Burned out?

damj

I don't know if it's just me ... but after the last 13 weeks, I'm burned out with this team. I'm a season ticket holder,  and I'll be out there the next 2 weeks regardless and sporting the red, white and blue ... but I really don't care anymore.

But then again, maybe it is just me ... I don't care about much of anything any more. 

I looked to the Bills to be a distraction from everything else in my life,  but they're just as F'd as everything else

• Like (+1) 12
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 12
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

Im with ya borther1! Mostly Imm just tired. Ive ben thinkin bout taken a brake from sports may be get a new hobby. Sumthin peace full like paintin or building a ship in a bottle but then I think may as well cut are ***** off an watch soccer while Im at it. I just dont know any more. Every thing stopped makin sense in the 80s.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Im with ya borther1! Mostly Imm just tired. Ive ben thinkin bout taken a brake from sports may be get a new hobby. Sumthin peace full like paintin or building a ship in a bottle but then I think may as well cut are ***** off a watch soccer while Im at it. I just dont know any more. Every thing stopped makin sense in the 80s.

Clothes/menswear is a pretty fun hobby but it gets expensive rather quickly.  But it’s a really fun journey for a middle aged man.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 12/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, BRH said:

"I don't know who we play in three weeks but I know we're gonna lose to them."

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

But our brand of football is miles better than it was before all these guys got here so I'm still very much enjoying it

Same here ... I bought into seasons last year after a 25 year hiatus and I'm love loving it ... I love the memories I'm building with my son ...

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Im with ya borther1! Mostly Imm just tired. Ive ben thinkin bout taken a brake from sports may be get a new hobby. Sumthin peace full like paintin or building a ship in a bottle but then I think may as well cut are ***** off an watch soccer while Im at it. I just dont know any more. Every thing stopped makin sense in the 80s.

... I guess where I'm at is after Covid ... then 2022 which was one sh!storm after another... I was looking forward to this season to take my mind off it all.  I wasn't expecting Superbowl and I thought the AFC was going to be a tough fight... but this team has underwhelmed at every turn. I'll be out there every week still cheering, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. 

Then again,  maybe it's the bourbon/ Jack Daniel's cooler / White Claw / vodka talking ... or the heartfelt convo with my coworker talking... 

23 minutes ago, damj said:

I don't know if it's just me ... but after the last 13 weeks, I'm burned out with this team. I'm a season ticket holder,  and I'll be out there the next 2 weeks regardless and sporting the red, white and blue ... but I really don't care anymore.

But then again, maybe it is just me ... I don't care about much of anything any more. 

I looked to the Bills to be a distraction from everything else in my life,  but they're just as F'd as everything else

Why do people get so damn depressed about everything? Yeah, they aren't playing well. It happens but posts like this are just ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why do people get so damn depressed about everything? Yeah, they aren't playing well. It happens but posts like this are just ridiculous 

Maybe because I am depressed. Thanks for your support 👍

Maybe I'm making a point what is supposed to be a fun distraction from all the sh!t that drags us down every day isn't anymore

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, damj said:

You should try to get out of your funk. Speak to family or friends. In an extreme case talk to a mental health pro about possible depression. many people feel "down" this time of year. Good luck, buddy.

• Like (+1) 13

1 hour ago, damj said:

God bless you brother and Merry Christmas, and i hope things in your life turn around for the better!

• Like (+1) 7

17 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

You should try to get out of your funk. Speak to family or friends. In an extreme case talk to a mental health pro about possible depression. many people feel "down" this time of year. Good luck, buddy.

doesn’t need to be an extreme case to visit some with training in mental health. Folks in the mental health field have a passion for helping people no issue is too small if it’s bringing you down.

