Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

Every time I hear the defense is keeping us in the game they always can’t make a ***** stop when needed. ***** terrible. I said to my wife they left too much time on the clock. Never expected the dramatic finish though. That’s just poor coaching, nothing else

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

I've watched the Bills over 50 years now. I understand Billsy. That was beyond Billsy. That was DISGRACEFUL.  Something has to happen now. I've always been a supporter of McDermott,  but they have imploded. Josh is regressing. We can reboot, Josh can still be great, but things need to change starting TOMORROW.  What that means? That's the question I guess.

Only way to change things is replace MCstupid, fans need to stop screaming for Dorsey because it's McDermott who is the problem and had been since 13secs.  They have never been the same since.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Cook fumbles...3 points Denver...difference in the game.

Gabe Davis lets a ball go through his hands for an INT deep in Denver territory...3 or 7 points...difference in the game.

Josh Allen throws a stupid pass before the half ends. Denver scores 3....difference in the game.

Josh can't hand the ball off to Cook and drops it when the Bills seem to  be gaining momentum....possible points off the board. possible difference in the game.

Taron Johnson doesn't turn around....difference in the game.

Bills have for some damned unknown reason (coaching) 12 men on the field and Denver misses a FG and we should have won...difference in the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Beane and McDermott have been milking Allen and he is no longer able to carry the team on his back because of bad drafting and bad free agent signings.  Time to fire McDermott,  

I wish more people understood this.  I understand what they did for Buffalo, but I also understand when it's time to try to go for it all with your once in a lifetime qb, it's time to move on from the coaches.   No doubt at this point

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JMM said:

I've watched the Bills over 50 years now. I understand Billsy. That was beyond Billsy. That was DISGRACEFUL.  Something has to happen now. I've always been a supporter of McDermott,  but they have imploded. Josh is regressing. We can reboot, Josh can still be great, but things need to change starting TOMORROW.  What that means? That's the question I guess.

I’ve defended McD to an extent. Maybe replace Dorsey. Maybe make him get a DC. Maybe we stop giving the ball away like it’s in style.

But we called the defense 2 plays in a row down the stretch. The Manning’s didn’t like that one bit. Then to lose with 12 men…..

This sounds crazy, but all the above rolls up not down. I’d be open to a HC fire mid season, even if it meant giving Dorsey control as interim HC. I’m suddenly very curious how many of stalling offense rolls up to the HC not the OC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

It's not excusable, but there is a man assigned the job of counting players.  I think it was Bernard.  Now, the coach may have not had time to remind him, but he still should have tried counting them from the sidelines.  Not sure he did or could have.  

I was thinking that, too.   But, he’d have had to call a time out, which was exactly not the plan.   I imagine him thinking … “12!   Should I, should I?”

This game should not have been close. It really shouldn’t have. 

The offense continues to be so bad. Turnovers, execution, play calling..it’s all just so frustrating to watch. 

The defense played admirably but McD can’t help himself with the blitzes. It worked once and he foolishly went right back to it again. 

The season looks over and I honestly think it’s time to consider cleaning house. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, technobot said:

It's excruciating watching new ways to lose in the final minute but let's be honest. Even if they had won that game won would you have felt good about the team's chances moving forward?

What's most disturbing is how much they lose like the drought teams used to.

I'm thankful for McD turning the thing around but everyone knows him and his tendencies and his defense, except this year he has overburdened himself with defensive playcalling responsbilities and tends to panic and call engage eight.

No matter what Pegula thinks he's in danger of losing the players if he hasn't already.

What a mess.

Josh isn't having fun anymore, that's painfully obvious. Diggs isn't either. 

• Agree 2

What does McDermott bring to the table at this point?

The team is an undisciplined mess. 

He chokes in the big moments. 

We can find a DC. For all we know he's not getting 100% out of the 71 1st round picks on defense. 

I'm literally shocked because I thought there was just no way we lose tonight. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, technobot said:

It's excruciating watching new ways to lose in the final minute but let's be honest. Even if they had won that game won would you have felt good about the team's chances moving forward?

What's most disturbing is how much they lose like the drought teams used to.

I'm thankful for McD turning the thing around but everyone knows him and his tendencies and his defense, except this year he has overburdened himself with defensive playcalling responsbilities and tends to panic and call engage eight.

No matter what Pegula thinks he's in danger of losing the players if he hasn't already.

What a mess.

he seems to have turned it around 360 degrees

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is so messed up. Literally traumatized. For life. We should file a trillion dollar class action lawsuit for pain and suffering over the last 30 years. Days like this make me wish the bills moved to Toronto so I could have been done with them then. Liking this team is a sickness. 

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

You know what guys, the offense sucked various times tonight, and came through at various times. 

Ditto for the defense.

Special teams and coaching sucked pretty much all night.

What I cannot get over, what will haunt me tonight and the rest of the season, possibly forever, was watching the Broncos kick a FG, seeing it MISS, jumping up in shock and about to celebrate, only to see a flag come in. That is honestly trauma right there. I can't even think about the rest because we just witnessed a win get turned back into a loss. Last years game against Minnesota was like this too, but this felt worse.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Man with No Name said:

I am so happy other people are calling out the 2nd straight all out blitz. the people i watched with looked at me like i had 4 eyes when i called it out. 

Just play straight defence and you force a long FG and still give yourself time and timeouts to make a FG yourself.  It was just stupid coaching,  it was stupid for Beane to not get McDermott to hire a defensive coordinator

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

what is this *****?  Please tell me this guy isn't going to make vague comments now on twitter that the media will eat up.

maybe he should go play with his brother who cost dallas the playoff game last year in SF because he did not want to tackle if he is unhappy.  

after I fired the staff if i ran this team I would take offers for this guy.  

just insane he would make a comment on social media after this kind of loss

• Like (+1) 4

I don't understand why the defense can never hang on that one last time. Every time they get in these situations. They play well all game and then the one absolute time they need to be at their best, they let the offense go right down the field. We got lucky in the Giants and Buccs games

I mean firing mcD is a given, really not debatable. My fear is that a lot of the bad habits are ingrained in the players. They are not given a free pass. A lot of immaturity and lack of knowledge of fundamentals which will be hard to reverse at this point. 
But it starts at the top, and there’s no other option but to start there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.