I think it's time to activate Fournette

JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Let's give the Chiefs something they haven't seen before to react to.  Eat up some clock, keep their O off the field, impose our will.  All that stuff.

I agree 100%.  Play action to him on the 1st snap from scrimmage and then go deep.  After that, let him hammer their butts.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fine with him playing if the coaches think he will out perform Murray or Johnson. Johnson has been pretty good and I'd like to see him keep playing, so my guess is they'd make Murray inactive for fornette. I don't think fornette is gonna come in and rush for 75 yards or something though. He'd be a backup to cook. I don't think he'd have a huge role like some here seem to think 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If he was good enough to play he would have been active by now. They are not going to activate him unless there is an injury. Murray has been the good in pass protection and occasionally has a good run.  

Some of you guys got some serious rose colored glasses when it comes to Murray.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes. He actually deserves more touches. Big, powerful, and fast. Go with Cook and Johnson for a game and see what happens.

He also was a good DB in high school and he still has speed.  I wonder if it be good idea for him to take practices as DB to know scheme and be an emergency DB.  If we have multiple injuries for DBs which happened before it would be good to have someone else who has taken spans and active.

• Like (+1) 1

I like and have wanted to see more physical ground and pound.. But not this week. Gimme speed speed and more speed as I’m prepared for a shootout. I want to see Andy Isabela play 10-12 of gabes snaps and just run go routes. KC looks horrible on offense, so you already know they’ll get right this game and probably put up 30+ points and 400+ yards. 

11 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Disagree.  Besides needing to learn the offense and get into game shape, we changed OC’s since he joined the team as well.   After seeing the Packers pound the ball w Dillon last weekend, I would not be surprised to see Fournette get called up this weekend over Ty Johnson.

I'd rather see Murray sit if Fournette is called up

10 hours ago, uninja said:

For real, that dude runs like he's angry at the ground. Dunno why it took a while for him to get some snaps. I blame Dorsey.

Or McDermott. You know how the "loyalty" goes with McDermott. I've been saying all along that Johnson should be carrying the rock more than Murray. I'd love to see him and Cook get equal shares. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Disagree.  Besides needing to learn the offense and get into game shape, we changed OC’s since he joined the team as well.   After seeing the Packers pound the ball w Dillon last weekend, I would not be surprised to see Fournette get called up this weekend over Ty Johnson.

I would hope it’s over Murray but we all know McD has a big to loyal problem for Vets. 

Playing Lenny over Murray would give us 3 RBs on the roster that can catch the ball and run routes that’s a massive edge to have because the defense has no idea if you’re running or passing. When Murray is on the field teams are not fearing him in the receiving game they know even if they leave Murray unguarded he wont get more then 4/5 yds . 

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I like and have wanted to see more physical ground and pound.. But not this week. Gimme speed speed and more speed as I’m prepared for a shootout. I want to see Andy Isabela play 10-12 of gabes snaps and just run go routes. KC looks horrible on offense, so you already know they’ll get right this game and probably put up 30+ points and 400+ yards. 

Andy can take all of Sherfield and Harty snaps those guys haven’t done nothing. Essentially that would make him the 4th wr on this team I agree Andy needs to play more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ty Johnson had a shoulder injury Sunday, he kept playing but it kept bothering him.

Murry is kinda worthless running the ball.  Word is his strength is in pass pro. 

Cook played great but still dropped another sure TD pass.

Fournette should know the playbook by now.  That wiener Tom Brady said Fournette was great in the passing game.  Fournette must know the playbook by now, Couldn’t he at least replace Murry on game day? Take a few pass catching reps from cook? Fill in for an injured Johnson??

please tell me “special teams” isn’t the reason he is inactive- our STs suck already! 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Ty Johnson had a shoulder injury Sunday, he kept playing but it kept bothering him.

Murry is kinda worthless running the ball.  Word is his strength is in pass pro. 

Fournette should know the playbook by now.  That wiener Tom Brady said Fournette was great in the passing game.  Fournette must know the playbook by now, Couldn’t he at least replace Murry on game day? Take a few pass catching reps from cook? Fill in for an injured Johnson??

please tell me “special teams” isn’t the reason he is inactive- our STs suck already! 

So bench cook for fournethe…got it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I agree with you.  Shorter week and traveling, a weaker Chargers team and a banged up Johnson.  Maybe this is the week to see what we’ve got in Lenny.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I’ve got news for you. It is exactly why he’s not playing. So that useless scrubs can get beaten in the return game. 

My biggest issue with this coaching staff I think at this point. I know McD is going to make some dumb gameday calls. I know he will screw up some clock issues. I know he will mismanage timeouts, challanges, and the ability to find the right situational awareness when it matters. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why he continues to dress some of the players he does while he leaves others inactive or on the PS on gameday. Playoff Lenny has been aching to get in there. And I get that the RBs have generally been playing well, but you went out and picked this guy up for a reason. To not use him is a crime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Not happening unless someone gets hurt and can’t play

36 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Yes I have seen enough of Murray.  He is just too slow.  Showing No burst or power, especially on the short yardage goaline play.  I rather have josh to sneak like the game against cowboys.  I think fournette is upgrade over  Murray.

We think. We have no way of knowing at all. Fournette hasn't faced game-time intensity and contact since last year. Who knows if he has the burst, strength, and reflexes still.

That's why I'd like to see him play Saturday. Better we learn what we have ahead of time rather than experiment in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, boater said:

We think. We have no way of knowing at all. Fournette hasn't faced game-time intensity and contact since last year. Who knows if he has the burst, strength, and reflexes still.

That's why I'd like to see him play Saturday. Better we learn what we have ahead of time rather than experiment in the playoffs.

Respectfully, now is not the time to experiment. We’re trying to win out. We’re a 60 yd fg in the wind and rain from being 4-0 in our last four games. No need to mess with the chemistry. We can’t treat the chargers like a jv team and lose. 

17 minutes ago, SEOhio Bills Fan said:

Would it be fair to give Lenny a practice squad call up this week while Johnson rests his shoulder? Johnson has been determined and has earned his spot on the regular 53, but if it were a time for the experiment, it is this week!

I don’t even know that it’s that big of an “experiment”.  Yes, Johnson has been effective in his role.  But if he’s a little banged up, let him rest, and Fournette can take on those extra snaps.  It’s not like he’d take on Cook’s full time role.

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I don’t even know that it’s that big of an “experiment”.  Yes, Johnson has been effective in his role.  But if he’s a little banged up, let him rest, and Fournette can take on those extra snaps.  It’s not like he’d take on Cook’s full time role.

Is it even feasible to make Johnson inactive and activate Fournette from the practice squad?  What does the backside of that transaction look like when you want to make Johnson active again?  Asking because I really don’t know the roster rules and mechanics of doing this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.