Bills @ Bengals Game Thread - 2nd Half

Simon

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

My favorite is the disguised blitz threat on third and long, and all the guys in the middle at the line drop back into coverage and leave the entire middle wide open right to the stakes. 

This D always asks a guy to be in 2 places at once.  It's like a ponzi scheme

• Agree 1

Just now, DCBongo said:

This is truly WTF!  Offense should be much better than this.  This almost feels like a game during the drought.  It's feeling like this week is the season.  And I am sober to boot.  

I am not sober, but I feel similar.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chugga said:

Just as a reminder when we give up points it sucks but I get it.  We are down all pros, pro bowlers, and solid starters on defense.

The offense is 100% healthy.  Correction we are down our starting TE but he is actually worse than his backup.  And that offense has 10 points so far.

The offense, or lack thereof is by far the main reason we are 5-4 now. Not the defense. The offense has been awful the past five weeks and cost us multiple games. No excuse for it at all. 

Just now, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

We literally are down 7 starters 

10 points from the offense is a big problem. Some is on Dorsey. Some isn’t. He has his own issues, but he also bears the brunt of a few years of frustrations. 

Moving on may be best. But he isn’t THE problem here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

All respect, but I don’t think this is competitive at all. Not to say that I’m right and you’re wrong, I’m just totally disheartened at this point. The Bills are mostly losers in primetime games. This year sucks so far. 

yeah.. this is embarrassing. Again. 

Won't argue with that, I guess I meant for 3 quarters this was a watchable game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I don’t quite know where to go.

I think McD has been a decent CEO. But there have been issues.

Ive been critical of Beane. Our roster is old and expensive. It will take a year or two to dig out of.

Dorsey is sometimes great. But also not. 

Josh is physically gifted. Wildly talented. But erratic and not great feel feel at times. 

I think it I s time to rebuild this thing from protection  around Josh and out. Fans won’t love it, but it will take a few seasons to get Von, Tre, Hyde/Poyer, Knox, and Morse off the roster and have reasonable replacement. And it will force Josh to make some more plays with his arm, and may exacerbate some things. But it may be a necessary evil. 

Otherwise we just become Rodgers and GB. 

I'm ready for a complete reboot.  Cut the fat like you said and bring in a fresh voice at head coach.  We aren't on the cusp of anything good at this point.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

That fumble  was the coaches fault 

You like our game plans this year?

We have 3 points since the opening drive.  Our players suck and are making these elite coaches look bad?

Edited by White Linen

Just now, Mango said:

I don’t quite know where to go.

I think McD has been a decent CEO. But there have been issues.

Ive been critical of Beane. Our roster is old and expensive. It will take a year or two to dig out of.

Dorsey is sometimes great. But also not. 

Josh is physically gifted. Wildly talented. But erratic and not great feel feel at times. 

I think it I s time to rebuild this thing from protection  around Josh and out. Fans won’t love it, but it will take a few seasons to get Von, Tre, Hyde/Poyer, Knox, and Morse off the roster and have reasonable replacement. And it will force Josh to make some more plays with his arm, and may exacerbate some things. But it may be a necessary evil. 

Otherwise we just become Rodgers and GB. 

I don’t see how Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Von and Morse are back next year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

10 points from the offense is a big problem. Some is on Dorsey. Some isn’t. He has his own issues, but he also bears the brunt of a few years of frustrations. 

Moving on may be best. But he isn’t THE problem here. 

Yea he isn't the only problem. That is definitely the case. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Preds said:

Just blow it up.  Please.  The regression since 13 seconds is just maddening. FIRE McDummy and Dorsey NOW, as in immediately post game.  We are NOT going anywhere but downwards under this staff, they're 2 1/2 seasons past their peak.  Watching the same crap week after week is maddening.  McD's "process" cannot and should not be trusted any further  6+ seasons and it's yielded sht. 

Let an assistant take over for the rest of the season and then fire the rest of the staff and bring in a young, upcoming offensive mind.   Rebuild on the fly around Josh and Diggs.  Everybody else can go as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder if Sean is gonna quietly remove that Lombardi trophy banner form the field house and replace it with playoffs or bust

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.