Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I like PFF and what they do, but their ratings for certain positions are terrible. CB rankings are as bad as you get because they only grade plays where the CB’s coverage responsibility is targeted by a pass (which is absurd IMO). I’m not ripping the move or player, just PFF’s CB ratings. 

For the record I’m glad we made at least one move. Douglas should be able to help. He’s a competent, experienced mid-tier starter at CB, which is among the things we needed. While we gave up a fairly valuable 3rd round draft pick, at least we got back GB’s 5th. 

Next Gen stats also says Douglas has been excellent and so do people who break down film, so this isn't simply going on one site.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Step back the Chiefs have scored 20, 17, 19 and 9 against the Lions, Jags and Broncos twice and added Mecole "butter fingers" Hedman at WR. But I know we should work on scoring more than stopping the opposition cuz that worked in 13 seconds game.

To be fair, we punted 4 times in that game. If that number is 3, we win.

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Last year we had Tre. This year if Jackson or Benford go down we got Josh Norman. This is a solid pick up and if Tre does come back, a potentially great CB tandem.

Norman should only play if we face Titans in the playoffs so he can get his revenge & smack Henry down.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Bean seems to do good on the later round picks---good for the salary cap too--lol.

Also you have to figure they will do some draft day trades either punting picks away for future selections or to move up in other rounds. 10 picks is good for this team but given that the Bills couldn’t roster more than 3 draft picks from 2023’s draft (they had to IR Shorter and then their back two picks were waived and picked up by the Texans) that volume will have to come down a bit to 6-7 selections at minimum.

Edited by billsfan89
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mopreme said:

Didn’t chase young go for a 3rd? Former top 3 pick and considered franchise guy. I like the player the Bills got but giving up such a high pick seems like a lot? My guess is that there was competition.

well hell yeah were chasing Miami and Jaz and Balt is improved and our safeties are older-slower and as far as corners go..the best is seriously hurt - again - a 6th rounder beats out a first rounder and the rest are backups one of which had to start, one is 35 and out of football for over a year...and oh yeah Dean Marlowe is not available 

44 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

And that poster isn’t part of our fan base. They need or like attention so come to another’s teams board to make snarky comments, I feel bad for them really. 

Ha?  That poster?  You should feel bad for our endlessly suffering fans. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The answer is no.

I'm 100% convinced people here only watch the bills

Thats me !

And I still wanted the Guy from the bears

Johnson

dont hate us  lol

Bills fans come in all shapes and forms

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Is the defense like the offense where it’s so complicated that it takes two years to figure out how to use a guy and get him on the field?

it actually can only be mastered by a select few

Milano

Hyde Poyer White really no one else

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

Not blindly trusting anything or anyone. It's just one more small piece of news for people to digest. Most people, including myself, will for our own opinions after watching him play in our system for a few games.

I will hope and try to trust that McBeane know how to evaluate veteran corners, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

All the trade deadline winners and losers takes have the Bills consistently as winners.  So there is that too.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Bean seems to do good on the later round picks---good for the salary cap too--lol.

How the heck are we spelling our half decade tenured GMs name wrong 🤣🤣

Elude/allude <--- Literally couldn't care less about.... But 'Bean' and 'Darius', should be punishable by death lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I’m good on watching the packers.  I’ll take your word for it.  Look forward to seeing our new number four corner 

So you know he's only good enough to be a backup, despite claiming to not know anything about him...am I getting this right?

I'm hearing "WAAAHHH WE DIDN'T GET GUY IIIIIIIIII WANTED!"

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Casey D said:

All the trade deadline winners and losers takes have the Bills consistently as winners.  So there is that too.

I have never so much use of the angry emoji, than I have on any pages ever compared to pages reporting this to GB fans.  Plenty of compliments from them, too.  The only people not mad are the ones embracing the rebuild, and the cap space.  

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I like PFF and what they do, but their ratings for certain positions are terrible. CB rankings are as bad as you get because they only grade plays where the CB’s coverage responsibility is targeted by a pass (which is absurd IMO). I’m not ripping the move or player, just PFF’s CB ratings. 

