Josh is effin back. He says so himself.

Draconator

Love it, he needs that confidence and swagger back!  

Funny, the Shakir pass is one of those wow plays that even a fraction of a hair off was an INT where people would be killing him...but when Allen is on and confident, he hits those so much more often than he doesn't.  

The real question is how will Allen, Brady, and the offense respond when there is a hiccup and things aren't going great?  Can they keep that swagger, adjust, and come right back like they used to or will they get in a rut again like they did during that 6 week slump?

Personally, I think this is the start of a full turn around for this offense.  

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Beast said:

To be fair, a word was bleeped out.

He also could have said…..

“I’m feel like I’m not quite back!”

“I’m feel like I’m a running back!”

”I’m fee like I’m never coming back!”

I guess we’ll never ***** know. 🤷🏼

“I’m for sure back!” 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, the Shakir pass is one of those wow plays that even a fraction of a hair off was an INT where people would be killing him...but when Allen is on and confident, he hits those so much more often than he doesn't.  

The real question is how will Allen, Brady, and the offense respond when there is a hiccup and things aren't going great?  Can they keep that swagger, adjust, and come right back like they used to or will they get in a rut again like they did during that 6 week slump?

We will most certainly find out, and the rest of the AFC is going to sit up and take notice if we win at least 2 of the next 3 games. Right now I'm happy about the win, but in a "we'll see" mode once teams adjust to our new Brady-led offense

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I posted this in the post-game thread, but I'm thinking maybe this needs its own thread?  Simon, if this is redundant, feel free to delete it. 

Thanks for making its own thread.  I missed it in that thread.  Josh throws a strike and Shakir makes moves with Kincaid huge blocks against 8 in coverage.  He is back baby!!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, the Shakir pass is one of those wow plays that even a fraction of a hair off was an INT where people would be killing him

I said that in the game day thread when it happened.  Or at least I made a joke about.  I believe I said something like "OMG OMG Josh made a bad decision.  Should of took the checkdown."  
I've said it for years... you don't get those wow plays without the other stuff.  Thats what makes Josh special.  Hardly anyone makes that kind of play.  The same play that goes for an int is the same play that you say holy *****!

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

”I’m feel like I’m never coming back!”

"I feel like Dorsey won't be back"

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I said that in the game day thread when it happened.  Or at least I made a joke about.  I believe I said something like "OMG OMG Josh made a bad decision.  Should of took the checkdown."  
I've said it for years... you don't get those wow plays without the other stuff.  Thats what makes Josh special.  Hardly anyone makes that kind of play.  The same play that goes for an int is the same play that you say holy *****!

He's the only qb in the NFL who can make that exact throw. A 32 yard thread the needle laser.  That play is why MikeRob calls it a "hand cannon". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Orlovsky broke down that play and he definitely knew what he was doing, It's a tight window, Josh is just one of the few people with arm power and confidence to put it in there.

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Orlovsky broke down that play and he definitely knew what he was doing, It's a tight window, Josh is just one of the few people with arm power and confidence to put it in there.

And that is just it...confident, no hesitation Josh is one of the few that can make that throw.  When Josh isn't confident and is even a fraction late on that throw, its a Sauce INT.  It was nice to see him have his swagger back.

• Agree 3

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am surprised zebras did not call pass interference on Sauce on that throw.

It does not matter there was no pass interference,

44 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

“I got my haircut back”??

Team needs to strap him down and shave his head every game.

57 minutes ago, Beast said:

"I feel like I'm bringing sexy back...."

• Haha (+1) 3

Sure, it's nice that he's back, but he shouldn't have ever left.... where did he go?   

IMO it's too late in the season for this... the time to show up was week 1. 

Sure, maybe they have a strong finish, but if and that's a big IF, they make the playoffs, they'll have to go on the road and then all we'll hear in the off-season is that they need to get home field advantage.... blah blah blah... it's tiresome. 

I'm happy he's "back", but all is not forgiven.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Sure, it's nice that he's back, but he shouldn't have ever left.... where did he go?   

Sure, maybe they have a strong finish, but if and that's a big IF, they make the playoffs, they'll have to go on the road and then all we'll hear in the off-season is that they need to get home field advantage.... blah blah blah... it's tiresome. 

Says guy on couch.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He has been playing injured and hesitant because of it.  He was "back" the first quarter of the season.  Whether it was injury, mental, or a combination of both it's great that he feels he's out of the rutt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Why are you here?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

And still led the league in TDs while being "off." As well as a 70% completion rate. Yes, I know the turnovers are there too.

Leading the league in turnovers isn't something we can just brush aside though.

Nobody was praising Jameis Winston for being #1 in passing yards & #2 in TDs when he had 33 TDs to 30 INTs. Thankfully Josh isn't to that point in a single season, but it's still bad enough to where people dismiss the TDs due to the turnovers.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Can’t you read lips?

• Haha (+1) 1

So Josh is is as topsy turvy as this board about Allen. Why does Mahomes look like every game he plays with joy of high school junior QB.. arms swinging, head up, feet moving. And Josh has blue days, and then out of his mind days. He dug this hole, interested to watch how he meets the challenge. One week is a good start.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I’m fairly certain Allen won’t be asking for your forgiveness.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Thanks for making its own thread.  I missed it in that thread.  Josh throws a strike and Shakir makes moves with Kincaid huge blocks against 8 in coverage.  He is back baby!!

And Saucey gets beat, slows to a jog and gets bowling pinned by Kincaid. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

So Josh is is as topsy turvy as this board about Allen. Why does Mahomes look like every game he plays with joy of high school junior QB.. arms swinging, head up, feet moving. And Josh has blue days, and then out of his mind days. He dug this hole, interested to watch how he meets the challenge. One week is a good start.

Never had a dumb boss that you knew was making dumb decisions and you're just stuck there having to listen and go along.

You look around and everyone else in the office/job site knows this is stupid and definitely not going to work.... you guys try, but its getting worse. And the dumb boss is just hitting everyone with a try again.... 6 weeks wasted. Is your attitude going to be chipper? They aren't robots.

An OC who's a dead man walking, sulking the joy out of your life's passion. Playing away from your strengths, incompetence embarrassing the entire team week after week.

Then reporters "DIGG" in on you. But you have to bite your tongue, eat it, fully knowing you could end the witch hunt with about 5 or 6 words.

Keep hoping this is the week it either works or this guys gone.... and every Monday he's in there RAH RAH ING you.

OK I got a little off my analogy and into the real deal, but I can certainly see how it'd suck. We see it every year on 4-6 teams. Far from rare. You can't win in this league on raw talent.

Look how Romo calls plays out. You have NFL defenses calling out your bad plays at the line because its just predictable and bad. Bad, everything bad.... but you're the best. I just had to swipe hairs that fell out from stress off my phone screen imagining that. 

ECSTATIC TO SEE MY BOY BACK!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.