Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

Herbert is going to get a new OC to 

That’s how serious this is - Buffalo is competing with other more desirable locations.  

It will be the same post Josh era.  

Can’t wait.  Roll out the red carpet for your guy.  

We wasted 2 years.  Daboll was always the straw.  Called crap plays plenty but got EVERYTHING out of Josh.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I've watched the Bills over 50 years now. I understand Billsy. That was beyond Billsy. That was DISGRACEFUL.  Something has to happen now. I've always been a supporter of McDermott,  but they have imploded. Josh is regressing. We can reboot, Josh can still be great, but things need to change starting TOMORROW.  What that means? That's the question I guess.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I had a list of things to talk about. Things I saw. Things friends at the game texted me they saw. Comments from Manning and Aikman. 

But our coaching left 12 guys on the field in a run off moment with plenty of time to adjust. Jesus Christ. 

We’ve been turn over machines for 5-6 years now. But Jesus. To lose on 12 guys on the field. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Hey, 1pm truthers, this one is for you. The Bills did it for you. All these horrible primetime performances were to give you your 1pm starts back next season. You should all be happy. Where you all going to celebrate?

they’ll be celebrating at 2pm at the tailgate for all the 4pm games 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Man with No Name said:

THe coaches have to be fired. we have to hope it's them. cuz we can't replace all the players. if josh allen can't be coached out of this funk, we aren't worth anything more than a team like the jets. 

The hell we can't. Rip it down to the studs. Unload everything we can for as many draft picks as possible and purge this tainted roster.

Garbage players from top to bottom 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, JMM said:

I've watched the Bills over 50 years now. I understand Billsy. That was beyond Billsy. That was DISGRACEFUL.  Something has to happen now. I've always been a supporter of McDermott,  but they have imploded. Josh is regressing. We can reboot, Josh can still be great, but things need to change starting TOMORROW.  What that means? That's the question I guess.

yep. it was beyond billsy. it was incomprehensibly horrendous, i just cant make sense of the whole game, and now i cant make any sense of the season.

• Like (+1) 2

It's excruciating watching new ways to lose in the final minute but let's be honest. Even if they had won that game won would you have felt good about the team's chances moving forward?

What's most disturbing is how much they lose like the drought teams used to.

I'm thankful for McD turning the thing around but everyone knows him and his tendencies and his defense, except this year he has overburdened himself with defensive playcalling responsbilities and tends to panic and call engage eight.

No matter what Pegula thinks he's in danger of losing the players if he hasn't already.

What a mess.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we were going to lose to the Broncos, this was the best way to do it. In full view of a primetime audience, in spectacular fashion, with nowhere for McDermott to hide. Pegula can't look away from this.

I mean the 12 men on the field is of course hilarious, but somehow an even worse call came a few plays earlier when McDermott called a 2nd consecutive all out blitz on 3rd and 10. Poor Taron Johnson was hung out to dry by his awful coach and you look at his face on the sidelines and see he only blames himself.

McDermott has turned all of the players into the worst versions of themselves. At least everybody can see it now.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They literally knew that play was coming 3 plays prior.

Simply no excuse for not having the correct personnel on the field.

Total lack of discipline.

I'm officially out on McD. It's never going to happen with him at the helm.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 2

You know what guys, the offense sucked various times tonight, and came through at various times. 

Ditto for the defense.

Special teams and coaching sucked pretty much all night.

What I cannot get over, what will haunt me tonight and the rest of the season, possibly forever, was watching the Broncos kick a FG, seeing it MISS, jumping up in shock and about to celebrate, only to see a flag come in. That is honestly trauma right there. I can't even think about the rest because we just witnessed a win get turned back into a loss. Last years game against Minnesota was like this too, but this felt worse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Hey, 1pm truthers, this one is for you. The Bills did it for you. All these horrible primetime performances were to give you your 1pm starts back next season. You should all be happy. Where you all going to celebrate?

Amen to that.

We're back to the small town schedule. 9-7's FOREVER

the sandlot GIF

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I had a list of things to talk about. Things I saw. Things friends at the game texted me they saw. Comments from Manning and Aikman. 

But our coaching left 12 guys on the field in a run off moment with plenty of time to adjust. Jesus Christ. 

We’ve been turn over machines for 5-6 years now. But Jesus. To lose on 12 guys on the field. 

It's not excusable, but there is a man assigned the job of counting players.  I think it was Bernard.  Now, the coach may have not had time to remind him, but he still should have tried counting them from the sidelines.  Not sure he did or could have.  

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

“12 men on the field” is the new “13 seconds”. Who do we blame?

- Offense that is out of sorts and turns the ball over

- Defense that can never make a clutch stop.

- Special teams that gives up huge returns all game.

- Coaching that won’t run when it is working all game, and can’t get the right number of players on the field?

half the turnovers have been schematically ridiculous 

did the 5’6 but highly agile harty get his only target on a deep out with 45 seconds and no timeouts so every defender would be on the perimeter? Throw a long low developing pass to the guy that’s tiny and working in a phone booth at that point?

and how were we not kicking into the end zone? 

sure 12 men is a mistake for the history books but the whole things a coaching disaster

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Nobody is getting g fired before the season is over.  I hate to say Terry doesn’t have it in him without Kim at his side.  I hate saying that, I really do.

After the season? Depends how bad we end up.  McD will most likely make a sacrificial firing to keep his job if it comes to that.  

But honestly, no way McD is fired after 1 bad season missing the playoffs 

he should be even if we eek in and lose in the divisional round.  team is regressing. 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Who should the interim HC be? Offense, defense and special teams have all had serious issues.

Doesn't even matter  Coaches need to be accountable MCDermott benched Cook for almost a full half for getting the ball punched out be gets away with this crap?   Beane as well if need be  He hit on Josh been riding that train ever since  Players out there risking life changing injuries  They deserve the best we can find  Take rest of the season to figure out how to have some balance on offense and not have it be Josh Allen Superhero dependent

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.