Bills signing Fournette (for real this time)

Process

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just remember him in college and thinking he was in his mid 40s. By all accounts, he’s a really good teammate. 

but I hope this isn’t going into Cook’s usage. I think he’s been pretty good this year, minus pass pro.

I remember watching him in the HS all star game thinking the same.  Dude was always jacked.  Now jacked and fat.  Love it.

Agreed regarding cook.  I’d like him to get 80% of the rushes at least.  I think Lenny could be a better version of Murray in the pass game as long as he can still pass protect. Chip, leak out, catch and run someone over.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

1200 yards last year...he's definitely still got juice. And the whole "playoff Lenny" thing lol

wow 650 rush, 550 receive (by far the thing i like better, but having him to vulture TDs will be nice, especially in the name of keeping Josh from being needlessly hammered)

• Like (+1) 1

With Harris out, this move makes sense.  A guy with some talent, experience, and maybe some gas left in the tank who can fill a spot that needed to be filled, that cost no draft assets and not likely much cap space either.

Edited by msw2112

6 minutes ago, JMM said:

No downside here. He's still likely a viable short yardage back. Not costing us any assets and probably gonna be vet min.  Decent move. 

sure the former number 4 overall will turn his nose up at special teams. That’s a negative 

Edited by Charles Romes

2 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

How does this help our porous defense? Seems like Beane is just doing this just to show he's doing something...

Signing a player doesn't mean anything regarding the trade deadline.  There is still an open roster spot and Harris could be out longer than expected.  It's a depth signing that likely needed to be, done a week and a half later than originally reported and for less money for the remainder of the season.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 4

It's pretty clear that they aren't loving Cook in pass protection and they don't think he's going to hold up in 17+ games in the red zone. They also want someone to take short yardage pressure off Josh. Murray is a good veteran but he looked slowwwww against the Bucs. Fournette probably won't touch the ball more than 4-5 times a game once he is elevated from the PS but if he can be in there on 3rd down and help protect Josh and catch a pass or two, he would be a nice addition. Not really a difference maker but I don't think that was the goal here.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Process said:

I like this move. Murray has value in pass protection but I don't want to see him touching the ball anymore. It's been painful watching him run it recently.

Think he takes Ty Johnson's spot on the practice squad with a few call-ups til Harris gets back.

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I like it. Now go get a CB and a LB. 

Benjamin Allbright reporting that Bills, SF and Cowboys are "in on CB Jaylon Johnson" from Da Bears. I looked further - some twitter saying Bills have made offer of: Elam and 2nd round pick for Johnson.

Hmmmmm.. Beaner up to a good deed?

• Like (+1) 5

25 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

How does this help our porous defense? Seems like Beane is just doing this just to show he's doing something...

Yeah, that’s it. I’m sure every GM sits in their office going “I better pretend like I’m working.” and then plays speed dial roulette with an agent. 

Don’t pollute the board with stupid *****. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.