• Like (+1) 5

Misery loves company which is why I regularly converse with my brother in law who's a Jets fan.  He currently thinks Aaron Rodgers purposely sabotaged the Jets by agreeing to the trade because Woody Johnson made his fortune off of the vaccine distributing big pharma company Johnson and Johnson.  He thinks Rodgers purposely tore his Achilles, convinced Jets management that he could turn Zach Wilson into a legit QB so they wouldn't offer any alternatives after he was injured week 1 to sabotage their season, and will engineer another catastrophic injury of week 2 of next season (week 1 would look too suspicisious).  Thus, ruining a great defense who all are about to want to get paid who he knew would be good enough where they wouldn't get the top two QB prospects of this year's draft.  He also thinks Belichick is the mastermind behind the whole plan but can't make the connection yet.

So, my professional advice.  Become friends with a Jets fan, Panthers fan, or Commanders fan and you'll feel a whole lot better about the Bills future compared to theirs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

I felt burned out this time last year. I've seen enough teams that didn't have "it", to be relatively certain that this one doesn't either. After all of the excuses of the team  being "emotionally exhausted" last year after completely laying down, I looked to the off-season to figure out which way things would go, and all I saw there was more "trust the process" nonsense that said while we addressed some holes and brought in some talent, we didn't bring in any difference makers that would put us over the top. Once we started seeing the product on the field, I was anything but surprised.

I couldn't even allow myself to get excited during the Eagles game because I was sure we'd throw up all over ourselves. Now that we have, it just reinforces all the negativity. Something big is going to have to change for me to get excited again, because this team is going no where as it stands.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

That’s ironic. Because for me the 80’s and early 90’s were the only time that made sense to me.

5 hours ago, damj said:

i was at that point for several weeks this year. emotionally checked out, and hardly bothered by terrible games to the bengals and broncos.  and then somehow i got sucked back in during the eagles game. that game might have irritated me more than 13 seconds. it was definitely the most charged up ive been since that game, anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Misery loves company which is why I regularly converse with my brother in law who's a Jets fan.  He currently thinks Aaron Rodgers purposely sabotaged the Jets by agreeing to the trade because Woody Johnson made his fortune off of the vaccine distributing big pharma company Johnson and Johnson.  He thinks Rodgers purposely tore his Achilles, convinced Jets management that he could turn Zach Wilson into a legit QB so they wouldn't offer any alternatives after he was injured week 1 to sabotage their season, and will engineer another catastrophic injury of week 2 of next season (week 1 would look too suspicisious).  Thus, ruining a great defense who all are about to want to get paid who he knew would be good enough where they wouldn't get the top two QB prospects of this year's draft.  He also thinks Belichick is the mastermind behind the whole plan but can't make the connection yet.

So, my professional advice.  Become friends with a Jets fan, Panthers fan, or Commanders fan and you'll feel a whole lot better about the Bills future compared to theirs.  

You could start following the Sabres on the side...Wait a Minute....*****!!! 

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

i was at that point for several weeks this year. emotionally checked out, and hardly bothered by terrible games to the bengals and broncos.  and then somehow i got sucked back in during the eagles game. that game might have irritated me more than 13 seconds. it was definitely the most charged up ive been since that game, anyway.

Agree. I swore more during that game than I have in quite a while. Probably because my expectations for a win going in were low, then increased greatly by halftime, only to be dashed (again). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Younger days, I was all Bills and it was terribly depressing.  Then I bought a motorcycle and that was awesome.  A truly hobby.  I had never experienced that before.  Whether it is hunting , guns, trucks, four wheelers…..

just try some other manly hobbies and have fun with that.  

ps I have also found it’s a lot more enjoyable to watch on TV. Get to the TV 5 mins before kickoff, poop in your own house,  Home immediately after the game.  No sun burn or frost bite…..

• Like (+1) 2

The thing that makes it tough is the uncertainty.

The Bills could miss the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl this season.

And because we’ve pulled defeat from the jaws of victory so many times, we can’t even relax and enjoy games where we are winning anymore. 

We’re on tenterhooks here.

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

They've been a tough follow speaking emotionally the last few seasons, no doubt

But our brand of football is miles better than it was before all these guys got here so I'm still very much enjoying it

Classic McDermott mentality exhibited right here

Don't settle for a lesser product. Expect top tier

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I watched 4 Superbowl losses in a row, 3 of them live. This is nothing.

