Week 12, Bills v. Iggles - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

47 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This will not happen. We play up to all competition not named Bengals. 

I am not saying I know but,  cheering on the eagles 🦅 hopefully will have good results. 

it worked before. 

don’t tell anyone what I’m doing. 

• Haha (+1) 3

There's a chance the bills could catch the eagles sleeping this week with them coming off a big win against kc, and having the 9ers next week. However, I just don't see the bills winning this. If they do somehow pull it off, it'll definitely get me excited again 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bills 37

Eagles 24

I readily admit that I may have egg on my face after this one, predicting a double digit victory over an elite opponent. I think what it comes down to for me is the position these two teams are in.

The Eagles are riding an emotional high coming off a victory over the team that beat them in the Super Bowl. They're on a short week. They are 9-1 so this game against an AFC opponent means practically nothing to them.

The Bills are desperate. They have to lay everything on the line for the rest of the season. 4th down attempts, trick special teams plays, anything and everything is on the table. They really NEED this game. I don't discount that emotional advantage.

Plus, I genuinely believe that the Bills offense turned a corner last week. I don't think it is just a one game Joe Brady novelty bump. I think he has immediately unlocked what this offense can do well and will commit to it. And the Eagles defense is more vulnerable than advertised, certainly worse than the Jets.

I think Allen, going against a Super Bowl caliber opponent in a massive game, will be in assassin mode. He's going against a team that doesn't regularly have to game plan against him. The leash is off him for the rest of the season - he won't hesitate to run when it's appropriate. All of this lines up for him to have maybe his best performance of the year.

I don't really know what to expect from the defense in this one to be honest, I just trust that the offense will carry the day and never let up.

I'm getting late 2021 season vibes from this team and I'm riding that wave until it crashes. When they play their best football I truly believe they can blow out any team in the league. So that's what I'm betting on.

This is good analysis and I hope you're proven right.

I'm a Chiefs fan now though so I think they will win with ease and the Bills will be humiliated.

Eagles 42 - Bills 16

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I watch A LOT of Iggels games, grew up in Philly then moved to Rottenchester and had seasons for 22 years and went to 2 SB's.......the Birds just sorta hang around, hang around and then BAM!  they win the game.  No big huge blowouts but consistent winning.  Bills need to study what the Jests did to win that game.

My heart says Bills.  My head says:

Birds - 28

Bills - 23

13 hours ago, LarryMadman said:

Our QB is 3x better than theirs

3x is a bit of a push....JA17 is good but not THAT much better than Hurts.

Meanwhile @mead107 is RIDING the dislike button huge.  Closet Philly Phan???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, mead107 said:

Birds 🦅 48 

🦬.          17

So, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion albeit it a seemingly ridiculous one, but why DISLIKE all other Bills victory predictions? 

17 hours ago, mead107 said:

I am not saying I know but,  cheering on the eagles 🦅 hopefully will have good results. 

it worked before. 

don’t tell anyone what I’m doing. 

Oh. I see….gotta say, I hate your strategy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

3x is a bit of a push....JA17 is good but not THAT much better than Hurts.

Meanwhile @mead107 is RIDING the dislike button huge.  Closet Philly Phan???

Yeah, yeah he is, Allen is HOF material and Hurts not so much. Hurts is just a better version of Tyrod Taylor. 

Edited by LarryMadman
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stinky finger said:

So, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion albeit it a seemingly ridiculous one, but why DISLIKE all other Bills victory predictions? 

Oh. I see….gotta say, I hate your strategy. 

If everyone said they lose and they win it would be a huge Victory and best one of the year.  
jump on board.  

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

55 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Yeah, yeah he is, Allen is HOF material and Hurts not so much. Hurts is just a better version of Tyrod Taylor. 

If that's your comparison I have to question how many Eagles games you have actually sat and watched. 

I've been a Hurts fan since Alabama. Watched him a while now. He is in no way any kind of version of Tyrod. Now is he better or as good as Allen? Absolutely not. But he does fit that offense well and with the weapons he has he's a very dangerous QB to face. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If that's your comparison I have to question how many Eagles games you have actually sat and watched. 

