Week 9, Bills v. Bengals - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

Congratulations again to last week's winners @Gregg and @kkim0904!  This week, the Bills travel to Cincinnati to face the rejuvenated Bengals, who have clawed their way from 1-3 to 4-3 by winning their last 3 games in a row.   We all remember the embarrassing 27-10 home playoff loss last season.  Will the Bills rise up and smite them?  Or will we again curl into the fetal position and go away quietly?  I predict a very tough game, with the Bills escaping by a late FG courtesy of Bass-o-Matic.

Beews - 27

Bengals - 24

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

Week 2 - @Gary Marangi

Week 3 - @Nelius

Week 4 - @SoonerBillsFan

Week 5 - @BeavercreekBillsFan

Week 6 - @BuffaloBillies

Week 7 - @mead107

Week 8 - @Gregg and @kkim0904

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pry the first Bills game this year I could see going a blowout or close win by both teams.  Bills under Allen are 5-0 on Sunday Night football.  This has a Bills Chiefs 2021 SNF vibe to me where we won 38-20 after being embarrassed by them in the playoffs.  I do worry about Allen's shoulder though and the white jersey with blue pants/blue socks look.  I think it'll be closer for those reasons....but

Bills 32

Bengals 26

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills 27, Bengals 24.  People are all up in arms about Borrow and their offense, but we were saying the same about the Fish and McD came up with a scheme to slow them down.  Granted we are missing Milano and Jones but I still think we confuse Burrow enough.  And many are saying we have to go crazy on offense, but their DC has shown he can slow us down a bit too.  I think Josh does some Josh magic and we pull out a close one.

• Like (+1) 2

Dorsey discovered something with the O last week.  Josh continues to spread the ball around and mixes in a few runs.  Bills put up 31 points; the key is whether the D can slow the Bungles down.  I’ll say they do just enough to squeak out a hard fought 31-27 W.

• Like (+1) 1

I think this team will be very deliberate in showing that they are not the team that no showed in the playoffs last year. I feel like we see a very motivated bunch to "right the wrongs" of how their season ended last year.

However right now there may not be a team playing hotter than the Bengals. Seems every year they hit this stretch on fire and almost unbeatable. And they will be at home in front of a rowdy crowd. 

I feel like this will be a much more competitive game than the playoffs were last year. However, I think we are on the short end here and end up dropping a close one that is much lower scoring than many would think.

Cincinnati - 24

Buffalo- 20

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think this game all comes down to how well Dorsey and Allen can deal with the defensive gameplan from Cincy and if they figure out answers for their pressure looks.  

Last year especially in the playoffs, they had no real answers.  

If that happens again, they can't win.

I would expect they do tho...or at least enough answers that they give the Bengals problems on defense.  Bengals are one of those teams that you think they should score more than they do, and that will ultimately come back to haunt them in this game, settling for a FG one too many times.

Bills 27

Bengals 23

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Buffalos 27

Tigers 23

Classic upset coming as everything is towards Cincy and Buffalo is completely being undersold along with this being a revenge game for the playoffs. Bills and Allen got off to a hot start as they use a hurray up offense and Diggs torches Hilton on a slant for a 7 yd TD. After trading possessions Cincy has the ball midfield before a sack fumble from Groot. Allen hits Shakir on a play action for a 35 yd TD and suddenly it is 14-0 BUF with 10 mins left in the half. CIN gets going and Burrow answers with a Chase TD. BUF gets a FG before half to go up 17-7. 2nd half CIN gets it to 17-14 as they move downfield and Mixon scores. Allen takes the Bills on a time killing drive and they get a TD from Cook on a 20 yard run to go up 24-14. Entering the 4th CIN is slowed on their drive which takes time but a pass interference call gives CIN an easy TD from the 1 yard line from Burrow to make it 24-20 as they fail on the 2 pt try. The Bills go 3 and out and the defense slows CIN with a sack on 3rd down by Von to force a FG with 5 mins left and it is 24-23 BUF. The Bills are able to run most of the clock and kick a FG with 30 seconds left to go up 27-23. Burrow and the Bengals fall as the clock expires (no hail mary as they are not pass midfield) and the Bills get their most convincing win of the year.

Allen 276 yds 26-32 2 TDs 63 yds rush

Cook 89 yds 9 attempts 1 TD

Shakir 98 yds 6 rec 1 TD

Groot 2 sacks 1 FF

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.