Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

M. Wrotto

• M. Wrotto changed the title to Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

His heart is in Michigan and not sure his drive to win it all will be the same here.  Not saying it won’t but I’m just uncomfortable with it. 

Slowik

Johnson

And I know it sounds crazy - might be time to revisit Bienemy.  

The Commanders O looks better then the Chiefs (sorta) - that is not to say it’s all bc Bienemy left they have Reid for goodness sakes.  I just think it might be something.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, M. Wrotto said:

We should offer Harbaugh 18 mil a year and have him hand pick a staff. What we have was nice 5 years ago, now we are barely treading water.

Wow your very reasonable point got a lot of negative reaction in the memes.  But you are spot on.  The guy is an ex QB with an excellent offensive mind which is perfect for today's NFL.  He also has shown that he can win as a head coach in the NFL. An as an Ohio State fan I can say with certainty that Harbaugh has done a remarkable job with that program particularly the offense.

IMO Allen would thrive with Harbaugh as coach.

26 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

One way to think about Harbaugh is that he’s a guy who got Colin Kaepernick to a Super Bowl. 

Another way to think about him is that he’s a guy who lost to Joe Flacco in a Super Bowl 😵

The first point is why I would hire Harbaugh in a second.  The 2nd point needs to be clarified: Harbaugh lost to the Raven Defense which was one of the best in the history of the NFL that year.

• Like (+1) 3

I always got this vibe from Jim Harbaugh that he liked cocaine, like, really liked cocaine. And I just don't know if that's the kind of energy we need around Josh Allen. 

Is this a slanderous statement about Jim Harbaugh? I don't know. Maybe? But didn't he punch Jim Kelly once? And didn't he used to slap Alex Smith in the helmet a whole bunch before 49ers games? According to this board, Josh Allen has already had 53 concussions and he doesn't need Jim Harbaugh ringing his bell before Sunday Night Football. 

Edited by MPL
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MPL said:

I always got this vibe from Jim Harbaugh that he liked cocaine, like, really liked cocaine. And I just don't know if that's the kind of energy we need around Josh Allen. 

Is this a slanderous statement about Jim Harbaugh? I don't know. Maybe? But didn't he punch Jim Kelly once? And didn't he used to slap Alex Smith in the helmet a whole bunch before 49ers games? According to this board, Josh Allen has already had 53 concussions and he doesn't need Jim Harbaugh ringing his bell before Sunday Night Football. 

In fairness, a LOT of people that have met Jim Kelly have wanted to punch him once or twice. Wasn't always the best human being in his playing days😂

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

His heart is in Michigan and not sure his drive to win it all will be the same here.  Not saying it won’t but I’m just uncomfortable with it. 

Slowik

Johnson

And I know it sounds crazy - might be time to revisit Bienemy.  

The Commanders O looks better then the Chiefs (sorta) - that is not to say it’s all bc Bienemy left they have Reid for goodness sakes.  I just think it might be something.   

He hates the NCAA bureaucracy and was considering leaving before all this.  

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just say no to cheats. 

I'm sure when it's all said and done we will see his opponents had just as much on Michigan. Michigan just ran a more extravagant process.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’s also a jackass that never won anything.

He's been further in College and Pro than our Head Coach who also hasn't won anything. 

3 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

The guy who was mediocre & dominated by rivals so started stealing signs and now is all of a sudden really good? Him?

He is 3 for 3 in turning around losing teams. Stanford was competing with an elite USC team. 49ers went to the Super Bowl in a matter of years. Michigan is back to being a powerhouse. Ohio State changed signs last year. Michigan didn't have them. That is what Day has said. It didn't matter and it won't matter this year. He builds a mentally stronger team. 

He's a polarizing figure before the scandal. Even more so now. But to think he isn't the most qualified guy? He's a former NFL QB for god sake. His family is entrenched in football DNA. He has won everywhere.   

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

We should offer Harbaugh 18 mil a year and have him hand pick a staff. What we have was nice 5 years ago, now we are barely treading water.

and go through 8-8 for 3 years of scheme changes and the roster cuts and rebuilds that go with them?   

Nah.  This team is banged up on D and slow rolling it on O to keep the D off the field.   weird and questionable, but seems to be partial explanation for what is happening.

yet another knee jerk reaction to a loss from this board.  

All will be forgotten and you'll all be singin the praises next Tuesday like you always do after a win. 

• Vomit 1

The one place Jim Harbaugh didn’t wear out his welcome in 4 years is his alma mater, Michigan - and he had to cheat to make that happen. He’s also a colossal d-bag. It’ll be Wrex all over again if he comes here. I might even openly root for his quick failure so we could move on to a good candidate deserving of respect. It won’t matter though as he will almost certainly be getting hit with a show-cause penalty. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

11 hours ago, MPL said:

Apparently so did the 90s Bills, and we loved them … 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious why all the downvotes. At the surface, this seems like low hanging fruit to say yes. 

But why do many no?

Easy.  The Dickies khakis don't match our colors.   

And he isn't 1/10th the coach his brother is.  

The thing people always seem to forget about Harbaugh is that he is a conservative coach by nature. Hiring him would be the equivalent of bringing on Bill Cowher. His philosophy is basically run the ball and rely on your defense, which is completely outdated in the modern NFL. I have no idea why anyone would want to sign up for that. Very hard pass

• Thank you (+1) 1

He’s a winner but a big time weirdo.  The change from McD to Harbaugh might be too much of a culture shock. That being said, there should be a lot of roster turnover so this might be the best time to shake things up.  He’s a top 5 coach in all of football. I don’t have faith that McD is a championship coach so I say let’s do it. 

3 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

He’s a winner but a big time weirdo.  The change from McD to Harbaugh might be too much of a culture shock. That being said, there should be a lot of roster turnover so this might be the best time to shake things up.  He’s a top 5 coach in all of football. I don’t have faith that McD is a championship coach so I say let’s do it. 

I definitely think there will be significant changes this offseason to the roster. Do you trust Beane to make the right moves. He also has to share in the blame with McDermott in this team not getting over the hump and at least getting to or winning a Super Bowl. I look at the Ravens roster and I am jealous. That is what a Super Bowl contending roster looks like. Strong at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Top notch defense all around. Can run the ball down your throat. Can play action pass or run/pass option with Lamar and do it very well. Lamar doesn't get the credit that Mahomes, Allen and Burrow do but he is also a very good passer. Unless injuries play a factor, I think we are looking at a Ravens-Eagles Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

He hates the NCAA bureaucracy and was considering leaving before all this.  

I'm sure when it's all said and done we will see his opponents had just as much on Michigan. Michigan just ran a more extravagant process.

He's been further in College and Pro than our Head Coach who also hasn't won anything. 

He is 3 for 3 in turning around losing teams. Stanford was competing with an elite USC team. 49ers went to the Super Bowl in a matter of years. Michigan is back to being a powerhouse. Ohio State changed signs last year. Michigan didn't have them. That is what Day has said. It didn't matter and it won't matter this year. He builds a mentally stronger team. 

He's a polarizing figure before the scandal. Even more so now. But to think he isn't the most qualified guy? He's a former NFL QB for god sake. His family is entrenched in football DNA. He has won everywhere.   

Agree with everything you said outside of the cheating.  Yes sign stealing happens. Yes coaches share “scouting reports”.  No, teams don’t sneak staff on other teams sidelines dressed up as a coach to “scout”.  I could go on and on but nothing Michigan did was normal.  The mere fact that Gattis won the Broyles award is the most damming piece of evidence. That being said, I’d take Harbaugh in a second. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.