I've been a Hurts fan since Alabama. Watched him a while now. He is in no way any kind of version of Tyrod. Now is he better or as good as Allen? Absolutely not. But he does fit that offense well and with the weapons he has he's a very dangerous QB to face. 

Have watched a bunch of Eagle gams as well as Alabama games. Hurts is and has been surrounded by superior coaches and yeah, he is very similar to Tyrod just better at it. No way is he or ever will be on Joshs level even with the superior players and coaching he gets! I'll give you elite level runner, however he plays QB not RB and a bunch of 1 yard TD runs do not make him great. He gets touted as MVP level and yet Josh gets nothing, why is that? It certainly isn't because he is a better QB, it's the media blowing smoke up everyones rear! 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Have watched a bunch of Eagle gams as well as Alabama games. Hurts is and has been surrounded by superior coaches and yeah, he is very similar to Tyrod just better at it. No way is he or ever will be on Joshs level even with the superior players and coaching he gets! I'll give you elite level runner, however he plays QB not RB and a bunch of 1 yard TD runs do not make him great. He gets touted as MVP level and yet Josh gets nothing, why is that? It certainly isn't because he is a better QB, it's the media blowing smoke up everyones rear! 

I agreed, he's not at Josh's level 

Here's the thing, it's 2023. There are MANY different ways and styles to play the QB position. Bringing up that he has a bunch of 1 yard TD runs and he's not a RB is just super lazy and outdated thinking. I would again question how much you watch him if you can't bring up the throws he can and does make. And yes, the talent and coaching around him helps. It's the same reason we as fans have been desperate for Allen to get more help, right? It's the same reason so many here want McDermott ousted and bring in an offensive minded coach, right? 

You, I'm sure, expect when Allen is discussed that TOTAL TDs and his running game are incorporated into his stats because that's what makes up his skill set, right? Why is it any different for Hurts? 

As far as MVP goes, there are 2 main reasons Hurts is ahead of Allen by most counts in the race right now. First the obvious, turnovers. Really hard to make a case for someone to be MVP when they are at the top of that list. Second, team record. Now, I personally don't think that should tie in but that's a whole different topic. But it does and always has. Also, most MVP odds I see Allen is in the top 5-7 right now. So to say Josh is getting no MVP hype is just wrong. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills 33

Eagles 21

I'll probably regret this optimism but the bottom line it's time for this team to be relevant and to McD's credit he's always seemed to win one big road game every year including at Arrowhead the previous 2 years. Last week will either be looked back at the beginning of historic run or blip in the radar of a lost season.

Caveat of course is the Bills likely need to win by 2+ scores given their track record this year, also will be bucking a troubling trend of being horrendous on the road this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agreed, he's not at Josh's level 

Here's the thing, it's 2023. There are MANY different ways and styles to play the QB position. Bringing up that he has a bunch of 1 yard TD runs and he's not a RB is just super lazy and outdated thinking. I would again question how much you watch him if you can't bring up the throws he can and does make. And yes, the talent and coaching around him helps. It's the same reason we as fans have been desperate for Allen to get more help, right? It's the same reason so many here want McDermott ousted and bring in an offensive minded coach, right? 

You, I'm sure, expect when Allen is discussed that TOTAL TDs and his running game are incorporated into his stats because that's what makes up his skill set, right? Why is it any different for Hurts? 

As far as MVP goes, there are 2 main reasons Hurts is ahead of Allen by most counts in the race right now. First the obvious, turnovers. Really hard to make a case for someone to be MVP when they are at the top of that list. Second, team record. Now, I personally don't think that should tie in but that's a whole different topic. But it does and always has. Also, most MVP odds I see Allen is in the top 5-7 right now. So to say Josh is getting no MVP hype is just wrong. 

Agree to disagree, I think Hurts stinks and as far as the MVP race goes Jalen has 9 picks, 9 fumbles and 5 lost...Allen has 12 picks, 7 fumbles and 4 lost, if that's your deciding factor on who you think deserves MVP and who doesn't it make the rest of your Hurts is good argument worthless!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.