Pukevomiting.pngFantasyFootball

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

For the record I’m glad we made at least one move. Douglas should be able to help. He’s a competent, experienced mid-tier starter at CB, which is among the things we needed. While we gave up a fairly valuable 3rd round draft pick, at least we got back GB’s 5th. 

Late (back 12) 3rd for an early (front 12) 5th is not too bad.  Green Bay has always been my 2nd team and interest was reduced for job in Minneapolis once by company whose owner had a box and they found out I was fan.  I will root for losses for Green Bay this year (hard with Vikings w/o QB and Bears in division) so they can restock roster and give us a better pick.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Also you have to figure they will do some draft day trades either punting picks away for future selections or to move up in other rounds. 10 picks is good for this team but given that the Bills couldn’t roster more than 3 draft picks from 2023’s draft (they had to IR Shorter and then their back two picks were waived and picked up by the Texans) that volume will have to come down a bit to 6-7 selections at minimum.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a little different this coming year. Alot of our vets have expiring contracts and I think this is prolly the last run with this core group. We will see more turnover and more open spots next year than we ever have before while being a good team.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he is an upgrade on our starters. Admittedly haven't seen a lot of Green Bay this season, but have seen a lot of Douglas since he came out of that good 2017 draft class. The Eagles ended up cutting him, 3 years after spending a 3rd on him because teams CONSTANTLY targeted him then he bounced around practice squads before sticking in Green Bay. No team in the NFL has misevaluated DBs as consistently as Green Bay in the past decade. 

For a 3rd with a 5th coming back I really do not like this. I think he is a better fit in our scheme than Elam but he is a lateral move from Jackson and Benford for me. 

Maybe he has suddenly improved a ton and will prove me wrong but man I hate this deal.

Douglas definitely was awful with Philly........but then he did suddenly improve.........when he went to GB.

Like De'Vondre Campbell did too.   Both were utter trash until they went to GB and then they got very good overnight.    If the Bills had gotten Campbell too it would have gotten the same kind of initial responses but he has been like an 80 PFF grade LB overall since he joined GB.    

McBeane need to be able to find these kind of guys who just needed a change of scenery and some seasoning.   Poyer was the last one of those they found and that was technically one of Whaley's(along with Lorax, Tyrod, Zach Brown etc.. that was sorta' Doug's thing).

Maybe Elam is that guy for them and just needs some time and guidance like Rasul did.   And maybe that's part of the reason they wanted a guy like Rasul Douglas.........to put a guy on the team that has been thru what Elam is going thru now and got to the other side and became a very good.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m starting to this this defense is going to evolve to rotation of 4 down lineman supported by 7 safety sized dudes of varying athleticism. 

I think 5 DL and 6 LB/DB combo with outside DE's acting like OLB's in the old 3-4 but used to rush and not cover as much. 

4-7 would be too small and we'd get eaten in the run game. We need some big bodies up front and LB's who can tackle and get to the ball. Once Dorian Williams is up to speed he may get back on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Douglas definitely was awful with Philly........but then he did suddenly improve.........when he went to GB.

Like De'Vondre Campbell did too.   Both were utter trash until they went to GB and then they got very good overnight.    If the Bills had gotten Campbell too it would have gotten the same kind of initial responses but he has been like an 80 PFF grade LB overall since he joined GB.    

McBeane need to be able to find these kind of guys who just needed a change of scenery and some seasoning.   Poyer was the last one of those they found and that was technically one of Whaley's(along with Lorax, Tyrod, Zach Brown etc.. that was sorta' Doug's thing).

Maybe Elam is that guy for them and just needs some time and guidance like Rasul did.   And maybe that's part of the reason they wanted a guy like Rasul Douglas.........to put a guy on the team that has been thru what Elam is going thru now and got to the other side and became a very good.

Good point. Look at the strides Rousseau and AJE have taken since Von has been around.

Fingers crossed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.