going to the playoffs 

I understand and agree with the pessimism but it is so effing jumbled right now that this just isn’t correct. Just about everything went Buffalo’s way today, and they have a healthy QB1. Add LAC to the list of teams that doesn’t 

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

Best part is after showing our collective ass all week long with the Von and McD stories, all anyone will remember is Patty losing his ***** like a four-year-old.  

yes let’s forget domestic violence and terrorism support, as long as they win

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Wow, if not for that penalty , its was throwback 2. Holiday throwback.   Penalty saved mcd from infamy. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone . Esp us fans with kelce / swift replays forever.  Ghost of Christmas past,,,throwback past…..i almost saw my life flash in front of my eyes!  

A couple of guys THUMBS DOWN on my comment. 

It wasn't meant for any disrespect for Frank Wycheck. But the Home run throw back play flashed in front of my eyes. 

May Frank Wycheck Rest in Peace 🙏 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm not going to lie .......... my first thought when I saw the lateral and the TD I was thinking at least Allen has almost a minute to try to score.

I said to my wife and kids, this is a “good” thing. We’ll have time to try and move the ball for the game winning score 😂 

Their reaction was like, What?!?!?!!!!?!

I was serious. I told them they’ll just end up milking the clock and scoring (TD) at the end, game over. 

Then the flag was shown and the rest is history. 😁 Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Wow, if not for that penalty , its was throwback 2. Holiday throwback.   Penalty saved mcd from infamy. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone . Esp us fans with kelce / swift replays forever.  Ghost of Christmas past,,,throwback past…..i almost saw my life flash in front of my eyes!  

we would have still had 1:10 and all 3 timeouts to go down the field and score a TD, so the game wasn’t completely over yet.

Still though…

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, badandyman said:

Still not happy with are time management.  2:12 left in the game and you throw it 3 times taking 15 seconds off the clock. Run it 3 time. Avoid a sack and keep the clock running.  I guess thats to easy for McDermott and his staff

Kill KC timeouts that way as well. And if you get a 1st on the 3 runs the game is over. 

This is coaching 101 IMO. If we lost everyone would be talking about this exact thing. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Can someone explain this ‘mismanagement of time’. You’re playing to score 7 there any way you can with the full playbook open.  Chiefs would’ve had plenty of time to match with a fg no matter what we did 

To score seven, the Bills were more effective running the ball. So why throw when there was barely any pass protection, the WRs rarely got open or dropped the ball when they did? Cook was the biggest threat and he may as well have been washing his hair for much of the second half.

Admittedly, that isn’t really answering the clock argument but, even so, the playcalling was tragic.

As an aside, if the Bills had lost the game in that manner, would it have been called Six Inches?

6 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Explained in one word (name) Knox. I was not happy when he was activated. Back to 12 personnel. Not much kincade or shakier. 12 personnel needs to go. If they have to cut Knox to get rid of it I’m fine with it.

If possible put Kincaid at WR2, Knox at TE , Gabe at Slot. The offense in the past 2 games were just too superior to give up on

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

A couple of guys THUMBS DOWN on my comment. 

It wasn't meant for any disrespect for Frank Wycheck. But the Home run throw back play flashed in front of my eyes. 

May Frank Wycheck Rest in Peace 🙏 

You talkin' bout the Music City Forward Lateral?

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm not going to lie .......... my first thought when I saw the lateral and the TD I was thinking at least Allen has almost a minute to try to score.

Seriously…I genuinely would not have lateraled there even knowing it’s a walk in td.  I was half joking about how I’d let kc return the kickoff for a td not long before that 😂

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

I missed it!

Bills had the ball with 5 minutes to go.

Had to do kid bath time and bed routine and paused the TV.

Came downstairs and the TV literally just shut off for inactivity and I couldn't go back.

Ugh.

Glad we won!

Dang kids 

1 minute ago, Bills Bud said:

yes let’s forget domestic violence and terrorism support, as long as they win

He didn't support terrorism. He used a really stupid example. If it was your buddy whom made this comment, you'd laugh it off call him an idiot and move on. Let's not get all black and white about it. Sometimes people say dumb things. Doesnt  mean they have to be canceled and all that crap. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, appoo said:

Something very wrong with Diggs. His route tree is extremely limited and he’s not as quick as he was

I've been thinking the same thing.  Not sure if it's attitude or maybe could be injury?  I remember about a month ago he mysteriously popped up on the injury list mid-week.  Could something be physically wrong?

20 minutes ago, appoo said:

Can someone remind me how many points SEAN MCDERMOTT’S DEFENSE held Patrick Mahomes to?

5 points lower than their season avg.  They lucked out that Toney lines up Offside which is extremely rare or that game was lost.  I'll give him credit that they won the game but that wasn't a great showing.  This team needs to do better.  McD is undefeated after the bye but IIRC those were mostly close games just like this one.  Hopefully play better next week because Dallas has the best O in the league right now, while KC is like 12th.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.