I didn't see any live but the dagger in the heart was no less painful. I have to admit though, it is something, this season has certainly been painful to watch at times but regardless, I wouldn't trade it for any of the drought years. I don't think they run the table and likely miss the playoffs, but they'll put up a fight. just hope they can right the ship this next offseason and come out in '24 ready to compete. this has been a flukey season, a whole bunch of head scratching heart wrenching football. I never did like all the hype of superbowl (although I believed they would make a strong run) favorites nor did I like them putting JA as the face of madden. seems that would put a lot of pressure on a young man? I said I was done, burned out myself after the eagles game. I don't care what any of them say, nfl refs have been toxic to the game. toxic. but, I will watch and pull for them on sunday where I believe they have a chance but also know what could happen, adding salt to the 2023 season wound...

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

You could start following the Sabres on the side...Wait a Minute....*****!!! 

The Sabres are going on their 13th playoffs-less season.

They have to be well into record territory in that way.  

IDK as I don't follow hockey.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, damj said:

I feel ya. I’m frustrated. I can no longer hope against reason that McDermott can lead this team to the promised land. If I’m honest, I knew after 13 seconds. No big Von Miller addition this season to give hope that we have the talent - and confidence - on the roster to overcome his coaching either. This team has played like they know they can’t win it all with this HC. It’s no surprise that many of the fans feel the same. That sucks particularly badly this season since the AFC is so ripe for the taking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, damj said:

This is exactly how I feel. Thankfully, I am not a season ticket holder. I took my son to the Denver mn game and personally I didn’t even want to go to that. After turnovers on the first two drives I refused to cheer or say much. By mid 4th qtr I told myself I might as well get into it, I played for the tickets. Of course I got kicked in the nuts for my effort!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, damj said:

Maybe because I am depressed. Thanks for your support 👍

Maybe I'm making a point what is supposed to be a fun distraction from all the sh!t that drags us down every day isn't anymore

If you are depressed get some help. Talk to a friend or family. Sometimes depression can be temporary sometimes worse. I know I was in a prolonged state of depression and having kids helped pull me out of it because my life suddenly had meaning in everything I did! Who knows what might help you but something or someone will help you.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

The thing that makes it tough is the uncertainty.

The Bills could miss the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl this season.

And because we’ve pulled defeat from the jaws of victory so many times, we can’t even relax and enjoy games where we are winning anymore. 

We’re on tenterhooks here.

Adding to what you said, what makes it difficult to take in, is watching a dirt-track race car driver being handed a state-of-the-art Formula One car, and not having any idea how to handle it.  

Then losing races when he should be winning.  

This consistent underachievement is a morale killer.  

• Agree 2

Ronnie Harmon in Cleveland... Defined the Buffalo Bills fan experience in a split second.  You learn to roll with it through and back out the other side of the depressive moments.  I lost my husband in '22 and looked forward to the Bills season for escape and renewed ability to experience joy.  That worked out well 😂.  Anyway, the experience revealed to me the things in life that are just way bigger than all of this.  After some time passes, lightness and fun comes back.  So this year, I decided Sabres season tickets would be just the right balm.  Yeah... life!  

You have to keep a sense of humor and find meaning wherever you find it.  That meaning may not be where you are looking for it right now, but if you keep your eyes open, you just might see it again.  I did.  It was well worth the journey!  Keep going.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

I’m inches away from going all Von Miller. 

For you, that would be run past the room with the guy with the toothache...comes back into the correct room after the hygienist has pulled the tooth? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

I don't want this college football season to end, yet wish the NFL season ended weeks ago.  It's not just the Bills for me, it's the entire NFL product right now that I could careless for.  Greed has killed the game.

Kirk Herb was on PMT a few weeks ago talking about how boring it is calling an NFL game vs college.  

I will forever say that the NFL has the advantage of being on Sunday's vs Saturday's, in terms of viewership.  I always can't stand when the league constantly pumps their TV ratings.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.